The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » DVD/Video tape scene » » Reed McClintock's Coin Ovations DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Reed McClintock has quickly earned the reputation of performing some of the most technically demanding, yet audience pleasing coin magic you'll ever get to experience. Awsome technical ability, fluid movement and a gift for misdirection all equal what I would call state of the art coin magic. Smile
With that in mind, I rather enjoyed watching Reed do his stuff on this, his first official dvd release. The following are a few thoughts on the disc in question.

Reed McClintock's Coin Ovations DVD
-----------------oOo-----------------

Disc Description: In his eagerly awaited first coin release, Reed McClintock shares some of his famous effects! Discover Reed’s rare brand of coin magic-smooth, graceful and in-your-face!
Each routine on this DVD is jam-packed with one surprise after another. So much so, that audiences forget about catching you; they just sit back and enjoy the roller coaster ride.

Since all the magic on this DVD is performed standing, it’s suitable for performance in strolling venues, trade shows, restaurants, banquets, and hospitality suites

---------------------------------------

Reed's first dvd offering consists of not just some magic tricks, but complete solid routines, that once mastered, will have your audience standing in total disbelief. Lucky for us, Reed tips the work and we need only practice the material for our own miracle making presentations.

Routines include:

• 13 Coin Matrix
  • Reed's Elbow, Knee and Neck
  • Scream-Fly
  • International 3-Fly

The 13 Coin Matrix starts off like a typical Matrix routine but then quickly explodes into the truly impossible, leaving your close-up mat covered with coins, and the seemingly unexplainable appearance of a giant coin as the grand finale.

I must point out that this will take real dedication and practice BUT, those willing to put in the time will be greatly rewarded. Smile

Using his Elbow, Knee and Neck, Reed quickly demonstrates just how simple (yet amazing) a basic coin routine can really be. This is not that difficult and is a lot of fun to perform. Very cool.

Scream-Fly is yet another variation of the 3-Fly fad that has swept the magic world off its feet. Practice this and you'll be the envy of everyone at that next club meeting. Again, as mentioned earlier, this is not just an effect but rather an entire routine. It does use a gaffed coin, but one you probably already own. Smile

The very last routine is called International 3-Fly and is ( in my humble opinion) easily the very best routine on the disc. Reed has taken the standard ( is there a standard? ) Three Fly concept a step further by using three different kinds of coins (Half-Dollar, English Penny & Chinese) which I feel makes the transfers even more deceptive.

While this routine does require a set of gaffed coins, the good news is the coins are available through most dealers and learning this routine is well within the reach of anyone who will actually apply themselves. Smile

While the video portion of the disc is good, the audio does suffer some. However, I must point out this will not hinder the learning process at all. I'll end this by saying for a first effort Mr. McClintock has done a pretty good job and I salute him for taking the time to share this material with us. If you really enjoy COIN MAGIC do yourself a favor and check this title out! Recommended. Smile

-----------------------------------

My rating:

Available from your favorite dealer or you may purchase directly from:

Reed McClintock
20782 SW SKIVER ST.
BEAVERTON, OR. 97007

(503) 997-2273

You may email Reed at: reed@reedmcclintock.com

Or visit his website at:

Click here!

Suggested retail is $30.00

Dealers - contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-800-853-7403
Or visit Murphy's website:

Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » DVD/Video tape scene » » Reed McClintock's Coin Ovations DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL