The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Day 2 On The Pitch - New Lessons Learned - New Problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
LOL, I meant thug!
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
847 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
By way of an explanation - I was unaware that "spanged" was a valid word. I thought it was a spelling error of magnificent proportions... (Ref: Octopus Sun, above)

Now.. "panhandling" - I understand that ok, but spanged was a new one on me.

All cleared up?

:)

DCB

BTW Mario - our two posts above "crossed"..while I was responding to Octopus, your worthy comments were posted.. therefore, I was unaware of your post... get it? ! Smile
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Got it!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1883 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I don't spangle but I'm still spangdangling.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
About asking for tips: You folks have been a great crowd...so great in fact that I don't even need to talk about money.you all know what to do (say that as you tip your hat over)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I still like mine, and as you are nowhere near where I am, you are free to consider it (I changed "Providence" for "Atlanta" for obvious reasons);

(Tied up in a Shang-hi Shackle)
"My agree with the city of (Atlanta) is that I am allowed to perform for tips so long as I don't 'directly solicit funds.' I will therefore NEVER 'directly solicit funds.' I will never tell you you have to give me money. That would be rude. I will never beg you to please give me money. That would be pathetic. I merely point out, in the city of (Atlanta,) tipping is not something done with cows!"

Then I escape.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
923 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Another thing I noticed is the brick story comes from Cellini if I am not mistaken. I actually saw that exact thing referenced on Jimmys blog. Another thing, I don't want anyone's spare change. If my show is so bad that my audience wants to give me change then I am done busking, forever. I sure as hell didn't spend many years of my life learning magic, and then mad amounts of time turning that magic into a show for entertainment for SPARE CHANGE. I don't live on the streets and I don't think that very many street performers do live on the streets. I mean how many people would want to take pictures of their kids with a dirty, smelly, street person? That isn't being rude or mean, but if you live on the street, odds are you don't have ready access to water and soap for bathing or washing your clothes, so it is likely. I don't really understand the purpose of the blonde guys post, was it in jest, were you serious? In fact I think until I know I will just pretend that post never happened.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Day 2 On The Pitch - New Lessons Learned - New Problems (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL