The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks by Various/BBM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
304 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On 2013-05-02 05:42, Roland Choo wrote:
Nobody can say you are using technology and not performing magic because you are using the smartphones as a supplement, it is still how the deck is messed up and produced the 4 predictions.

While I would agree with you that using the deck in conjunction with the app makes it less 'technological' in method, I would still argue that using an iPhone is not the cleanest way to present Shufflebored.

One prediction folded on the table in plain sight or in an envelope in a spectators hands or possession from the very beginning will beat out loading an app or photo up after the routine.

if I was to move away from the written prediction approach, what I think I might do is prepare a second deck earlier in the exact same way they will do during the routine.
I then have both decks of cards on the table at all times, putting one aside and handing the other to them.
I then talk about how impossible it is for any combination of cards to ever repeat, so once they shuffle no deck of cards will ever be in that order again.
They shuffle via the method/routine explained to them and then you reveal from your deck that was on the table the whole time that you assembled your deck with the exact same face-up cards, the exact same red cards, the exact same black cards.......and the exact same odd club card.

They can examine both at the end.

I just feel with a trick as powerful and self-working as shufflebored, why use technology to predict the outcome?
You may know there's only one photo truly on your phone but they will suspect it nonetheless.

My feelings anyway. Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
The first time a friend of mine showed me a "magic" trick using a mobile device, I said to him "There's obviously an app for that". And he said "Yes there is".

I would never do this trick using anything but a deck of cards and a written prediction.

"Shufflebored" is one of my favorite card tricks to do. Even one time when someone dropped a card and put it back in the wrong way, and I was off by one card on the first prediction (but luckily not on any after that), my spectator, not knowing that more was to come, still said to me that it was still pretty amazing that I was off by one card. After the next 4 predictions came out correct, he was speechless.

I always carry around at least two card decks with me. One is always set up for "Shufflebored".

If you want to see a nice improvement to "Shufflebored", see Woody Aragon's "A Book in English" and check out "Bored of Shuffling".

:bat:
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
I agree with ManchurianMan83 and BatsMagic - written prediction is way to go with "Shufflebored". I preffer envelopes with written predictions - just 3 of them - they need to tear the 3rd one for final prediction written inside of the envelope - after a pause that sth did not come right it is a killer ! I love it Smile

BTW - 2nd part is almost ready - mid June they will BBM will start sending it. I preordered mine - will give my thoughts when it arrives...
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks VOl 1 and Vol 2 is a Penguin Cool Box deal combo!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3573
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
$45 is actually the original price, mark up the price and give discount is not so cool.
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=51246

Still a great deal for those who do not own vol.1
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Vol1 and Vol 2 are each $30. Both are $60. The Cool Box deal is $45 for both.

Is that math not correct?
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Zombie, did you follow ahzhe's link?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 10:04, duanebarry wrote:
Zombie, did you follow ahzhe's link?

Did you? It goes to Murphy's and they don't sell retail. I went to all the other sites and they didn't have the deal Penguin has.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1413 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Convergence by Cameron Francis is so great and easy to do.

So glad I discoverd this one.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I bought the first volume and I truly enjoy it. It was a real good lesson which gives me many effects.

However, I haven't bought the second volume. I've read in some places that the second volume doesn't have enough kick as the first one.

So I'm deciding whether I should get this or invest on other DVD?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
This looks very good but my question is can most of these effects be done from a shuffled deck in use or do they require substantial set ups.
Steve
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
What or which, may I ask would be the stand out effect(s) on Vol. 1?
Posting ever so slightly.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-07-15 11:54, Silver Glove Magic wrote:

It's so hard to say. It's loaded with gems.

For me, it's Pre-Prefiguration. It's the perfect work:outcome ratio.
However, Shuffling Lessons gets an amazing spectator response.
Contact Colors is great, but not impromptu.
Henry Sugar is a really unique effect that taught me a new principle.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-07-15 11:54, Silver Glove Magic wrote:

I think my favorite it 456. That FRIED me. And when you come up with a good presentation and explanation for WHY you're doing what you're doing, it kills. I had never seen that before.
Christian Rey
View Profile
Regular user
Magician'y toast...to my
135 Posts

Profile of Christian Rey
Awesome input folks. I would have to agree with all the above Silver Glove.
My first name rhymes with Magician
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
Volume 2 is in stock for UK customers at http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/collections......edia-dvd

Magik1
bobrus
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of bobrus
Trying to remember how to do a prediction trick, where you turn some cards upside down, get a spoectator to shuffle some etc then produce a piece of paper which stated `there will be 20 face down cards, there will be 9 reds, all the black cards will be odd......except the 4 of clubs. Used to doi it years ago but the memoryhas gone! Any help?
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
483 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
It is in vol 1. Shuffle bored.

Ryan
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
If you don't own it, then... you don't own it Smile One of the best DVDs I have bought.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2202 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
WOW! Just got the Essential Card Magic Toolbox from Big Blind Media - such great material on here and totally worth purchasing the box set

Creator: Liam Montier
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Beginner
DVD length: 1 hour and 32 minutes

Type of effect: Card Magic DVD

Manufacturer's Write Up: Bigblindmedia have sourced eleven of the greatest card tricks ever invented. Magical effects that will simply SLAY audiences. And each of these tricks just so HAPPENS to be self working. That's the key. These tricks are easy enough for a beginner, but STRONG ENOUGH FOR A WORKING PRO!!! And, even better, a lot of this material is very little known.

There are tricks you can do when a friend hands you half a dog-eared deck... and there are tricks that you can perform for a large group that will knock people's socks through their eyeballs.

You often hear magicians say that one of the tricks on their newly purchased DVD was worth the price of the project on it's own. Well, we firmly believe that these eleven tricks ALL fall into that category.

Presented by James Went (host of CBBC's 'Help, My Supply Teacher Is Magic'), Liam Montier, Iain Moran and Owen Packard, the DVD contains tips & thoughts on how to present these routines, as well as a bonus section of some great false cuts if you want to take your magic to the next level. (You don't have to use these. These routines are all 100% sleight free!). Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks - your magic will never be the same again!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception here. This is exactly what you get

What's in the box? DVD only

Key points: Eleven of the GREATEST self working card tricks ever invented:

1. Contact Colors (Aldo Colombini)
2. Impossible (Mike Austin)
3. Shuffling Lesson (Chad Long)
4. Henry Sugar (Liam Montier)
5. Pre-Prefiguration (Larry Jennings / Mark Elsdon)
6. Your Aces Are Marked (Terry Lagerould)
7. Shufflebored (Simon Aronson)
8. The 7/16 Club (Alex Elmsley)
9. Impossible (Larry Jennings)
10. "4,5,6" (Al Thatcher)
11. Unbelievable (By Shields, F. Michael And Bascom Jones, Jr)

How are the production values: Big Blind Media makes great instructional DVDs, clear menus, HD cameras, good sound and lighting and attractive assistants.

Is it well taught: Liam Montier is very well known throughout the magic industry as being one of the most refreshingly original creators of workable and practical magic. Liam Montier, is truly a fantastic card control resource for all magicians regardless of skill level. I cannot recommend this enough!

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): Not only are all of these tricks great, but Liam gives you so much more bang for your buck. Liam also teaches you two false cuts, two shuffles and a crimp. Plus, in between the teaching, he also offers you his advice on practice, getting out of a jam, and so much more.

My advice, if this is a DVD you might want to pick up, save your pennies and get the Essential Card Magic Tool Box

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc6Oak87Hc
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks by Various/BBM (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL