The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Patter ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

goonerjack
View Profile
New user
England
37 Posts

Profile of goonerjack
Hi all,

I was recently reading through a post on another board and thought that it would make for a good opener to a short routine. The effect is that 4 blank cards are shown and a love story is told. A queen appears, dissappears and finally the back changes colour.

The suggested patter ends with 'but underneath I knew she’d changed...'. I think that this is a great line and it offers many possibilities of where to go next. Ideally, I would like to build up a short routine - 3 or 4 effects and continue this theme throughout these effects.

Preferably, I would like a sponge ball or rope effect in the middle, with some suitable patter. Just a quick example - taking a piece of rope and linking it to form one circle, with the patter 'the days just dragged on and on', whilst pulling the rope round.

A nice finisher would be Color Fusion - a quick idea that I came up was change the colour of the card representing me to the colour of the queen, saying something like - over time, although it seems impossible, I had changed as well, but I can't find a suitable patter line to link the whole thing.

Hopefully you can see what I'm getting at; I just cannot seem to link these ideas together!

If anyone has any ideas about effects or patter that could be used and can help me out, I would be very grateful if you could post them!

Many thanks, Jack.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Patter ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL