The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Baby Shower (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Hey Guys,

I've got a fantastic opportunity to expand my market doing balloon centerpieces. I've been commissioned to do a baby shower at an exclusive country club in town with over 30 up coming moms and a guest list of 300 business women including several dignitaries of the town, local media, and city government. We're going to have storks, balloon babies, balloon rattles, bears, and flower bouquets. I'd love to have a large tree with pacifiers hanging from it but I can't get the concept in my head to put one together, any ideas? And does anyone know of a cute small pacifier that could hang from the tree branches or be on all the tables? The dinner is in two weeks and any ideas, advice, or insights are welcome.

Thanks,

David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Here are some pics of baby shower stuff I do. The baby carriage is made like a birthday cake, but with a section removed. The stork is pretty self explanatory. I made this from a pic I saw. I make my giant pacifier with an 11" balloon with the nozzle going through the bottom of a geoshape and a 260 for the handle. Hope this inspires a little.
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Having trouble uploading pics. You can see the stork and pacifier in my facebook photo gallery if you want. http://www.facebook.com/Redrobynballoons
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Thanks Robynhood, I'll definitely use the baby carriage, hadn't thought of that one. Plus it makes me wonder about a bassinet?
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Pacifier -
160 balloon
make 8 small bubbles (string of pearls) and loop in a circle. Twist the circle in half (2 circles,4 bubbles on each side) the twist the 2 circles together to make a 4 petal flower. Use the rest of the 160 to loop around for the handle. Put a 5" round on top. for extra effect, put a packet of sugar into the round balloon to make it rattle.
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
OMG Wes,

I did just what you said with the 160 and added a clear 5" round with white polka dots. I went to get some sugar and since we use splenda I substituted a few kernels of popcorn. My wife dropped a few kernels in some food coloring for the second one and instant adorable rattle. Thanks so much for the idea, it will definitely be one we use at the dinner.

David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Yes, thanks Wes, I'm going to file that idea away for my next baby shower!
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
You're welcome <passes the hat> ( Smile )
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Here's what I did at a baby shower last week:

Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
That's fantastic!
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Hey Steve,

After looking at your pic of the stork again, I realize the baby has a little protrusion for the nose. CVare to share on that??
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
The head is a blush Qualatex heart. I pinch one of the lobes of the heart while inflating it to get the desired shape. The real challenge on this sculpture was to get it stable and not tip over. It is top heavy and the beak and baby really made it want to lean forward. The base is a Qualatex Geo Donut that I filled with a couple of sand weights (5 inch rounds filled with sand). I ended up using a couple of water weights as well shoved under the stork's feet for added weight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Baby Shower (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL