The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..21~22~23 [Next]
macdaddy
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of macdaddy
From what I am reading, Hitomi's instructions are homemade translated instructions before the official release, and copies of the official English instructions after the release. So if you order from Hitomi in the middle of November, you should get the official English instructions.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I always order and support Hitomi shop because :

1 - For me she is implicated in the world of Tenyo, always ready to help.
2 - She give me lot informations, and each year all preview from the upcomming line before everyone on Internet. It's thank to her I can give informations of the new line in June.
3 - She have low prices, and I d'ont have lot of money, without her it would have been more difficult for me financially to complete my collection.
4 - She is the only one on Internet that sold the Tenyo Specials. Tenyo Specials are very important for me, It's the tricks I like the most in my collection. And generally she keep it for it's best customers, especially when you want to buy multiples copies. It's a kind of reward. (The one available on ebay are Tenyo Special that are re-edited by tenyo and sold separatly like ghost puzzle, magical burger, illusion scale, but majority of special are never re-edited and have limited avaibility)

So in the end, even if I find a shop a little cheaper,I will continue to buy from Hitomi because it is not just a question of price, but a combination of positive things that make me order from it.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Few months ago bought Illusion Scale from SEO so there is more than one place on the internet that sells one Tenyo Special, at least Illusion Scale which I like. I gets good reactions from it. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
"You Feel Lucky Punk"
"Go Ahead Make My Day"
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 23:52, MrWizard wrote:
Few months ago bought Illusion Scale from SEO so there is more than one place on the internet that sells one Tenyo Special, at least Illusion Scale which I like. I gets good reactions from it. Smile

I think you don't have really read my post lol

"The one available on ebay (or Seo) are Tenyo Special that are re-edited by tenyo and sold separatly like ghost puzzle, magical burger, illusion scale, but majority of special ( all the others )are never re-edited and have limited avaibility "
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
But it is also possible to make a "discrete" visit in the fortified safe of Hitomi where all special are stored. Like this bird lol

MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I read it ok I'm just saying I like Illusion Scale and got it one state away in 2 days.
It is the very Angry Penguin you have to deal with now don't turn your back on him.

Tricky Ricky

"You can lead a collector to a better deal but you can't make em buy it"
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Sorry, it seems I had not understood well about Illusion Scale Smile

I think there is lot of people who did not know why some old "Tenyo Special" were sold and not others. In fact some specials are re-edited and sold as is by Tenyo, while others are not for sale and impossible to find in stores because it is only a gift in reward by collecting points on the boxes.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
"impossible to find in stores because it is only a gift in reward by collecting points on the boxes"

I never knew how the specials came into play but knew they were free somehow. So did they want you to originally cut up your collectible Tenyo boxes to send in the points to get specials like sending in box tops from your Corn Flakes, Coco Puffs, and Sugar Smacks cereal boxes to get a baking soda submarine bath tub toy?
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Hitomi is top notch in my book. I bought from her some rare items like the complete set of McDonald's Tenyos. She always takes care of me.

Plus she is a very beautiful woman.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-11-01 11:46, MrWizard wrote:
"impossible to find in stores because it is only a gift in reward by collecting points on the boxes"

I never knew how the specials came into play but knew they were free somehow. So did they want you to originally cut up your collectible Tenyo boxes to send in the points to get specials like sending in box tops from your Corn Flakes, Coco Puffs, and Sugar Smacks cereal boxes to get a baking soda submarine bath tub toy?

Yes, on each box you have point to cut, when you have 3, you ship to tenyo your coupon and you receive the special trick in your mailbox for free.
You can see on the blog how the coupons looks like :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UjLkfRPLUCY/TY......upon.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9IrDDCza48E/T1......Bpub.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6IPzhxKHor8/T1......%2B2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IbEb8wYj7SY/TW......2002.jpg

etc etc...
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Sorry, but there is a difference to collectors whether you have a photocopy of the instructions or the original instructions which Tenyo prints on glossy stock.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1917 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-11-01 22:36, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Sorry, but there is a difference to collectors whether you have a photocopy of the instructions or the original instructions which Tenyo prints on glossy stock.

Perhaps for some, but I'm a collector and I don't care. An unopened package is much more important for me. It will have the original Japanese instructions on glossy paper and a copy of the English version (and often a pdf/jpg/docx/... file with the English instructions you can print on any type of paper you want) wich is perfectly OK with me.
Things would be different if the package would be English too, but this is not the case anymore in the recent years.
But again, as you say for some it might be important. If the trick becomes (very) rare and you wish to sell it even English/Japanese boxes don't mean that much anymore according to prices payed on auction sites (though there might be a slight difference for some items). I'd like to have a spare Mini Morphosis and I actually don't care if it is Japanese, English or even from Murphy's - as long as the box is unopened I'm fine.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 05:34, MrWizard wrote:

LMFAOAIRUADTSATTH!!!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-11-01 22:36, Richard Kaufman wrote:

I'm collector and I don't care too ...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I got my memo Pad today, a French shop send it to me his sample for free. Very kind.
I like it. Quality is really cheap, I did not know it was possible to make paper as thin lol but if you use your own rigid pad it will be good.
Gimmick is really unlikely assemblage of plastic lol I have to try it now with a real spectator to see the reactions...
JL608
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of JL608
Just another note of praise for Hitomi and her excellent service.

I ordered all four new releases on Weds and paid only a little more for Express Mail to the US. They arrived today (Friday).

And the English instructions provided are fine as well.

Joe
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
I consider myself as a collector also....and don't care so much about the instructions paper .......or if its printed or photocopied or whatever....but of course there are different levels for collecting and for sure there are more purist collectors that would pay more for this features.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 19:27, cyberdave03 wrote:
Now if I could only figure out which one will be the future 'Ultra tube', and buy a hundred of them...

I think that you can see there is recent tricks that are allready discontinued, so I think it is often those who become rare because the production was stopped very quickly.
For example 2009 Animation Frame, and Magical Door are allready discontinued so maybe these 2 will gain rarity in the next years.
Mobile illusion, Magician's Matchbox, Confined cubes, can become very sought after in few years too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL