The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rapture Edward Boswell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-06-25 14:39, boswellmagic wrote:
@zombie Magic,
Thank You for the very thorough review. It was good except for the wrong name.... Its fine though. Im horrible with names.

That darn Eric Jones is so talented, his name stuck in my head. We'll blame him;-)

Edward, I really like what you've done with this. O e of the best things I've bought and will perform.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Eddie showed this to me a little while back and instantly I fell in love with it! The gimmick is so simple and devious it literally hurt to know how he was doing it. Live looks even better then in the video. This is one of those ones that in the mirror, you'll be as impressed then when you show it to your audience. A great great effect! I can't praise it enough!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
boswellmagic
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of boswellmagic
Quote:
On 2012-06-25 18:25, JamieD wrote:
Eddie showed this to me a little while back and instantly I fell in love with it! The gimmick is so simple and devious it literally hurt to know how he was doing it. Live looks even better then in the video. This is one of those ones that in the mirror, you'll be as impressed then when you show it to your audience. A great great effect! I can't praise it enough!

Jamie Daws

Thanks Jamie Smile
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Such a great effect. It's so much fun to play around with. It will definitely take some practice but it's worth it. I particularly enjoyed Uprising. Which will take even more practice.
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Quote:
On 2012-06-24 16:30, Zombie Magic wrote:
I watched this demo about 15 times. I wanted to order, but it seemed to good to be true for a $19 dvd. Plus, I never heard of Edward Boswell ( no disrespect meant to him ).

GeneTony's honest feelings had me swaying. Then one of my favorite magicians, Cody Fisher of Texas, commented after seeing it done live. I was close to ordering, but still felt uneasy. It's not the money, it's slipping on the oil slick ( or banana peel;-) I hate when that happens.

Took a deep breath and ordered.

I'm not a professional ( I only do about a dozen paid shows a year ) but I think I have a good sense of what is just ok and what is a fantastic piece of magic.

Rapture by Edward Boswell is a fantastic piece of magic! One of the best purchases I've ever made. If they included the gimmick and charged $39, I'd have been just as excited.

Eric, who has a very charming teaching personality, starts off with the history of the effect ( with credits ).

Then he shows the gimmick.Those with good knowledge in card magic history will recognize what's in play.

Next is the construction, which is very easy. If they had included it, it would have been at least extra $10 for the dvd. I was happy to make it myself.

The next segment is the entire construction process shown again, but without Eric talking. I liked that addition to the dvd.

Studio Solo Performance #1:

Eric shows the basic effect of the card box appearing and then vanishing. No edits or cuts and it STILL looks like real magic. I couldn't understand how he got the gimmick to do it.

Eric explains it and says it's his favorite method. WOW! It has an elegance about it.

Studio Solo Performance #2:
Eric changes the card box to a deck of cards. I prefer the first performance/method. This is not poor, but it's a bit more trouble to get into ( for me ).

Studio Solo Performance #3:
Eric does a transpo. He takes a deck out of the box. Spec gets a free choice and signs it. As he signs, Eric puts the deck in his pocket and takes out the card box. He places the signed card on the box and.....turns it into the deck of cards. lol. He removes the card box from his pocket and inside is the signed card.

This looks incredible! It's actually a transposition ( box to cards ) and a teleportation ( signed card into the box ). This MY favorite and the one I'll do!

BONUS effect: Uprising ( Eric's ambitious Card ).

This is actually why I bought this. I always wanted to do, but can't, Mr. Kosby's "Raise Rise". Eric's version could be called "Poor Man's Raise Rise". It will take practice to make the illusion look convincing. The jury is still out for me as I'll have to work on it to see if it's for me. If I could get it to look good, then I'll be excited about it. The BIG plus is that the gimmick is already in place if you choose to do it.

Eric, GREAT job. Your Dad is proud of you!

Zombie you made that review an outstanding read for me. Thank you, "Performance #3" sounds to good to be true. I have to get this just to have that routine in my collection. Amongst the other effects for $20 bucks this is a STEAL. Hi-Five's and chest bumps.
Posting ever so slightly.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks Silver Glove Magic. I'm not one of the Café's great reviewers ( some guys and gals really know how to do it right ). But this concept EDWARD came up with is incredible. It's like trick photography in your hands.
boswellmagic
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of boswellmagic
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 01:02, Silver Glove Magic wrote:

Zombie you made that review an outstanding read for me. Thank you, "Performance #3" sounds to good to be true. I have to get this just to have that routine in my collection. Amongst the other effects for $20 bucks this is a STEAL. Hi-Five's and chest bumps.

I think Zombie did a great job, Im a little biased though, lol. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it Silver Glove, If you need any help just message me. Smile
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I am very skeptical these days when making purchases. There are just too many effects that seem great on the trailer and then turn out to be unworkable for real live spectators. I remember seeing Eddie at the Magic Session and decided to take a chance. This effect looks as good in person as it does on the video. Actually, it is even better in person than on the camera. The angles are definitely workable for walk around and the gimmick is easily handled so I can roll into my next routine. This is a real worker and a true winner. Congratulations and thank you!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Penguin now carries this as a dvd. Still only $19.95 for this KILLER trick!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2717
jker1104
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of jker1104
Very practical.the clean up which I concern the most is very easy. its kinda hard to see such a visual yet pratical magic nowadays.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 11:07, Zombie Magic wrote:
Penguin now carries this as a dvd. Still only $19.95 for this KILLER trick!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2717

Thanks- just ordered from them. Can't wait for this to arrive. Hearing great reviews for this!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I was a little skeptical of this but had some free time yesterday so I downloaded it and watched it. Very impressed! It doesn't take long to make the gimmick. It will require some practice but, man does this thing look good!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I have stiff, field worker hands and I can do this. So it's not a move monkey trick. Just a little practice to get it smooth.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I just bought the download. I watched it and boy it looks great. I'm going to make up the gimmick tonight. Very very cool. I'll let you know my thoughts.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- just made up my gimmick. Didn't take long to make gimmick- maybe 10-15 minutes. Very easy to make and very good instructions from Mr. Boswell. There is a little knack to get this down. But I have been working with it for about 20-30 minutes and already things are going smoother. I think that for the price- this is well worth it. But, it will definitely take a little practice to look smooth. Though, when it looks smooth- it looks great. I think this will look just as good live as it does on video. Very nicely done Mr. Boswell and thanks for the release!

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, this just passed the wife test. A great sign. I am really liking this Mr. Boswell. The more I do this the more incredible it looks. This looks fantastic live!
Folks, for the price you can't beat it.

RNK
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
I have fairly small hands, would this be a problem? Palming a card for example is quite difficult for me. I can do it with misdirection but not other than that my hands do not look natural at all.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-07-11 08:52, madcats9 wrote:
I have fairly small hands, would this be a problem? Palming a card for example is quite difficult for me. I can do it with misdirection but not other than that my hands do not look natural at all.

Pm'd you
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Quote:
On 2012-07-11 09:27, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-11 08:52, madcats9 wrote:

Pm'd you

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try then! Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Here is a great 1-2 punch. If you have Steve Bedwell's Re-Boxed- this goes very well with Rapture. Check it out- (just outlining the trick sequence-no patter)

You take out a deck of cards and show how they penetrate the box. You take out the cards again and then show how the cards magically become boxed up again! I have been doing this and it is simply frying the specs. This is visual magic at it's best!

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rapture Edward Boswell (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL