The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-11-12 09:33, Robert M wrote:

* It *is* a little knacky to perform, but the main problem is noise. Seems like they could have made the gimmick a little quieter somehow.

* I tried using a PK ring and it's even louder. Then I tried using a "No Talk PK Ring". I thought this might be the answer.

* It's totally quiet, but one problem... the No Talk PK Ring isn't strong enough to pick up "everything". So, back to the drawing board.

* I'm going to try putting some felt on my Tenyo gimmick. I think that might quiet it down. But, if anyone has any ideas, can you please post them?

You might like to give THIS a try.

Enjoy! Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On 2012-11-21 17:14, stereo wrote:
Yes I show to Mr. Komiya the picture, but the only reply was "ship me your coaster and we look at to see if all it's ok ...."
Maybe they have received many and many mail about this problem so it's automatic reply and that is why he did not mention the photo.
I find it hard to believe that Richard is the only one to have a perfect copy, good for him ... it would be able to admit he was wrong ? I doubt lol I think a photo is not the solution because it's easy to find the good angle when the trap is invisible.
I have ask to Japanese friends and they all have the same problem. The guy on the video too, on the martinkamagic video too etc..

"Now wait to see if the persons who buy at Penguin Magic will have trouble too."
As I already said the trap is more or less visible depending on the lighting and angle of view.

I'm not going to fall for that TRAP. Smile

It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-11-21 23:32, Ustaad wrote:

You might like to give THIS a try.

Enjoy! Smile

Smile

That you very much Ustaad! Is this the product you are refering too: http://plastidip.nl/ ? Is there a difference in the cans/kinds of plati-dip and if so what kind do you recommend? Thank you.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-11-22 03:25, Killertweety wrote:

That you very much Ustaad! Is this the product you are refering too: http://plastidip.nl/ ? Is there a difference in the cans/kinds of plati-dip and if so what kind do you recommend? Thank you.

Killertweety,

The site you refer to shows Plasti-Dip spray cans. Since it is in the form of a spray, each application (spraying) will give a light coat of rubber covering. However, with multiple applications of Drying & Spraying one can get a thicker coat but at the cost of time and wastage of the compound.

For our purpose (for coating of heavier objects) we need a thicker coat of rubber and hence I recommend (as well as I personally use) a Dip Can with color kit. It is also available in Europe and at the site you referred to: - http://plastidip.nl/plastidip-bestellen/......olor-kit

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
P.S. Plasti-Dip spray (or a very similar rubber spray compound) was one of the main ingredients of an highly hyped effect using cards. However the effect was very well received and appreciated by the magic community. It was a nice & new innovation in card magic.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
That helps for sure! Thank you very much for the effort Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2299 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
To overcome the small issues I had with Card Surgery, I add to the gimmick: 1 tiny strong m, and 1 band aid. It works great now...
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2012-11-21 16:43, Richard Kaufman wrote:
My trap is invisible, and I can NOT be the only one.

I heard there is a second person who can't see the trap.

;–)
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
There is a trap?

Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks for that info Simon. I was thinking about that too actually but I couldn't find my litle tiny flat magnet anymore (put it on the fridge as Roberto once said is a good solution in the future Smile ). Now that I know it works I'll probably first try that solution - as a plus perhaps you can even show the palm of your hands casually without anyone noticing anything.

John, big lol Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2299 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-11-23 10:10, Killertweety wrote:
... as a plus perhaps you can even show the palm of your hands casually without anyone noticing anything.

...not much visible than a trap Smile

BTW I use a much stronger double s*** t***, and also use my middle finger instead of my palm...

Simon
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Two news great video from Japan about Tenyo Card Surgery (God Hand) :

First using a special Ring :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BA0XAXczsM

The second one is very good because performer show his hand Empty and make a great final, I don't know how he do this (Cormatches style lol) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=092lbZgWNbw
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The second video is edited to produce the effect so both sides of the hand can be seen empty.
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
264 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Quote:
On 2012-11-24 16:39, stereo wrote:
Two news great video from Japan about Tenyo Card Surgery (God Hand) :

First using a special Ring :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BA0XAXczsM

Yes! The "Amazing Talking Ring" effect!
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Quote:
On 2012-11-24 16:46, Richard Kaufman wrote:
The second video is edited to produce the effect so both sides of the hand can be seen empty.

I think a Raven could be used to show both sides of the hand as empty. However, this video looks to be edited to accomplish this.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I think there is a second person wich help in the second part to put the "gimmick" and removed when the hand is outside the field of camera + camera editing.
The first part is done with Raven gimmick (you can hear the gimmick )
I like the idea of using the back of the hand rather than the palm.
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Ordered my copy of Card Surgery off eBay last night. All the way from Japan. Only $27 + S/H not bad at all. Excited to say the least.
Posting ever so slightly.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
'Black Widow' will do the job perfectly but at a cost. It would be better if the effect was left 'As is'.

Smile
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
264 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Nice review of "Clear Surprise" on today's WPR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeHuULYVKK4&feature=g-all
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2445 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Re "Card Surgery," if you follow the instructions closely then noise is not an issue. You might experiment with the position of the gimmick in your left hand--placing it on the base of your thumb allows it to dip lower--and closer--to the cards than if you place it on the base of the first finger as shown in the instructions. I really don't like the fact that my left hand is so "dirty" at the end, but otherwise brilliant.

Re "Miracle Coin Thru," again, if you follow the instructions closely the entire expanse of the coaster is visible only for a few seconds. You begin with the glass mouth upward on the coaster with the coins inside it. You take the glass off, dump the coins out of it (onto your hand), and then turn the glass mouth down and put it back on the coaster. No one is going to be staring intently at the coaster while you dump the coins out of the glass. And the glass is over the coaster, either mouth upward or downward, for the rest of the effect.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS7hp8M2kIQ&feature=plcp

The Wizard Product Review guys gave Miracle CT a score of 6 and 15 % ... that's too harsh in my opinion. However, anyone noticed the 'hidden' trap in the video before he put the glass on it? Smile
But indeed Richard, if you do the trick as the instructions say or like the guys did in the video the visible trap isn't really an issue.
I think most of us were expecting a trick that can be inspected by spectators but we found out it just can't, not before, not after. And that was a major let down, at least for me it was.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL