The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Marked cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roger Boucher
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Roger Boucher
I have been on looking at the different ideas for marked cards in the forum. And none of them talk about how far away you can read them, I am looking for a system where the top half of the card can only be seen, and the markings need to be able to be read from at least 6 feet away.

Thanks for your help guys
Roger
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2369 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Two excellent legible-from-a-distance systems are both by Bob Farmer, and described in Kirk Charles' Marked for Life book.

The Farmarx system is more easily applied, and quite legible at six feet if your vision is 20-20.

The Blob-O-Vision system is more work to apply (and to use), but can be seen over significantly more than six feet of distance.

I have a system of my own, one that evolved from Farmarx, but it won't be available until my next book! Smile
"Calculated Thoughts" is available at Vanishing Inc. and The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Roger Boucher
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Roger Boucher
Thanks I do not have that book right now but, am open to purchasing it. Are there any other ideas?
Roger
mindexplorer
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of mindexplorer
If you know a stack, you can use the stack numbers instead of the card names. You can look at other threads in this forum for information about marking based on a stack. I find that it allows me to further separate the marks, which also makes them easier to read. I can read mine from about 10 feet under medium light with the cards at chest level, where a spectator might be holding a pack.
Tamariz
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Tamariz
Simon Aronson also has some very interesting ideas using a stack, estimation and a one way patterned back cards.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4106 Posts

Profile of JanForster
It is based on Leo Boudreau and his Gray-Code. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Marked cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL