The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..21~22~23 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3442 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I believe energized coin is basicaly "Blasted" which I believe you are refering to Richard.

John
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2273 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Yes John, Blasted was the name of it (I bought this from Hank Lee in the early '80es, did you?). The mix of both concepts seems very convincing IMO!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-09-27 01:43, xl18 wrote:
I just wish they would have thought of a more creative way to get rid of the first coin as did Marvin's Magic.

This intrigues me because I haven't seen the demo video Smile Perhaps we can use Marvin's Magic extra gimmicks to make the coin dissapear with this Tenyo trick?
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
Do we have any prices for the new 2013 lines?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
What price you ask ? The real price in Japan ? The price in your local dealer ? The price from Magico Japan on ebay ?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Add all 2013 videos on blog. You can find it too on seo-magic.
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
Any prices just as a rough idea! This year looks to be Tenyos best!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Real price in Japan :
God hand 1890 JPY (19 euros /24 USD)
Clear Surprise 1260 JPY (12,5 Euros / 16 USD)
MemoPad 1470 JPY (14,5 euros / 19 USD)
Coin Through Glass 1260 JPY (12,5 Euros / 16 USD)

(These prices come to Japanese advertising http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S0i__ohzvIU/UF......+add.jpg )

Then you will be able to compare to the price at your local dealer when available.

So now you see all videos what do think of the tricks ?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Great information and thanks for the video's Davy! What would we be without you, seriously Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I think we can make nice routine with Tenyo Trap Box + Tenyo Coin Through Glass !
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I've just seen the demo's and these are my initial thoughts.

- Magical Memo Pad - OK, this is going to need some practice to peform convincing in my opinion, especially in the second part of the routine. Not my favourite. I have no idea how the gimmick works however.
- Miracle Thru Coin - I love it as it is, but this will probably work perfect with the gimmicks used in Energized Coin. There are other tricks that use the same gimmick as Energized coin, but saying more would be considered revealing.
- Clear Surprise - I have absolutely NO idea how the bill gets into the bag, unless it has a slit in it on the back- or frontside but then it would not be inspectable which I really hope it is (the bag that is)! This is actually my favourite IF the bag would is inspectable. If not it would be a litle bit of a let-down but it would still be a good trick of course.
- God Hand - Lubor has done it again! I mean wow ... this is (at least it LOOKS) stunning. Ok you'll have to use the tray provided but that shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. The big question for me is ... can you shown your hands empty before, after or before AND after the trick (or worst case scenario: never)? Smile

All things considered this looks to be a great line up this/next year.
Not like in the 'old' days with those 'toy-like-self-working-gimmicked-thingies' unfortunately (those days are gone I'm afraid) but still something to look forward to as a Tenyo collector and even as a magician Smile
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Those video performances are that great.

The Memo Pad routine looks good until the end so I suppose a better performance will do it justice?

I'm not getting Clear Surprise. Too many unnatural conditions just to reveal a bill in an envelope. Maybe again its just a bad performance?

Coin Thru Glass is okay but probably should not be done on video where you can see it frame by frame.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Magical memo Pad - I wonder if the performer added the second phase himself as it is not in the trick description. The second phase does not work so well on video but may work well in person. As of now I have no idea how the first phase works either.

God Hand - His hand is never shown empty in the video so that makes me think there is something there.
I think this trick will go well with Mobile Illusion. I would keep this on my lap. Cut a card in half and restore it using Mobile Illusion. Then cut the same card into quarters, put it into the tray while still on my lap and bring it out and restore it again.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Quote:
On 2012-09-28 10:52, Mark F wrote:
Those video performances are that great.

The Memo Pad routine looks good until the end so I suppose a better performance will do it justice?

I'm not getting Clear Surprise. Too many unnatural conditions just to reveal a bill in an envelope. Maybe again its just a bad performance?

Coin Thru Glass is okay but probably should not be done on video where you can see it frame by frame.

Meant to say "performances aren't that great". Wish they had done more practice before posting them because they spoil what are probably decent tricks.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-09-28 11:00, xl18 wrote:

God Hand - His hand is never shown empty in the video so that makes me think there is something there.
I think this trick will go well with Mobile Illusion. I would keep this on my lap. Cut a card in half and restore it using Mobile Illusion. Then cut the same card into quarters, put it into the tray while still on my lap and bring it out and restore it again.

GREAT idea!

Quote:
Meant to say "performances aren't that great". Wish they had done more practice before posting them because they spoil what are probably decent tricks.

Well if I can ever perform them as smooth as in the performance video's I will be happy to be honest. I don't see what's wrong with the performance video's unless you want the tricks to be performed with great sleight of hand skill which I (most of us Tenyo collectors perhaps?) don't have.

And of course as magic collector's we're watching these tricks and videos entirely different then our spectators will - I'm making that mistake over and over again Smile I didn't like 4D Surprise one bit, untill I began performing it ... the reactions of students, family and friends were amazing.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
My estimate is that with the prohibitve cost of postage out of Japan, the prices for the US will be nearly double the simple conversion of yen to dollars.
I sometimes ship things to the US from Japan, and it's incredibly expensive.

"Clear Surprise" looks very good on Seo's video. You can't examine either the envelope or cards, though that should not be an issue. The cards seem like the don't really have anything to do with it, and the envelope is transparent. Laymen usually don't feel compelled to examine something they can see through!

I'll be curious to see how "God Hand" feels when I do it and what the exact principles involved are. Between the two videos on Stereo's website you can see what's going on, but now how it's happening. The second video is a completely cheat, of course, if ditching that way, however I have done card tricks where I did ditch that way with some misdirection from the other hand. It's also interesting that when the item was demonstrated to me, the card was lengthwise in the dish in front of the performer.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
You are true Richard about the cost of trick outside Japan, and it's normal that the price rise, Shipping + margin store + at the time, English package... I still noted that the difference was higher in USA than prices in Europe. 2 years ago the price of some Tenyo tricks was less expensive or egual in "MAGIX UNLIMITED shop" in France than the price of Ebay Magico Japan.
The worst example of "prices differences" has been Ghost lamp sold to USA for $ 60.

I like Clear Surprise too and as you say it's not an issue if not examinable because I noticed too that "Laymen usually don't feel compelled to examine something they can see through".

No you can't show your hand empty for God Hand, I think after seeing video that this fact is sure and definitive.
I think it's impossible to perfom after Mobile illusion because as I say before you have to begin the routine with all props ready in the plate.

I think we can even say that this year is a good year.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I feel that "Memo Pad" will can maybe use a similar gimmick to the one used in "Impossible Pen". but this is just an idea, I do not know.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-09-28 11:00, xl18 wrote:

But maybe you can do the other way, starting with God Hand, spectator put his finger on the cut card wich is restaured and after perform Mobile Illusion and this time offer to sign the card and give this so magical restored / signed card as lucky gift at the end.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2273 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
But God Hand seems so strong visually, I'm not sure it would be appropriate to follow with Mobile illusion...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL