The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic Castle Brunch Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rhiro
View Profile
Regular user
Southern California
182 Posts

Profile of rhiro
Years ago I hit the Castle twice in the same week, once in the evening with a 21+ group, and again for brunch with the younger ones. I noticed that the talent lineup for brunch was a subset of what I saw earlier that week during the regular evening shows. Is there any way of knowing exactly who the performers will be during the brunch shows? Is it announced or listed anywhere? I'm thinking about taking a couple of my nieces to the Magic Castle brunch sometime this summer, and am trying to pick a day based on the talent lineup. (I know it's all good, and they'll enjoy any day, but as long as I'm paying, I might as well pick a lineup I particularly want to see!)

Thanks,

Ross
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
brianm
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of brianm
Hi,

The parlour show during the brunch is listed at the Magic Castle website; that show is specifically designed for kids, and is generally a children's magician, or someone doing routines that are more geared towards a younger audience.

The Palace show is usually 2 of the 3 performers for the week, but they usually don't know which 2 of the 3 until that day. Sometimes you can call or email the performers to ask if they are planning to perform at the brunch shows.

The Close-Up show showcases the talents of one of the junior magicians from the Magic Castle Junior program, and is not usually listed prior to the day.

Hope this helps.

-Brian Markenson
rhiro
View Profile
Regular user
Southern California
182 Posts

Profile of rhiro
Thank you for your responses.

I was aware of the special Parlour brunch show from the Magic Castle website, but did not know how they handle the Palace and Close-Up show lineups. Good to know! I probably won't be able to make a last minute decision based on who is performing, but it's nice to know that a junior magician typically performs in the Close-Up Gallery. I think my nieces would especially appreciate a young performer. (The performer's schedule for the week of July 30 is looking appealing for this reason, too.)

Thanks again for the info!

Regards,

Ross
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic Castle Brunch Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL