The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Stereo,

You are right on point stereo. Though I do not know exactly how Clear Surprise is done, it is not hard to figure out the only few ways that it can be accomplished because it is in fact see through. I was hoping I was wrong and there was something new and exciting hiding back there but I just don't think there is, and based on IZZY, it must be what we all are thinking. That's what makes Lubor's stuff so great... you just don't have really any idea how its done. That is also why I like Angelo's effects as well like his Prison Box and Mini Metamorphisis. I like clever mechanisms. That is what Tenyo is to me. Mystery China Box (Shimomura) and Eye of the Idol. Tunnel of Darkness, Ninja experiment, Mirage, Excaliber, Wonder Window and of course Ultra Tube plus others by Sugawara. These are the types of effects that are Tenyo to me. It seems as of late we get 1 or 2 of these a year and the other 2 are "Mailed in" like Clear Surprise and Miracle Coin. Just one mans opinion.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Don't shoot the messenger!

T-252 Clear Surprise by Takayuki Kumazawa is not a new idea.

T-253 Miracle Thru Coin by ? is not a new idea.

T-254 Memo Pad by Naohisa Inaba is a World's Greatest Magic item. He is not a Tenyo creator. His T-240 Shrinking Pen should have been released as a World's Greatest Magic item imo. Tenyo creator items are not released as World's Greatest Magic. His role is much like Hiroshi Sawa (T-220 Crash Dice, etc). If I am wrong here, straighten me out.

T-255 God Hand by Lubor Fielder is new but is already being ripped off with a modified version. Lubor is use to being ripped off unfortunately.

Tenyo did not create anything new themselves this year. Sorry to say, but true. It is like a regression backwards similar to their output previous to See Through Card. Why all this is ocurring, I am not sure. Maybe the recent natural disaster is a factor. Maybe they are trying to limit costs & lower retail prices. This year's prices should be surprisingly low. As ChasVH stated (more or less), where are the clever mechanisms? Only Lubor...once again.

I am also starting to suspect that Toru Suzuki is no longer a Tenyo creator. Can anyone confirm or deny my suspicions on this?

Like I said before, don't shoot the messenger. I take no joy in writing this post. All I know, is that something is afoot. Something is not right & I long for the old Tenyo style & creativity.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
In my opinion, Tenyo does not have to invent great tricks themselves for me to be happy.

It is very difficult to invent new tricks and possibly their standards are very high and they are not happy to put out anything mediocre.

What I like about Tenyo is that if you were to buy/collect only or mostly Tenyo (like I do) then you will have a broad cross section of magic.

I have dice, coin, rope/string, silk, water, card, sponge, mini illusions, etc., etc., etc. and they are all Tenyo.

I love that I can look into my Tenyo drawers and pull out tricks for any kind of situation (other than stage).

Plus isn't just about every magic trick based on something previous.

I remember recently some members here showing a older version of Phanto Block called Phantom Block and Sandwich Platter was based on a trick using cardboard plates. Etc., etc. etc.

I am not looking to counter Inert's observation, just to give another way of looking at what Tenyo provides to their customers.

John

OK Richard we need some graphics of some Smile Faces with guns or something like that ("Don't Shoot the Messenger").
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Inert I reply to you about Naohisa Inaba and I have explain you that Naohisa Inaba IS Tenyo creator, It is part of the official Tenyo staff.
For the World greatest magic Package you can note there is not his picture or his name on the front of packaging like on the other one. I think it's because is not his creation but the creation of "Tenyo co" because it is employee of Tenyo and its creation does not belong to him personally but belongs to the company.
World greates magic is the best magic in the world, and maybe Tenyo estimated that "Magic Memo Pad" was good enough to be part of this prestigious collection ( not shrinking pen ).
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
That's good. LMFAO. Thanks
Joji Matsuo
View Profile
New user
Japan
16 Posts

Profile of Joji Matsuo
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 18:49, stereo wrote:
Inert I reply to you about Naohisa Inaba and I have explain you that Naohisa Inaba IS Tenyo creator, It is part of the official Tenyo staff.
For the World greatest magic Package you can note there is not his picture or his name on the front of packaging like on the other one. I think it's because is not his creation but the creation of "Tenyo co" because it is employee of Tenyo and its creation does not belong to him personally but belongs to the company.
World greates magic is the best magic in the world, and maybe Tenyo estimated that "Magic Memo Pad" was good enough to be part of this prestigious collection ( not shrinking pen ).

This might be a mute point, but the copy on all of the World Greatest Magic [sic] packages also says "the mysteries from the world", literally. Being a chain of small islands, Japanese often refer to anything outside of Japan as "world" (sekai), "global" (grobaru), or "international" (kokusaiteki). The point of which is to say that even those of us in Japan are wondering why the Memo Pad is in this series. Most of us thought, because of the copy and other packaging hype, that this series was intended for popular tricks performed, popularized, or developed outside of Japan. A stretch of this could be a trick that originated in Japan that originally did not catch on in Japan, but was a big hit outside of Japan.
Similar to the old adage that the best way to keep a secret (in the magic fraternity) is to publish it, it is not new for an effect to be developed in Japan only to become popular outside of Japan, thus rekindling interest among the Japanese.
From the land of the rising sun—no wires, mirrors, or assistants. Performed every morning, weather permitting.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
This is very interesting, thank you Joji Matsuo Smile
I hope that one day we will know the end of the story...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
To return to Seo Magic video SEO, I think the author had well prepared and thought about his presentation, and even if it is not perfect, it may be noted that it included several movements to fool magicians and bring us on false tracks. Which is pretty clever. On Clear Surprise its movement suggests that the banknote is hidden in his hand at the beginning and on Memo Pad he begins by disappear a coin and puts his hand on the edge of the desk and then leaving some doubt on the place where is the coin. with the 2nd part yet it proves that it is not as simple as his hand is shown empty. I find his way of doing very intelligent for a video of presentation that will be husked by all magicians viewers. Anyway, even if the idea is good, the second video is much simple and finally even more impressive. So this is a good / bad idea. Is that you understand what I mean?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Add new video with the 4 tricks performed :

http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/

( it's the first video on the page )

Some new things.
This magicien perform God hand without the round plate and with another card than the 7 of heart from Tenyo.
You can hear the sound of Memo pad coins and he can produce the song at the end by shaking the drawing.
Nice video.

ps : What mean LMFAO ?
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
LMFAO = Laughing My !@#$%^& Ass Off
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
275 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Hi Again,
About those reviews on the 2013 Tenyo line I promised you or at least KillerTweety and ChasVH, I had to travel out of town for a few days. I'll be back on Wednesday, so I'll try to post reviews then.

Sorry for the delay - Izzy
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Regarding the new video with the 4 performances:

_ The Clear Surprise killed me!!!......with this new video I really don't know how it's done......I really liked this performance.

_ If the God Hand can be performed in a black mat....why Tenyo didn't supply just a small black mat???......what's the point of the round thing with the petri shape???.....for sure there should be a reason but I don't get it...
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Wow ... that new video is excellent. No idea about how they work exactly to be honest!
Perhaps the petri dish makes the trick easier?
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I believe that Lubor Fiedler will show Tenyo 4 new prototypes of the tricks he is workking on each year to Tenyo. And then Tenyo select the one they want to market.

Anyone else ever fantasize about seeing what the unreleased Lubor Fiedler prototypes are that don't make it to market? The mind boggles!

Joe
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 02:29, magic patagonia wrote:

_ The Clear Surprise killed me!!!......with this new video I really don't know how it's done......I really liked this performance.

lol
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 05:41, Killertweety wrote:
Wow ... that new video is excellent. No idea about how they work exactly to be honest!
Perhaps the petri dish makes the trick easier?

I think it's possible because the video is very dark, but in real life not sure it's possible.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-07 09:20, stereo wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 02:29, magic patagonia wrote:

lol

I really mean it stereo....I'm really surprized by the trick

You don't like it after seeing this last performance?

I think I'm missing something........
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Well it's just what we say before ... Nothing new...
The routine is not bad but this kind of props exist for decades.
Absolutly no innovation Smile
You can make your own now for free, no need to wait the official release.
I was hoping the Tenyo's touch... but not.

I am not disappointed with the effect, but its construction.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-07 19:31, stereo wrote:
Well it's just what we say before ... Nothing new...
The routine is not bad but this kind of props exist for decades.
Absolutly no innovation Smile
You can make your own now for free, no need to wait the official release.
I was hoping the Tenyo's touch... but not.

I am not disappointed with the effect, but its construction.

OK.....now I got it!!!.....I saw the video about 10 times!!!....HD....full screen......

Yes....agree with you.....you can easily make one at home.

I think this could fall in the line of Magic Pop-Up, Cloud Money and China Surprise.......but for me it's better than these 3 examples......in fact I didn't bought any of these 3 but I will buy the Clear Surprise......mainly because I like the effect and because it's a pocket trick that can fit in your wallet (except for the clip....but maybe it can be replaced by a smaller one or you can ask the spectator to grip the extreme of the cards).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2013 First informations ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL