The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks by Various/BBM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Thanks Owen, will do
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
264 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 10:51, ozman wrote:
Folks,

we have a FREE bonus download for anyone who has purchased the ULTIMATE SELF WORKING CARD TRICKS DVD. the mutant brain that is Liam Montier, has come up with a killer idea for a way to use Aldo Colombini's Contact Colors to link immediately into another killer routine. it allows you to perform two of the strongest pieces of magic ever created in ONE routine. it's a GREAT idea.

and you can download the video instructions for free. to get the download link please email me at info@bigblindmedia.com and make the subject line of the email the THIRD word on the small print at the bottom of the DVD disc itself. (so open the DVD case, look at the tiny words at the bottom of the disc and quote the 3rd word you see).
AWESOMENESS!

Really nice little download. Ever so much thanks for adding even more value to the best DVD for the money out there! Steve
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
That's great news Smile. E-mail sent!

I didn't have the time yet to view all the tricks but the ones I did see (first 5 or so) were absolutely great. They are indeed self working, no sleights necessary, not even (a lot of) memory work involved. You are also taught some very easy to do 'moves' (I don't even call them 'sleights') that make a great routine even better. For example there's one false cut I'm using all the time now ... so simple yet so deceptive.

Most tricks (well from the ones I saw) have the spectators involved and that's always good for me.

The teaching is top notch. Very clear and easy to follow. Great quality too, filmed professionaly.

All I hoped this DVD would be has become reality. Absolutely a MUST HAVE for every hobbyist like me, but I believe most professionals will also use one or more tricks on the DVD. You will fool both laymen and magicians.
Probably my best magic DVD-purchase ever. You WILL use some of the routines, trust me.

One more thing. There are a lot of youtube video's that teach card tricks (let's face it, they sometimes even are very good) - and I'm not going to be a hypocrite so yes ... I've watched a few of them. The good news however is that as far as I know (I haven't really searched to be honest) the routines and tricks on this DVD have been kept a real secret up untill this release. So yes ... the DVD is definately worth it's money! You will have tricks in your hands that almost no one knows, and that's a huge benefit especially if you're a professional magician!

[EDIT]Ok, just got my link sent by e-mail (very fast, thank you!). All I can say is it gave me a BIG smile on my face when I heard the words &"é#@ Smile when I watched it! It gave me that well known feeling of "now why didn't I think of that!?" Smile
And yes, the follow op trick is also VERY easy to do! Another spectator can do the 'follow up' so there are even more people involved.
I'd like to go in detail but I'm not going to say anything else because that would be considered revealing. You'll LOVE it. I now have one routine that will last a relatively very long time with a good presentation - maybe I should put some serious effort in magic and become semi-professional afterall Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 11:27, BatsMagic wrote:
Rachel and Amy were fantastic spectators!

But, seriously, I've watched some of this and at least a few things will go into my performance repertoire.

Don't know where I got Rachel from- I realize now that it's Stacey that I'm in love with! I'm going to blame it on the British accents!
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
This just got top marks and worker of the week on WPR !..
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
And I don't know where the heck I misplaced the DVD!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This got worker of the week on WPR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfMa0gETpU
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I loved this DVD!
Excellent!
One of the effects I cannot stop doing...LOVE it!
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Finally picked this up last night and started viewing. Looks excellent. Very happy so far.
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Color Contact by Aldo Colombi is an awesome self-working card trick, collected inside this Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks DVD.

No difficult set up is needed. The key reason it is awesome because it doesn't only produced one effect but three at one go. And, these three really caught your spectator off guard. Just when your spectators thought that you are done with your magic you surprised them another effect then another. After the first effect, you found your spectator's selected card. I like the part that you seem to force your spectator's card yet you let him really feel that he is selecting it freely. After the first effect, you have your second effect. You produced 4 aces. When your spectators thought it is really over, you showed them yet another unexpected effect. All the red colored cards are found under the red aces and the black colored cards are found under the black aces! I encouraged you to watch the trailer to appreciate the devil.

Aldo has a good story and motivation behind this card trick. The story is about his lucky card and he tells his spectators why it is a lucky card for him from these 3 effects. Very good story.

Why self-working trick? Isn't self-working trick for beginners or hobbyists? I agreed that some self-working tricks are not good but there are some that are beautiful and powerful. Color Contact is one of these beautiful and powerful magic!

I believe having these powerful self-working magic in your repertoire is a gem. Not everyday is a Sunday and not every time you are in your performance best. Thus, having them with you is like having a good insurance coverage. When you begin with self-working tricks, you are building up your confidence and control over the rest of your whole show as well.

Immediately after watching the tutorial, I am ready to include Color Contact in my own performance repertoire within 1 to 2 minutes. But, no worry, I don't think your spectators can easily see through how Color Cotact is done.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4292 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
One of those DVDs I will keep for when I have children! I know that sounds weird.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1423 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
That's not strange at al Blindside. My son is using that DVD as his introduction to card magic too.

Merchant of Magic is running a free trial of the Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks DVD so you can try out some of the content for free and get extra stuff.

Here's the info: http://info.magicshop.co.uk/self-working-card-tricks

Best wishes as always
Dominic
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2009 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just got this today, it's just fantastic!
This DVD proves that a trick does NOT have to be difficult to be amazing
One of the best Magic DVDs I have purchased in a looooonnng time!
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
I to just went through it. Just watched the effects a few time to see which I like, and WOW there are some good effects, started to look at the how to and just had to smile. Now thinking how to build one or two into a routine. I can see a cooler in my future.

Tony
patrickmg
View Profile
New user
South Florida
57 Posts

Profile of patrickmg
Just start playing with some of them. Great stuff. For once my money was well spent. Good job.
Foxlute
View Profile
Regular user
UK
148 Posts

Profile of Foxlute
I only bought this recently and finally foudn time to watch it this morning. What a great DVD. Thought this thread was worth bumping.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Not only here on the Café, but elewhere, too, I hear nothing but positive about this product. I'm the kind who when I think "self working" I think boring. (Usually) but I'm wrong and I really am going to put this on my A list.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
psychod
View Profile
Regular user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
182 Posts

Profile of psychod
I bought this a couple of months ago and am very pleased. The production quality is excellent and the effects are amazing. I must admit, I am getting a little tired of the spinning titles (those who have the DVD will understand) but that's a pretty minor point. I do like how the DVD emphasizes that although the effects may be working, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be practiced. As I've watched the DVD, I keep thinking about how cool it would be to have some special decks made up but then I look at the cost and my wife keeps mumbling something about a mortgage. Personally, I think her priorities are skewed but that's must my opinion.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
I like Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks very much, especially Shufflebored.

With either a smartphone or tablet like iphone or ipad, you can do this trick alone. To add some more " wow ", you may like to get Ask Alexander deck.

I begin the presentation by saying that almost everybody used smartphones and tablets nowadays. This is because they are so useful. You can use them to play games, watch movies and find out where sells the best laksa in Singapore. Some even use them to tell fortunes. And, I have downloaded an app for a prediction.

About how to do the trick, please refer to the DVD.

Shufflebored can be done alone because it is 1 trick with 4 awesome predictions. I have created 5 pictures that shows these predictions. PM me if you would like the pictures and I will email you free.Check out the pictures that show the 5 predictions. Time to make some contribution for Magic Café members who have been always great help for me.

After you have 2 spectators messed up your deck, you can disclose the predictions with the pictures one by one. There are total 4 predictions:-
1st prediction - there are 21 cards facedown from the deck,
2nd prediction - 9 cards are red out of the 21 cards,
3rd prediction - all black are black,
4th prediction - except the 2 of clubs.

I have created a Chinese version as well.

This can be used for close up or on stage. You may use iPad or iPhone.

Nobody can say you are using technology and not performing magic because you are using the smartphones as a supplement, it is still how the deck is messed up and produced the 4 predictions. And, your spectators know it very clearly from this presentation.

Let me know if you like this presentation.
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Sorry some typo on earlier post.

I like Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks very much, especially Shufflebored.

You can do this trick alone.

I start by saying that almost everybody used smartphones and tablets nowadays. This is because they are so useful. You can use them to play games, watch movies and find out where sells the best laksa in Singapore. Some even use them to tell fortunes. And, I have downloaded an app for a prediction.

About how to do the trick, please refer to the DVD.

Shufflebored can be done alone because it is 1 trick with 4 awesome predictions. There are:-
1st prediction - there are 21 face down cards from the deck,
2nd prediction - 9 out the 21 cards are red,
3rd prediction - all black are spade, except
4th prediction - the 2 of clubs.

I have created the pictures. If you would like to have them, feel free to PM me and I will email them to you free. Time to payback the many great helps I received from MC.

I have created a Chinese version as well.

This can be used for close up or on stage. You may use iPad or iPhone.

Nobody can say you are using technology and not performing magic because you are using the smartphones as a supplement, it is still how the deck is messed up and produced the 4 predictions.

Let me know if you like this presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks by Various/BBM (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL