The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So you think your day sucked? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thank you all for you support and help. I am still a few hundred short but I will sell the washer and dryer if need be. Jana did get approval to be in the vet cemetary so we have a place for her. Thatnk you again.

I think I mentioned some local natives did a Navajo and Piute ceremony for Jana. I thought it was very nice of them cuz the indians around here are cool. My wifes sister tells he brother about it so I get multiple calls about the indians. Keep in mind I am having a burial no service because they charge for everything. Now my sister in law and nephew want to fly in and read a poem. Note the workers will tolerate me but not them. So today I find out my brother in law is angry that I let devil worshipprs (aka the Navajo) do their thing so he inist on bringing a lady priest to the burial to counter the evil red devils ceremony. I am having a rough time and now have to deal with a poem and priest,

Anyone want to come and watch let me know and when they tell me the schedule I will let you know.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3652 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Steve,

Tell your brother-in Law-that (or who ever else) it was all you could do to swing the burial and that you would be very happy to have a Priest come and do a service (graveside if it is not too late to arrange, elsewhere if it is too late to arrange) if he would be willing to pay for it. People are ultra-sensitive about Death Rituals and they have lost their Sister unexpectedly.

I'm guessing your Wife would have no objection to either service as far as you know, right?

Make it clear that you have no income at this time and you could use their help in the funeral cost as well.

Be as polite and sensitive as you can muster. Everyone is hurting and they probably think this is for their Sister's good (just as you were comforted by the Navajo's Ritual).

Their Devil Worshipers comments are a little intolerant but show as much forbearance as you can. This part will be over soon and you want good relations with your Wife's Family even if you don't have a lot of contact with them later. You know that is what your Wife would like.

Hang in there, you are doing what needs to be done.

I am glad The Café members have been able to help.

See if you can make payments or get some help from her family. They may wish to help with the expense as a way of feeling they are doing what they can for their Sister.

You will need a washer and dryer to get a new job.

-Mary Mowder
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have a volunteer Rabbi now!

I was very botherer about the comment concerning the natives (the term they use about as often as indian) were really nice about their ceremony and asked if I minded. Very nice folks. I just want my wife at rest and not in that funeral home. By the way vets, you can reserve your spot and not have to go through the docs which is just another hassle you don't need. Another thing don't let them talk you into an expensive coffin. The one I got is attractive, cardboard, and ts the same one my mother had and it was the least expensive for burial.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Couch guy was your wife's old friend, or was he actually a relation of hers?

Santa, I believe you still have several dogs and weren't some of them sort of your wife's babies? How are they coping?

Take care.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3652 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
It is very nice of the Rabbi to volunteer but will a Rabbi meet the needs of your Wife's family or will it just offend them again?

As long as you don't think your Wife would have objected and you can live with it, do what you can to meet their comfort level.

I agree the Navajo did a good thing for You and your Wife.

-Mary
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Let me know when my envelope arrives. Right now, it is all I can do. I still want you to come here for a little R & R. You already know of the place so it won't be unfamiliar to you.

Looking forward to seeing you soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. You don't need any added stress right now. Hopefully, all will come to a resolution and the family will come together.

Glenn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So you think your day sucked? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL