We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is this Anthrax stuff scary or what? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
I have 2 small children, and I wonder what they will go through in their life times.

Smile Smile

Tim the Magic Man Hadley
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The terrorist want you to be scared, that's the idea behind all their tactics.

The best you can do is teach your children good sound moral values, common sense, and of course a good sense of right and wrong.

I will not go into it here at the cafe, but I also believe in a good relationship with God! Prayer is a powerful weapon. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
Steve:

Thanks for the reply.

Your right Prayer works.

Tim Smile
Cliff
View Profile
New user
Warrington, England.
73 Posts

Profile of Cliff
I'll go along with that. He's never failed me yet and I know He never will. Smile
All the best

Cliff
mikesmagic
View Profile
New user
Jersey shore
24 Posts

Profile of mikesmagic
Smile

I really feel sorry for the rock band that chose the name "Anthrax". Talk about choosing the wrong name.

Smile

However, I believe as all of you do, we should NEVER let the terrorists think they can diminish our spirit or our faith in the higher power that we share in. I also believe that as long as we (The American public) do NOT panic and keep our heads, then victory in the long run will be ours.

Smile

I have however, have been very careful to any mail I do receive and have even refused to open some, mostly bills, but hey!, ya' never know.

Smile
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I think if the terrorists wanted to scare us magicains away, they would hire the "masked magician" to do a special on card effects. The anthrax, we’re safe from.

Lets keep things in perspective people.

That reads a little more tense than it was intended. Please don't take offense Mike, I know you were kidding.
Yakworld.
mikesmagic
View Profile
New user
Jersey shore
24 Posts

Profile of mikesmagic
None taken yakandjak, and if I offended anyone at all, that was not my intention either. I tend to use humor when I get scared to take my mind off of my fears.

Smile Smile
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I feel kinda safe w/the Anthrax going around. Now of course I like anybody else could get a letter coated with the stuff, but why would anybody wanna send it to me ... wait scratch that ... how could anyone find my ... no that’s not right either... nevermind, I said too much already.

On a serious note though I’m not going to let the terrorists scare me out of my everyday life. Before all this happened I had always liked getting the mail, give or take a bill or two of course. And now I have to worry about getting Anthrax because they hate our wonderful country for our beliefs and freedom. No way I’m letting that happen to me. I will continue to fly our flag from my house, I will continue traveling even though I won’t go near an airplane due to heights. And I will continue getting my mail without fear except for that cell phone bill issue of course Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
Thanks for all the replys.

This place is great.

Tim Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Some years back, when my wife and I were living in Toronto, there was the threat (just the threat) of a bomb to be placed on the subway.

I offered to drive my wife to work the next day.

She refused, pointing out: "I would sooner die than let those morons change my way of life."

Good advice, I think.

During the Spanish Civil War, La Pasionara said: "Better to die on your feet than live on your knees."

Also good advice, I think.

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
If we let them cause us to just exist, and not live, then they have won. I, for one, will not give them that satisfaction! I believe that if it is meant to happen to me, then nothing I do to prevent it, will stop it. Of course, this does not mean that I throw common sense (what little I do have) to the wind. I don’t go out and seek danger, but I will not let fear run my life. I’m traveling to Indianapolis next week for about a week and a half, and the only reason I am opting to drive instead of fly is because my nine year old begged me not to fly. I tried explaining to him it was safe, but he just simply could not understand...he finally said, "Mom, if only for me, can you not fly?" Well, how could I tell him NO? I couldn’t! So, I am now driving to Indianapolis. I’ll be traveling through Nashville, so if there are any Nashville magicians out there that would maybe like to get together for coffee on my way there or on the way back, it would make a nice stop for me! It might also give some of you the chance to put a face to the name of the "crazy magic lady"!! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5856 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
It might also give some of you the chance to put a face to the name of the "crazy magic lady".

Is she going with you? Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I never go anywhere without her!!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
If everyone in the world felt the same as you guys, it would be the perfect world!!!

Bengi
AsL
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of AsL
When it's time to go it's time to go. If its not then...I'll just do MAGIC! Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Did you just seriously resurrect a post that is 3 1/2 years old?
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Yes indeed...and about something we know the outcome of...nothing happened!

Whats this all about?

Howard
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
"I also believe that as long as we (The American public) do NOT panic and keep our heads, then victory in the long run will be ours."

They've already taken some since that post...how sad (I know that's not what you were reffering to. Smile)

"Some years back, when my wife and I were living in Toronto, there was the threat (just the threat) of a bomb to be placed on the subway."

We've had bomb threats at our school a couple of times before. It was a couple of years ago...

"Did you just seriously resurrect a post that is 3 1/2 years old?"

Now THAT'S magic! Smile

Daniel
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Memo
View Profile
New user
Germany (northrhine-westfalia)
77 Posts

Profile of Memo
On the first look I thought, you would be discussing Anthrax again and I missed something in the media. I am lucky, I was wrong. And because I don´t want to start another politic discussion about terror & war, I don´t say anything about that topic Smile
"There have been many claims by magicans and mentalists to the invention of mnemonics; some of the claimants have been world-famous performers - and none of them have a right to their claims!" - Corinda
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is this Anthrax stuff scary or what? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL