The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Good catch Zombie Magic,
Nothing better than showing your face as much as you can Smile
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Titanas, it's just something I've heard so many professionals point out. I forget who said it, but it was something like "why are you showing them magic at your crotch? Bring it up to showcase your face".
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hahaha,
This is something David Regal was saying that I was showing off when he reviewed my Fade DVD lol
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-07-18 15:15, Titanas wrote:
Hahaha,
This is something David Regal was saying that I was showing off when he reviewed my Fade DVD lol

Lol. Well, to be fair, you'd have had to be a yoga master to accomplish Fade at face level. Not all magic can meet the "bring it up" philosophy. It's just something to keep in mind.

Thanks for releasing something like SLIDE that can allow the performer the option!
D Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Virginia
369 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
My crotch is my best feature. I've got a face made for radio.
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Quote:
My crotch is my best feature.

Thanks D...I just shot the water I was drinking out my nose and all over my keyboard!!! That was a good one!
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Penguin says SLIDE is expected to ship on July 25th, 2012.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2715

I keep watching the trailer and how Titanas makes this looks so magical. Having the mismade card 'slide' and then handed out for them to keep would be freaky for them. People have never seen a card torn and restored. The more traditional ways always can be explained that it was switched ( it is ). But this, with a mismade card looks unreal.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This is the big week!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Penguin shipped them today!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Looks awesome, Compliments !

BTW: Was a Pleasure to meet Titanas at the Blackpool Convention. A very nice Guy
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2012-07-25 19:42, Zombie Magic wrote:
Penguin shipped them today!

Great!!! Reviews will probably start appearing soon Smile
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Yep, Penguin is great......
Received mine today, haven't even opened it yet!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Mine arrived ( Penguin delivers fast AGAIN!)

Just started watching. Fingers crossed!
Nacra
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Nacra
Anybody got it and tried it out yet
JohnHeroHD
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
30 Posts

Profile of JohnHeroHD
Has anyone of you opened the package yet? I can not wait for a review as it looks very promising!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It was $55, so this was going to have to be not "just cool". I was up past 2 a.m. Friday night watching and working with the Slide gimmick. I could do it 30 minutes after watching the dvd and working with it. I was just having so much fun doing the various versions, that I stayed up late.

First, this was the best produced DVD I've ever watched. It was beautifully filmed and authored ( something I've never cared about until I watched this VDVD ). The explanations are done silent, while playing beautiful ( baroque? ) music. It's like Mike Ammar's "super learning" sessions done to classical music. Mike felt the music induced a higher learning state. If you don't care for music, you can turn the sound off and miss nothing. But I really liked the music.

I also think it's about the most clever magic product ever put out. This allows, even an average magician, to perform a piece of magic that looks like trick photography done on TV.

Skill level needed: A young person could do the very basic effect as it's not difficult. You can take a playing card, a bill, matchbook or business card out of your wallet and do it.

Angles: If you want to do it "Up" then they can't be behind you ( like with the bill switch and many classics of magic ). But if you brought it down and close to you, then no worries.

Even the routines that would require spectator interaction ( choosing/signing a card ) is no more difficult to execute, but your'e doing more ( they pick a card, sign it, you take it back, etc. ). There are so many possibilities with this little gaff. You can carry it in your wallet or in your pocket. In the wallet makes perfect sense for using a bill or business card.

They show performances and explanations of each effects. They use clear plastic cards in the explanations.

Playing Card Slide ( including a signed version )
Mismade Playing Card Slide
Money Slide
Matchbook Slide
Business Card Slide

Each version has it's own layered teaching options with:
Performance
Gimmick Set Up
Explanation

The matchbook and business card is a performers dream. Mike Ammar has a great torn and restored business card with his showcase wallet. You go to give you business card, but it's the last one and it's torn. He then restores it.

The Slide version version, with that patter, is one of the BEST ways to give away a business card. They will never forget you.

The gimmick is so clever. No reason for it not to last until your long gone. Maybe they'll offer refills so you can set up for multiple effects.

I know $55 is a bit pricey to just hit the order button. But when you see the gimmick, what it can do, you'll be pleased and happy it wasn't $100, because there must have been years of R&D behind this.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
What's the reset time? Is there much to ditch at the end of the routine? How much clean up?
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Thanks for the review, Zombie. Sounds pretty good. Mine should be arriving tomorrow at work. Can't wait to open the package and see it. Can you answer Vernon's questions next time you're back here? I'm sure that you will!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Bats, I think you will love this. PM me when you get it.

VernonOnCoins, I can answer your questions as I've already performed Slide at the store.

I have it set up for the bill routine. I took the bill out, had two halves, did the Slide, used the wallet, which is already out to ditch. The reset is a matter of having another folded bill and placing the gimmick against it.

The bill gimmick isn't "permanent". You can just remove it and added it to a prepared playing card, matchbook, etc.

The wallet as a ditch method isn't needed. If you're comfortable palming/holding out, go ahead. There is also a very clever ( it's an old tried and true method in magic ) for ditching. They really covered the bases on the dvd to appeal to all skill levels.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Thank you very much for the review, Zombie. I was reticent to get this until I saw a positive review due to the price. But seeing how much you were looking forward to getting and performing this and then learning that you were so pleased with the product, has made up my mind for me. I just feel guilty now for letting you 'risk' your money on my behalf...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL