The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
My reviews are on my website http://www.tenyo.be .

A pretty good year, but still, the 80's and/or early 90's have not come back ... .
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 10:33, stereo wrote:
Card surgery is really not easy to perform smoothly ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8H3Vc5PK5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0UJRdZOmxE

And I was wrong in my answer simcoscor, the answer is not exactly what I really wanted to say, so ignore my reply. Sorry for that. I think I really have stopped trying to be funny in English... Smile

That second video is hard to watch. I think he should have practiced it a few more times before filming.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Hitomi send to you a nice blue blox... you are lucky guy ....

For memo pad it's not examinable, but it's important to begin the routine with the pad on the table, because spectator understand (without think about it) that all is normal and flat. So if it's flat, nothing is hide behind. it's important part of the routine ans it's why the gimmick can move in that ways and is not simply fixed.

Last trick from Inaba is Shriking pen, so maybe Magic Memo Pad took three years of development, which would explain why Mr Inaba not out of tricks in the meantime.

For Miracle Coin Thru we have to investigate and try to really know if it's examibale and if you see the trap or not when your don't know the secret. However I like the build quality, is very nice design ( want to buy 3 others to use it as real not magic coaster in my house), I found it very very nice design. Like the round felt on back too. The quality is not that bad.

Clear suprise is good trick, but absolutly no innovation, and it's only for that is the last on my list. But for sure it's good trick and will fool people.
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Yesterday I purchased "Card Surgery" on Ebay. I looked for the best price! I didn't notice until this morning while reviewing the purchase that it says that the instructions are only in Japanese. I really don't know what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Rick
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Ask to cancel your purchase to the seller, just explain that you do not understand the Japanese. If seller is good person he will refund you without probleme.
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Thanks for responding to my problem! The first thing I thought of was cancelling the order but its marked as "Shipped". It could take a week or two before it even shows up. I would certainly be willing to pay $10(thru Palpal) if someone would be willing to fax me a copy in English.

Rick
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The only person I know wich have make the hard work (it's really a hard work) to translate the instruction is Hitomi (Magico Japan on ebay) so I think if you ask her you can find a solution. Send her a message on ebay.
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Hi Stereo, I sent a message to Magico Japan on Ebay and asked if they would be willing to sell me a copy of their instructions in English. It appears from reading their add that they already have the instructions made up in english! I'll wait and see if they are willing. Thanks again for your help.

Rick
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I have a Miracle Coin Thru and the trap is definitely NOT visible. I've done it for a few people and they're blown away. Even I can't see the trap on mine.

Are you sure you're closing it properly after you load the coin inside? There's no reason for it to be visible unless the coin is not pressed all the way down firmly into the well until the gimmick pops.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 14:18, Killertweety wrote:
My reviews are on my website http://www.tenyo.be .

A pretty good year, but still, the 80's and/or early 90's have not come back ... .

Great reviews killer.....I still don´t have the items (just ordered last wednesday) but from what I have read my favourite is Clear Surprise......simple but ingenious and uncommon.....also easy to carry....we have the spoiler of the decription so we know that something will appear in the bag.....but for an spectator is a surprise!!....

Could change my mind after receiving the items...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 21:29, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I have a Miracle Coin Thru and the trap is definitely NOT visible. I've done it for a few people and they're blown away. Even I can't see the trap on mine.

Are you sure you're closing it properly after you load the coin inside? There's no reason for it to be visible unless the coin is not pressed all the way down firmly into the well until the gimmick pops.

The trap is never visible when you look at close, but Put you coaster on a table, real day light, and go back far from the table, turn around and you will see a big square Not only the trap but all the 4 sides of the mechanism.
Try in your Richard and tell us if you see it too.
If there really is a problem of some production units is not good. And it annoys me having to return the trick to Hitomi for an exchange because I do not know if it will be reimbursed by Tenyo.

Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
That's exactly what I discribed Stereo. Thank you for this very usefull picture. My t*** isn't as 'noticeable' as in your picture but I haven't tried it in the lightning condition you had when taking your photo.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have to take 5 photos to have one where it's visible like this. It's really question of light and angle. But it's not acceptable. and when you come closer the trap shadow disappears.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 10:33, stereo wrote:
Card surgery is really not easy to perform smoothly ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8H3Vc5PK5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0UJRdZOmxE

It *is* a little knacky to perform, but the main problem is noise. Seems like they could have made the gimmick a little quieter somehow.

I tried using a PK ring and it's even louder. Then I tried using a "No Talk PK Ring". I thought this might be the answer.

It's totally quiet, but one problem... the No Talk PK Ring isn't strong enough to pick up "everything". So, back to the drawing board.

I'm going to try putting some felt on my Tenyo gimmick. I think that might quiet it down. But, if anyone has any ideas, can you please post them?

Robert
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Maybe Raven trick ?

In fact it's do not make noise if you put your hand directly on the card, so the card don't have to "jump" BUT ideally we want that the movment are smooth so do not want to "push" on the card.
You have the choice, No noise but suspicious, or noise but more smooth ... lol
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2298 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-11-12 08:58, stereo wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 21:29, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I have a Miracle Coin Thru and the trap is definitely NOT visible.

LOL!!!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
If you have to take five (!) photographs to get one that shows the trap, then I'd say the trap, even in yours, is pretty hard to see.

I have never done the trick in daylight. Unless you're doing walk-around at a picnic, what reason would you have to perform the trick solely in daylight?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2298 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-11-12 19:52, Richard Kaufman wrote:
If you have to take five (!) photographs to get one that shows the trap, then I'd say the trap, even in yours, is pretty hard to see.

If you take 25 pictures and the trap is visible on only one, then I'd say that it is a failure and the prop isn't examinable at all.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2298 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
I have never done the trick in daylight. Unless you're doing walk-around at a picnic, what reason would you have to perform the trick solely in daylight?

The only condition in which the trap is totally invisible is at candlelight. What reason would you have to perform the trick solely in candlelight?

If you received yours directly from the Tenyo team, maybe it's from another (non defective) batch.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2298 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-11-12 20:14, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:

The only condition in which the trap is totally invisible is at candlelight. What reason would you have to perform the trick solely in candlelight?

If you received yours directly from the Tenyo team, maybe it's from another (non defective) batch.

Sorry. My mistake. The trap is also clearly visible at candlelight (maybe even more!).
What reason would you have to perform the trick solely in a completely dark room? A picnic for blinds maybe? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL