The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Maybe it's possible to find a good routine to make dessapear something other than coins as wood matches, trombone, small balls.
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
264 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Thread has been pretty quiet for a while. Just wanted to tell you, Stereo, how much I've been valuing not only your reviews, but also your sense of humor! Très bien - Merci!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you, it is very nice Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-09-06 12:28, jpmagic0820 wrote:
You are welcome Stereo. Yes I have Japanese magic blog " Hey presto!".
I love your Tenyo Fan blog. It's really GREAT!!

The 54th Tenyo Magic Festival will be held on September 23.
And new products will be sold as a pre release in the festival.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate it though..Smile

Hello JPMagic,

I really need your help but impossible for me to find a way to send you an email. If you see this message can you send me an email to tenyomagicblog@gmail.com

Thank you very much.
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 22:41, Mark F wrote:
I'm not necessarily knocked out by any of the Tenyo line this year.

Miracle Thru Coin is the most "old fashioned Tenyo" of the tricks - a clever, mechanical and portable device. I don't think the visibility of the gimmick is a manufacturing flaw at all. The way the coin behaves is going to fool most people. It's as clean as that gimmick is going to get. The real issue with the trick is that its nothing new and exciting for Tenyo. still I think people will develop some good routines around this one.

Card Surgery is interesting to play with and looks cool but having a cut up card ready and sitting in a tray is sort of a silly thing to me. If you can get past the set up and the angles then I suppose its the most magical of all of the tricks. I love and own many Lubor F tricks so I'm mildly disappointed that this isn't a more self-contained, Tenyo-like item. It's more like some of his non-Tenyo items.

Memo Pad is pretty interesting and the gimmick is very clever. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see anyone being fooled by what is happening to the coins. They won't figure out the design of the gimmick but once they hear the sound of the second the third coin they'll have a sense for what is going on.

Clear Surprise is kind of dumb in my opinion. The trick itself falls flat and there are too many props involved for just the simple effect of making a bill appear. The trick and the props remind me of something you'd buy for $10 at the magic shop.

Thanks Mark F for you're to the point reviews on these effects. I had been shuffling through pages before finding yours.
Posting ever so slightly.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have made Home made special Bicycle card for Clear Surprise wich is examinable ( but this part it's not really important because clear bag is not), but wich can be showed both side at the end of the routine. It's very easy to do, there is many way to do with all the drawings at the back of Bicycle cards and you can find lot of way to do it so that everything is invisible even to very close or even when you touch it. I don't understand why Tenyo have left the big white part of the card visible.

It is also possible to produce 2 differents bank note one after the other, first 10euros, You exit the bill to the transparent envelope to show it both side and Then really put it back inside, and then make appear à second 100euros bank note which appears on the inside next to the first and now the first is really on the transparent bag.
But It is also possible to make change one from another one. You first procude 10euros bill, You exit the bill to the transparent envelope to show it, and Then put it back inside. After a Magical gesture, the 10euros bill becomes 100euros bill etc ...
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Quote:
On 2012-11-19 09:36, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
Quote:

Miracle Thru Coin is the most "old fashioned Tenyo" of the tricks - a clever, mechanical and portable device. I don't think the visibility of the gimmick is a manufacturing flaw at all. The way the coin behaves is going to fool most people. It's as clean as that gimmick is going to get. The real issue with the trick is that its nothing new and exciting for Tenyo. still I think people will develop some good routines around this one.

Card Surgery is interesting to play with and looks cool but having a cut up card ready and sitting in a tray is sort of a silly thing to me. If you can get past the set up and the angles then I suppose its the most magical of all of the tricks. I love and own many Lubor F tricks so I'm mildly disappointed that this isn't a more self-contained, Tenyo-like item. It's more like some of his non-Tenyo items.

Memo Pad is pretty interesting and the gimmick is very clever. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see anyone being fooled by what is happening to the coins. They won't figure out the design of the gimmick but once they hear the sound of the second the third coin they'll have a sense for what is going on.

Clear Surprise is kind of dumb in my opinion. The trick itself falls flat and there are too many props involved for just the simple effect of making a bill appear. The trick and the props remind me of something you'd buy for $10 at the magic shop.

Thanks Mark F for you're to the point reviews on these effects. I had been shuffling through pages before finding yours.

Welcome.

I've spent some more time with Card Surgery and I think its the best trick of the bunch. The fact that the set up needs to be done in advance presents a problem for someone who wants to perform it in public but that's really the only awkward thing about it.

The noise issue seems to be easy to address...I've been practicing with just putting my hands directly on the card. If you do that at the right speed there is no noise. My thinking is that if its called "card surgery" then laying hand on the card seems less suspicious than hovering your hand over the card.

It's a very cool looking trick and honestly any slight of hand work is extremely easy even for someone like me.

Anyway, while I'm still not wild about the Tenyo line this year Card Surgery has grown on me with some playing around.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Wasn't this heard on many Star Trek? "Dam it Jim, I am A doctor not a card surgeon"...ok maybe not...carry on...Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-19 20:01, Mark F wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-19 09:36, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
Quote:

Welcome.

I've spent some more time with Card Surgery and I think its the best trick of the bunch. The fact that the set up needs to be done in advance presents a problem for someone who wants to perform it in public but that's really the only awkward thing about it.

The noise issue seems to be easy to address...I've been practicing with just putting my hands directly on the card. If you do that at the right speed there is no noise. My thinking is that if its called "card surgery" then laying hand on the card seems less suspicious than hovering your hand over the card.

It's a very cool looking trick and honestly any slight of hand work is extremely easy even for someone like me.

Anyway, while I'm still not wild about the Tenyo line this year Card Surgery has grown on me with some playing around.

I agree Mark, although my curiosity with "Memo Pad" is still pretty high. I feel like "Card Surgery" is just out right the strongest trick of the 2013 line thus far. Its right up there with Crystal Clever IMO. The guys reviewed it on WPR and gave it a pretty solid rating. Thanks for the helpful insight Mark. Definitely gonna be adding this one to my collection of Tenyo's for sure. High five and chest bumps!
Posting ever so slightly.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4953 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Nice video of Memo Pad :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5k5JmgapMw

You wanna see the Trap of Miracle Coin Thru Richard ??? Look at this great video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfYmyrJ4Zxs
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Yep, that's Miracle Coin and it's invisible trap allright! Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Finally someone have a coaster where the trap is really invisible ?
Or is that the problem is on all copies.

I got a reply from Kenichi Komiya himself via the Official Tenyo website. They ask me to ship the Coaster to us in Japan to examine the props and if they find it a problem they ship me a new copy verified by Tenyo. The problem is that it will cost me almost more expensive in postage than buying a new one... I do not know what I'll do.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Have you shown Mr. Komiya the picture you took Davy? You can ask him if this is normal and if he can compare it with other versions he has. If he sais it isn't normal and the trap has to be COMPLETELY invisible I would take the chance and send it. In doubt I wouldn't send it, chances are you'll receive a copy that's the same or in best case slightly better.
Let us know, because I believe if we all have 'bad' copies a lot of people will want to have a replacement. Thanks for your effort in advance!
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Wow......I hope this is a problem that will be corrected in the next batch and all of us are going to be the happy owners of a highly collectable piece of a defective batch.....
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
My trap is invisible, and I can NOT be the only one.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2302 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Is it possible that when the coaster is brand new, the trap is completely invisible... Then, after using it 10, 20, 30 times, the continuous hard shocks of the coin against the trap create a slight misalignment, that makes the trap visible? Remember that the shocks are very hard (harder than with Merlin's coffer), and the delicate plastic hinge is certainly quite fragile... Even a "nano misalignment" can suddenly make the trap clearly visible... I don't know, just an hypothesis...
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1920 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
With all due respect Richard, if all (!) of us find the trap visible chances are you are indeed the only one (or one of the few) with a perfect gimmick because perhaps you got a pre-release copy or something ... . By the way, and I think some have already aksed, can you perhaps take a picture of your trick so we/Tenyo can compare? It would make things easier for us if we can notify Tenyo or our shops and tell them "this is how it is supposed to look and this is how mine looks so I got a defective one".

Lol @ Magic Patagonia Smile

Simon, my trap was even visible when I took it out of the package ... . I have to admit my trap isn't as noticeable as in the video Davy posted a few posts above this one ... the trap in de video is absolutely horrible.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes I show to Mr. Komiya the picture, but the only reply was "ship me your coaster and we look at to see if all it's ok ...."
Maybe they have received many and many mail about this problem so it's automatic reply and that is why he did not mention the photo.
I find it hard to believe that Richard is the only one to have a perfect copy, good for him ... it would be able to admit he was wrong ? I doubt lol I think a photo is not the solution because it's easy to find the good angle when the trap is invisible.
I have ask to Japanese friends and they all have the same problem. The guy on the video too, on the martinkamagic video too etc.. Now wait to see if the persons who buy at Penguin Magic will have trouble too.
As I already said the trap is more or less visible depending on the lighting and angle of view.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I've done it a few dozen times and the edges of my trap are still not visible. Quality control is certainly an issue in the production of any item and it's possible they have a problem that has no easy resolution.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL