The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Looking for a specific Thumb Tip size (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I'm looking for a large "soft vinyl" thumb tip. I'm currently using the following TT:

It's 2" long with an inside diameter of approximately 7/8". The vinyl is very soft and flexiable. I'm hoping to find one a bit longer. Say perhaps 1/4" to 3/8 or even 1/2" longer. I prefer it be of the soft vinyl variety. If anyone has any suggestions, please post or pm me.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to look and perhaps respond.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Anyone?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Unfortunately no one publishes the dimensions of their thumb tips. Last year I ordered five different tips online and only one fit halfway decently. Surprisingly (to me) most are too small - and I definitely do not have big thumbs! I mostly use a standard "hard" Vernet tip for bill switches and the like, and a "Thumbs-Up" soft latex tip for other stuff. Two other Vernet tips I bought are so small I can barely get them on my thumb.

Best I have read about here and elsewhere is the "Fredi-Up" tip. Their site was in French (I think!) and there was an English version but the site was being redesigned for a long time. Haven't looked recently, but IIRC they had instructions on how to measure your thumb and would sell tips made to fit you. Worth Googling them and seeing if their site it up yet.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Looking for a specific Thumb Tip size (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL