The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5485 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-06-28 13:07, lunatik wrote:
RNK, please post up some video's of you performing some effects and we'll all be glad to point out your deficiencies. Looking forward to your video's!!

p.s. try not to post up any sworking effects Smile

I'm not marketing any effects. If I was, I would post an unedited video like Tony does at RF Productions when he is trying to sell a product. Nice try. Lol

Best,
RNK
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Sup guys,
SLIDE looks like a dream, always been looking for a good TnR and this one is definitely not just a card trick, it takes it to the next level! Definitely getting this:)

Well done Titanas! (And sorry for Germany being better at football than Greece)

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2012-06-28 13:15, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-28 13:07, lunatik wrote:
RNK, please post up some video's of you performing some effects and we'll all be glad to point out your deficiencies. Looking forward to your video's!!

p.s. try not to post up any sworking effects Smile

I'm not marketing any effects. If I was, I would post an unedited video like Tony does at RF Productions when he is trying to sell a product. Nice try. Lol

Best,
RNK

But you have to realize that well over 90% of effects out there, us magicians usually can suss when a 'move' or 'ditch' or whatever was done. Does that lessen the effect any? In most cases no. If you see an effect performed and you easily spot when the palmed a card, do you think that YOU could improve it ie the timing, etc? If so, then there isn't a problem with the effect. Too many people want an effect to be completely worked out for their specific requirements or they won't but it. What works for one person might not for another. Take the routine and modify it to your likings and comfort level.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I have seen slider up close and personal. It is a great effect and a really sick idea for a plot. It looks like real magic. There is no tell sign of any hand moving anything, that's just ridiculous.

JM
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5485 Posts

Profile of RNK
You can see the hand/fingers move when the sliding takes place.
Best,
RNK
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Look pretty legit, Ill wait for a decent amount of reviews.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3249 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I don't see any obvious finger movement and I think the trailer is quite fair. Still, this isn't really for me. For my tastes it's too novel. A more traditional restoration make more sense and very few laypeople will have EVER seen it.

This is interesting to us magician's having seen cards restored so many times we're bored.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Looks like an interesting effect. Giving out a mismatched Slide card I think is pretty cool. I did notice however that the specs weren't standing very close to the magician, kind of reminded me of "Wings" where it can't be done right in front of a specs face or they will spot the method. Still looks pretty sweet though.
Posting ever so slightly.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Id like then distance issue also to be answered...
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear magic friends,
Regarding the distance: Slide is a close up effect.
The only reason we had this distance is so the camera can also see the effect.
Placing the spectators closer would cause the video viewers to miss the effect and only
see the back of the spectator's heads.
I hope that makes sense.
Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Perseus Arkomanis
Hello magic friends!
Hope you'll enjoy Slide as much as we did developing it.
Don't rush on judging the effect until someone gets it and sees by himself how sophisticated and astinishing it is. Although we where developing it throughout 3 years time, I've been using it subtlely on my working repetoir for at least 2y and the possibilities are endless!
From a playing card, a bill, or a buisness card to even a drawing of a woman (i do that on kids shows/kinda like performing "sawing a lady in half" but close up!)
Of course there are going to be fellow magicians that this is just not their thing, but please don't rush on judging it before you get it on your hands.
As for the methods , we have included lots of those for every kind of taste!
Enjoy!
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
<BR>www.perseusmagic.com
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
This looks really good. Anybody that has done magic knows before hand that there is a gimmick and a switch, laymen don't know that. Congratulations.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5485 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 09:19, thehawk wrote:
This looks really good. Anybody that has done magic knows before hand that there is a gimmick and a switch, laymen don't know that. Congratulations.

No one here has disputed anything about a gimmick involved or a switch. The issue was the video. And anyone in magic also knows that there are t n r plots out there in which the restored card can be handed directly back to the spec.

RNK
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
RNK,
I think we all got your point, you don't like it. That's fair.

For the rest of the people that like it the card is handed out immediately after the restoration.

The whole process is/looks like this: tear, stick offset, animate, fold card, massage the crease, hand out.

Best regards,
Titanas
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 10:58, Titanas wrote:
The whole process is/looks like this: tear, stick offset, animate, fold card, massage the crease, hand out.

Too cool. I am ordering this as soon as Penguin gets it!
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
RNK,

For the rest of the people that like it the card is handed out immediately after the restoration.

Best regards,
Titanas

Titanas, I do not think RNK has actually said anything bad about the actual effect. His concern, and mine I admit... Is that we have yet to see an unedited video... Simply show the card being selected, signed , torn and restored... That is all... To many effects skate on showing unedited demo's... People rave over said demos... Then they get bitter when the effect is not what was shown in the original demo... I am not saying that you are doing this... I am simply stating that a lot of confusion could be avoided by simply showing unedited demos...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5485 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
RNK,

Best regards,
Titanas

Titanas,

This is an open forum. It is also fair that when people respond to my comments, I can respond to theirs. If you read all the posts, I am in no way trying to bash the product. I am merely responding to posts. I can understand your slight frustration as you are trying to sell a product. But again, I reiterate, this is an open forum.

Further, if you look at my track record on posting, I post many more positive comments than negative.
Best,
RNK
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Doomo,
It is posts from magicians like the following one that make the creators don't want to show a full performance.

"Actually not fooled. You can see before he hands back the card he palms the gimmick, very obvious.........Not to mention, when the card is "sliding", you see the motion of his hand creating the sliding. Sorry, not very impressive. - RNK"

Best regards,
Titanas
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
RNK and Doomo.

Alex had given this one his approval. That's enough for me.

Why do you both insist on seeing an unedited demo. Is it because you want to try to suss the method?
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5485 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 11:58, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
RNK and Doomo.

Alex had given this one his approval. That's enough for me.

Why do you both insist on seeing an unedited demo. Is it because you want to try to suss the method?

Not at all. It is because to many times people see an effect that looks great in an edited video only to be highly disappointed after purchasing it. In todays extremely tight economy every dollar counts. Maybe that's not the case for you, if so, that's great for you. But many people are struggling financially.

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL