The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..21~22~23 [Next]
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have take a look at Penguin and price are very good compared as what I can find here in France.
More there is some items which are very less expansive compared to Hitomi( Confined Cube 16$, Hitomi 25$).

With these conditions it is obvious that I too would order from Penguin if I can.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
They sell world wide just check what shipping is for you there I bet it is still a good deal. Smile

Penguin has tremendous buying power so they pass the savings on to the customers! Smile
I have a friend in Israel that buys and resales Penguin products does very well.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
After going to Penguin a few minutes ago seems they had to up their domestic shipping to free over 50.00 which is still no problem.

And they have added this:
For our Canadian and Foreign customers we have recently updated our shipping rate system to give you the absolute lowest rate on shipping possible. Your order's shipping will be calculated at checkout based on the actual weight of the items in your order.

Richardo The Magnificent
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2435 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
As a collector, I don't want photocopied instructions. To me it's important to have the original printed instructions.

And, yeah, Penguin is probably the way to go.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Just curious, does anyone know if the Japanese packaged tricks sold in Penguin and other stores in the USA come with the coupons for the Tenyo Specials?
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-10-28 13:01, stereo wrote:
It's NOT a few dollars less Richard.

Ghost Lamp for example is sold 72 USD here in France. Hitomi sold it at 36 USD....
Ballon Illusion 47 USD here, 25 USD from Hitomi...
4D surprise 52 USD in France, 28 USD from Hitomi etc etc...

The difference is huge, and it is only for one item, then imagine the difference when you purchased the 4 tricks of the line. It's not few dollars less at all.
I think there is really a problem somewhere. Fortunately, all the imported product does not have their prices multiplied by two or more ... The explanation can not be that, or shipping cost etc...

And I think that even people who have money, comfortable resources, buy at the best possible price.

According to the latest statistics, people are ready to support their own economies of their countries, only if the price difference does not exceed 15 %. Here It is very very far.

Ps: With Hitomi you have the original Tenyo instructions too, after the release. Ok it's photocopied but not a big issue.

Agree 100% with stereo on this one.

I could buy 1 trick from a distributor in USA, France or other country......but for the same amount of money I could buy 2 tricks direct from Japan.....

Bottom line: I prefer to support the INVENTOR/MANUFACTURER buying 2 items instead of 1.

I have been here for a while reading from all the posters and I respect and find all of you to be very clever persons……so…….there's NO lack of understanding of business here…as Richard Kaufman said.

I go very often to distributors…….but for sure I don’t go there to “support” them….if I go there is because they have had the ability to offer me something that I will not find elsewhere….(product variety, discount codes, fast shipment, after sale service…....).

I don’t think that we, the customers, should resolve a problem that our distributors have not been able to solve.

So my vote goes for: h.i.t.o.m.i. Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
It's a completely different story when you live in the USA or in Europe for example. The prices of Penguin are very good and if I would live in the USA I would probably buy from them. Prices in European stores are much higher because of all the countries here which each have a large distributor/seller. We don't have a Penuin Magic here (there once was a European Penuin long ago) that can buy dozens of tricks and therefore sell for very competitive prices. And paying often double just to have the 'original' manual isn't something I'll do.

Also, when I order from the U.S.A. I often have to pay these ridiculous custom taxes ... that never happened when I ordered from Japan. Also shipping from Japan to Europe is A LOT faster then from the USA to Europe ... .

But again, it's a different story when you live in the USA.

By the way Hitomi told me she will probably have the 2012 tricks in stock this week Smile
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
By the way Hitomi told me she will probably have the 2012 tricks in stock this week

Finally! I've been waiting a year for those. Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I don't think this has already been posted, so here goes.

Official prices from Ebay shop Magico-Japan for the 2013 tricks

• God Hand / Card Surgery USD 27
  • Magic Memo Pad USD 22
  • Clear Surprise USD 20
  • Miracle Coin Thru USD 20

Shipping for one: USD 6, two USD 10, three USD 13, four USD 16

That would make a total of 105 USD for all 4 tricks including shipping worldwide.

They will be available tommorow, thursday at the latest. And I did it ... I pre-ordered it anyway Smile The Tenyo Special for 2013 will be released in februari and while it would save me some shipping costs I couldn't resist ordering the other tricks Smile
I'm planning to post a review of each trick next week on my website like I did last year.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
2013 available now and ready for shipping on Magico japan ebay Shop !!!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Do you like the new line Cyberdave ?
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
I don't have them yet ( I was having a little fun with Killertweety's misprint of 2012 instead the 2013 he meant), but based on the demos, they look to be great, far better than last year's, in which I was a little disappointed. The prices are shaping up to be equally great. Still waiting for Penguinmagic to chime in before I pull the trigger, but Hitomi's prices this year seem hard to beat.

Now if I could only figure out which one will be the future 'Ultra tube', and buy a hundred of them...
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2284 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-10-29 11:50, Killertweety wrote:
I don't think this has already been posted, so here goes.

Official prices from Ebay shop Magico-Japan for the 2013 tricks

• God Hand / Card Surgery USD 27
  • Magic Memo Pad USD 22
  • Clear Surprise USD 20
  • Miracle Coin Thru USD 20

Shipping for one: USD 6, two USD 10, three USD 13, four USD 16

That would make a total of 105 USD for all 4 tricks including shipping worldwide.

They will be available tommorow, thursday at the latest. And I did it ... I pre-ordered it anyway Smile The Tenyo Special for 2013 will be released in februari and while it would save me some shipping costs I couldn't resist ordering the other tricks Smile
I'm planning to post a review of each trick next week on my website like I did last year.

You will pay a little bit less if you order directly from her (instead of Ebay). Should be something like $99.50 including shipping...
macdaddy
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of macdaddy
Does anybody know when Penguin Magic will start selling the Tenyo 2013 tricks?
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I emailed Penguin asked them if the instructions they supply are original Tenyo English instructions or Googled Japanese to English translations they sent me an example of what they get. It was a link to Murphy's Magic PDF file with the real deal instructions with Tenyo Copyright C and date on the bottom. And asked when can we expect to see the New 2013 line available. The reply was, "We hope to have the 2013 items in by mid-November." So there you have it Real Deal Tenyo Instructions and 2013 line in by mid- November.

Richard

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right"
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2435 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
If any of you dream about selling your Tenyo in the future at collectible prices, genuine English-language instructions from Tenyo are a must. Nothing against Hitomi, from whom I've bought many things and gives great service, but since the purchase of older Tenyo items and the collecting of them seems to be a big thing here, the issue of instructions should be noted.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 11:31, Richard Kaufman wrote:
If any of you dream about selling your Tenyo in the future at collectible prices, genuine English-language instructions from Tenyo are a must. Nothing against Hitomi, from whom I've bought many things and gives great service, but since the purchase of older Tenyo items and the collecting of them seems to be a big thing here, the issue of instructions should be noted.

I do not agree. Most important to have a valued trick in the future is that the packaging has not been opened, it is brand new, it is exactly as the manufacturer has created. And this is the case here. The original version is the one with the most value, Japanese one is original one. Have packaging that is torn or defaced because the back is glued over a plastic bag to put the printed English intruction has no interest at all.
The history of English instruction has interest only in the context of real English packaging and this is not the case from now on. Now the real one is Japanese one. The English instruction is just a bonus ( and now everyone can print as the original with a good printer. The repro instruction from John are exactly the same as original one )
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Well I can say without fear of retraction the tenyo that Penguin is selling is sealed Japanese version with Japanese instructions in the package and bonus tenyo English instructions not in package so you can read it without opening the package for cheaper so it is a win win situation. And you get the PDF file you can print all the instructions you want and send the file to others how can you beat that ...with a Ninja?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes it's perfect in this case ! Have to wait to know the penguin prices now.
In precedent post someone speak about bag past at the back of the package, it's for that I say this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL