The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Well, I don't have this so I don't know.

I'm just glad that Richard Kaufman is posting here on the TMC about the new Tenyo products. I know he's a serious collector.

Richard is one of the few truly honest guys in magic.

Robert
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5298 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Yep. Got that right Robert. Richard is da bomb.
I say, sit back, listen and learn.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2284 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
When you'll get it Robert, please share with us what you think. I wish you will receive a non defective unit.
The question isn't if the trap is visible or not on my unit: IT IS visible, from most angles, and in any lighting condition. The question now rather is how many of us will receive a "defective" unit showing obviously its "secret" ...

BTW my comments are about the Tenyo trick that I received. Not about individuals.
I'm also glad that Mr. Kaufman is posting here, and I do know that he is well respected in our community.
Simon
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2284 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
One picture. Candlelight (1 candle). No touch up. Not a good camera. Anybody please let me know if yours is invisible, I will be glad to order a new one.

magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Wow....this is bad news....will let you know as soon as I receive mine....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-11-12 19:52, Richard Kaufman wrote:
If you have to take five (!) photographs to get one that shows the trap, then I'd say the trap, even in yours, is pretty hard to see.
I have never done the trick in daylight. Unless you're doing walk-around at a picnic, what reason would you have to perform the trick solely in daylight?

Well and if you have 5 spectators, even if only one see the trap, he will not hesitate to say very quickly to other ...

Sorry Richard, bit I live in the day, and sleep on night ... Every time in my life is in daylight. Now I'm in daylight when I reply to you post (i have a windows in my room, not you ?), the photo of coaster is in daylight.
I have no reason to "solely" (lol) perform in day light, I just want to perform "solely" all the time day or night, when I want.

Honestly ...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-11-12 20:38, Robert M wrote:
Well, I don't have this so I don't know.

I'm just glad that Richard Kaufman is posting here on the TMC about the new Tenyo products. I know he's a serious collector.

Richard is one of the few truly honest guys in magic.

Robert

Yes I 'm glad too. very good news to have a person like Richard here on the forum. This is a person I always take the time to read when I see an post from him.
But Now with time I must admit that Richard often said a lot of crap (sorry in advance if the word is not correct, this is the google translate), with great aplomb and often thump "definitive truths" that are actually not so true. I sometimes feel that he live in another world (and it's truth and not bad thing at all), and as everyone tells him he is genial whatever he does or says, he eventually acts as a real believe. This is a serious error recess. But this is only my opinion, in all friendship. And everyone know, the French like me are jerks lol
Choi Sin To
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
65 Posts

Profile of Choi Sin To
Hi everyone, I am Choi Sin To,from Hong Kong.This is my very first post on this forum.

To be honest,once I recived my Miracle Coin Thur week ago,i really found it just perfect. However, after reading yours comments and detail check with mine one. I am very sorry to tell the truth that the trap is really VISIBLE no matter what lighting situation. Once you left it on table and stand about 3 to 5 steps away, the trap will appear completely.

I seek myself as a serious tenyo collector, I am not going to raise any argue here,but I really agree what Simcoscor said that the main point is if we are now having a defective unit and any follow up will be made or we can make. And anyone has contact Hitomi about this.(Btw, I also obtain these from Hitomi even I can obtain the tenyo 2013 at about US70 right at Hong Kong.)

Hope you guys understand my poor English.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Welcome to the forum Choi, and your English is very clear.

I do wonder if this is a 'defective batch' or all of the tricks are like this. If someone has one where the trap isn't visible they can perhaps take a picture?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2284 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 12:31, Killertweety wrote:
If someone has one where the trap isn't visible they can perhaps take a picture?

You can ask Stereo: he already has 4 pictures like this... LOL!

Welcome aboard Choi Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2435 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Stereo, Google Translator is a really poor application. I use it only on rare occasions in a pinch. Otherwise it makes hash of what you're trying to say.

The copy of Miracle Coin Thru I was given was still factory sealed: no one from Tenyo had opened it up to make sure I was getting a "good" one. The invisibility of the trap might vary from piece to piece if several of you can see it. I would only ask: are you certain that your trap is fully shut--with the coin pressed down until the bottom pops, and then the flap pushed down firmly over it? The trap should sit completely flush if used properly and would only be visible if it's slightly elevated. Otherwise I don't know why it would be visible.

Tenyo does note in its instructions that there is a small dot on the exterior border, and that you should point the dot toward the spectator when performing to keep the trap invisible.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2284 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 13:41, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Tenyo does note in its instructions that there is a small dot on the exterior border, and that you should point the dot toward the spectator when performing to keep the trap invisible.

OH! Now I understand! That was a missing piece of information to me! I don't remember having read this on Hitomi's instructions. I will check tonight, for sure. That also confirms that the coaster isn't intended to be fully examinable by the spectators...
Thank you Mr. Kaufman for this important and valuable piece of information!
Simon
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes I know about the dot, it's for that I put the dot forward on my pictures for the blog. ( and the dot it's for the spectator do not see when the trap open when the coin pop-up if I have well understand)
Do you have try Richard what we say ? get a little back and turn around ?
For the coin, at the end of the routine, the coin is not on the props so coin or not it change nothing. The trap have to be invisible in both case and specially when the coin is no longer in because it's at this moment the coaster is in full view and maybe examinated. ( At the beginning there is the glass on it, after the glass is upside down on it, so the coaster is a little hidden ).
Do you understand what I mean ? in fact the most important moment is when the coin is not inside.

Ps : I have sent a message to Tenyo via the official Website. Wait a reply now.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3451 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I decided to order the 2013 line this year from my local brick and mortar shop to support him, bad news it will be a couple more weeks before I receive them... The good news is that you guys should have all the bugs worked out before I get them!

Cheers,

John
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2284 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
LOL John!

About our coaster "mystery", another bad news is that the dot thing isn't the solution. In brief, the trap is visible to the spectator even if the dot is towards him. Checked.

Good news is that if the problem is widespread, this item will be discontinued very soon, and mine will worth a couple of hundreds$$ in a few years on Ebay.
:banana:
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5298 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 19:55, simcoscor wrote:
Good news is that if the problem is widespread, this item will be discontinued very soon, and mine will worth a couple of hundreds$$ in a few years on Ebay.

simcoscor...truer words have never been spoken.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
LOL John!

About our coaster "mystery", another bad news is that the dot thing isn't the solution. In brief, the trap is visible to the spectator even if the dot is towards him. Checked.

I immediatly think about this too. Discontinued directly !
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2284 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 09:02, stereo wrote:
Quote:
LOL John!

I immediatly think about this too. Discontinued directly !

You certainly have thought about this Loooong before me...

Quote:
On 2012-11-10 15:42, stereo wrote:
...want to buy 3 others to use it as real not magic coaster in my house...
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I'm not necessarily knocked out by any of the Tenyo line this year.

Miracle Thru Coin is the most "old fashioned Tenyo" of the tricks - a clever, mechanical and portable device. I don't think the visibility of the gimmick is a manufacturing flaw at all. The way the coin behaves is going to fool most people. It's as clean as that gimmick is going to get. The real issue with the trick is that its nothing new and exciting for Tenyo. still I think people will develop some good routines around this one.

Card Surgery is interesting to play with and looks cool but having a cut up card ready and sitting in a tray is sort of a silly thing to me. If you can get past the set up and the angles then I suppose its the most magical of all of the tricks. I love and own many Lubor F tricks so I'm mildly disappointed that this isn't a more self-contained, Tenyo-like item. It's more like some of his non-Tenyo items.

Memo Pad is pretty interesting and the gimmick is very clever. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see anyone being fooled by what is happening to the coins. They won't figure out the design of the gimmick but once they hear the sound of the second the third coin they'll have a sense for what is going on.

Clear Surprise is kind of dumb in my opinion. The trick itself falls flat and there are too many props involved for just the simple effect of making a bill appear. The trick and the props remind me of something you'd buy for $10 at the magic shop.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 22:41, Mark F wrote:
I'm not necessarily knocked out by any of the Tenyo line this year.

Miracle Thru Coin is the most "old fashioned Tenyo" of the tricks - a clever, mechanical and portable device. I don't think the visibility of the gimmick is a manufacturing flaw at all. The way the coin behaves is going to fool most people. It's as clean as that gimmick is going to get. The real issue with the trick is that its nothing new and exciting for Tenyo. still I think people will develop some good routines around this one.

Card Surgery is interesting to play with and looks cool but having a cut up card ready and sitting in a tray is sort of a silly thing to me. If you can get past the set up and the angles then I suppose its the most magical of all of the tricks. I love and own many Lubor F tricks so I'm mildly disappointed that this isn't a more self-contained, Tenyo-like item. It's more like some of his non-Tenyo items.

Memo Pad is pretty interesting and the gimmick is very clever. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see anyone being fooled by what is happening to the coins. They won't figure out the design of the gimmick but once they hear the sound of the second the third coin they'll have a sense for what is going on.

Clear Surprise is kind of dumb in my opinion. The trick itself falls flat and there are too many props involved for just the simple effect of making a bill appear. The trick and the props remind me of something you'd buy for $10 at the magic shop.

I think Godhand is a video trick but won't hold up in the real world.

Memo Pad is the best one in my opinion. I think using only 2 coins is the way forward. Has anyone got any hints to make it work 100% everytime? Don't let me put you off buying it. I think I'm doing something obvious wrong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL