The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Mike,
Would you like to send me a pm with the problem?
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 16:07, Magicmike221 wrote:
Im having a problem getting the "slide" action to look & feel smooth either with cards, bank notes, buisiness cards. anyone one else having issues with the slide movement?...Maybe I just need more practise

To make it all look fluid to perform, practice is needed ( like any routine ). But the sliding should be smooth right off the bat as there isn't anything to snag it. It could be finger(s) position ( I've got old arthritic claws and have to make adjustments for everything ).

It'll be worth the little time invested when you get that first reaction from someone.
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of montanna40
I recently got this on the back off what zombiemagic said, As I was on the fence about it.
But glad I did,,thanks for that as having a lot of fun with this now
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
David Regal has a trick called Altered States. The card backs are half red/half blue. The refill pack ( $8.50 ) you get You get a 12 Half & Half cards. The cards supplied are Queen of Hearts (4), Four of Clubs (4) and Two of Diamonds (4).

MIght make for an interesting mis-made card presentation.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Great idea Zombie Magic,
Even though the mismade card included with Slide has some different characterstics than the David Regal's mismade cards,
still worth playing with it in order to create a longer routine.
Best regards,
Titanas
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 16:16, Titanas wrote:
Mike,
Would you like to send me a pm with the problem?

Sent a pm
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-08-15 08:55, Titanas wrote:
Great idea Zombie Magic,
Even though the mismade card included with Slide has some different characterstics than the David Regal's mismade cards,
Best regards,
Titanas

The mis-made kings that come with the package are great. Admittedly, I've become a bit "Slide happy" and trying all sorts of stuff.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
501 Posts

Profile of Nat
Thanks, again, Titanas for responding so quickly and completely to my few questions.

Needless to day, Slide is brilliant, the DVD is comprehensive and easy to follow and the performance reactions have been memorable! Basically without any sleights, it's strong and mind-blowing as the card/bill/matchbook restores -- !!!

Nate

On 2012-08-15 08:55, Titanas wrote:
Great idea Zombie Magic,
Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]
targetintellect
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of targetintellect
The debate about gimmicks on this thread piqued my interest.

It was said "if you could cut a woman in half in real, why to use a special box?" It helps to distinguish between "invisible" and "visible" gimmicks. A box is visible. In this case, however, the gimmick is brought in and out of play "invisibly". It's not as if you need to place the torn card in a plastic container where the magic happens. Therefore, when carried out effectively, there is no distraction or suspicion from the spectators' vantage point.

Also, many magicians prefer to use sleigh-of-hand when the SAME or very similar effect can be achieved. However, I have not yet witnessed a sleight-of-hand method that can animate the card as shown in the demo. If anyone knows a sleight-of-hand method to get the SAME effect please reference it.

This leaves us with one argument that does make sense: if you are a purist who does not believe in using any gimmicks - I respect that. Even if a purist wants to point out a glitch in a gimmick's functioning that makes sense, but to criticize it for it simply BEING a gimmick confuses me. It's analogous to a vegetarian food critic going to a steakhouse. His reviews will always be the same - "I don't know why anyone would eat here, you can get all the protein you need from soy and peanut butter."

After reading the reviews that seem sincere, this looks like it would be worth the investment. My question to those who have it: Would this work well on the trade show floor (aisle-level) to give away business cards? I would need quick reset, and the sales reps on the floor would see me perform this to attendees repeatedly. Tough restrictions.

P.S. Anyone who knows the "sleight-of-hand" method to cut a woman in half, please PM me. Even better if you can send me the magic spell to do it for real.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 23:17, targetintellect wrote:
My question to those who have it: Would this work well on the trade show floor (aisle-level) to give away business cards? I would need quick reset, and the sales reps on the floor would see me perform this to attendees repeatedly. Tough restrictions.

I have and use Slide. I have been to all sorts of trade shows, but never performed at one, so I couldn't give you a professional/intelligent answer.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
You could easily do this at a trade to give out business cards.

You have to prepare the card which takes a few seconds and this could be done at home by doing as many as you like, on the day all you do is grab another card and you are ready to go.

Our stock will be with us early next week see http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-......nas.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
I didn't read all the posts, but the TnR Paul Harris released before this was the first animated and restored card. Just saying haha. As for this trick it definitely looks good. It would be kind of funny to be able to do this with a piece of gum though it that was possible ;p.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
They have the mismade king refills in stock:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14516
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Still on the fence with this one....dont seem to be many reviews
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
King2262,
That's usually a good thing Smile

Best regards,
Titanas
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Ive had it a week.Very well made gimmick no bits of cardboard here.Not 100 per cent happy wih ditching methods.Have to wait to see if TKO 2.0 will vanish it cleanly.Just my opinion.You do not have to force a card for this to still work.You have to put a definitive crease in the card and its a little floppy when handed back.I think the idea for match books especially if you had some personalised is the best option.I think using a banknote is good but there is a discrepency,that you will need to addres,or use it slightly further away than you would with a card.Just my opinion.
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Perseus Arkomanis
Thank you all for your kind words!

@ Bernardo Rodriguez: Slide is the first SIGNED animated tnr though as the Ad says Smile

Enjoy everybody!
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
<BR>www.perseusmagic.com
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Hi guys,

here's my short review:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&0

I hope it'll help Smile

Cheers

Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
NIkki, I use Slide. You did a very accurate review!
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Thank you Zombie Magic!
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL