We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Titanas,

I honestly have no issues with you! You know how much I love you! You have to finally understand after so many years, that when I write bad comments (and actually this time not so bad) for the effects you put in market, it is not always bad marketing...Smile Maybe the opposite...Maybe I am trying to help your sales... Think about it!
Effect is good and price is fair, as I wrote before if you like what you see buy it! My philosopy in magic is to avoid gimmicks as much as I can, especially if I can have the same result without them. that's all! I am just writing my opinion for the videos you uploaded!
Thanks,
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
Quote:
On 2012-08-02 16:13, 1908 wrote:
Titanas,

I honestly have no issues with you! You know how much I love you! You have to finally understand after so many years, that when I write bad comments (and actually this time not so bad) for the effects you put in market, it is not always bad marketing...Smile Maybe the opposite...Maybe I am trying to help your sales... Think about it!
Effect is good and price is fair, as I wrote before if you like what you see buy it! My philosopy in magic is to avoid gimmicks as much as I can, especially if I can have the same result without them. that's all! I am just writing my opinion for the videos you uploaded!
Thanks,

after you wrote this, I will never buy items from you more. I will share this to all friends and news sites.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
BIll Malone swore he'd never use gimmicks. And then he saw Michael Skinner perform his Ultimate 3 Card Monte and BIll added it to his working set.

Larry Jennings preferred sleight of hand to using gimmicks. Then Jim Swain performed Capitulating Queens for Larry and Larry added it.

Slide uses a gimmick that allows you to perform magic that can't be accomplished by just sleight of hand. The sliding is magic that makes their eyes bug out. The restoration is just the cherry on top.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1993 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2012-08-02 16:21, gimmickless wrote:
Quote:
Titanas,

Thanks,

after you wrote this, I will never buy items from you more. I will share this to all friends and news sites.

Gimmickless,
I didn't know that 1908 was selling items.
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Don't hide behind the facade of commenting on a product just to keep some pathetic feud of yours going. This is a very good product which achieves a fantastic effect.

You wrote, "As for the trick, I think is ok,another gimmick that I believe its ok, especially for young beginners that like to show to their friends their new trick." I find that remark insulting; I am not new to magic (neither, for that matter, am I young). Like you, I prefer not to use gimmicks, preferring instead to use pure sleight of hand. But occasionally an effect comes along which uses a gimmick and which enhances my repertoire. And Slide is such an effect. It entertains and looks amazing.

You wrote, "When I tear a card , I prefer it to look normal, nobody is tearing an everyday card in middle, like in those videos!" There is nothing normal about tearing a playing card, full-stop. Merely doing so causes a reaction from many spectators, which is one of the strengths of doing a T'n'R. As Titanas mentioned, there is nothing unnatural about folding something made of paper or card before tearing it. Therefore the tear looks natural.

You wrote, "Maybe I am trying to help your sales... Think about it!" This is also insulting. There is no way you could ever hope anyone would beleive you are trying to help boost the sales figures of this product.

You should say nothing if you've got nothing productive to say. And d**ning with faint praise is certainly not productive.
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Ordered earler today, should be with me in a day or 2...Great Review Zombie Magic!
beamen
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of beamen
Ordered this today as well. I will write a small review when I tried it (hopefully <1 week).
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Quote:
On 2012-08-02 16:21, gimmickless wrote:
Quote:
Titanas,

Thanks,

Gimmickless, you confused me as well. What am I selling and where? LOL
I love and respect magic and I would never sell crap to make easy bucks. Actually, I only buy magic, used to sell and trade through magiccafe with friends but I have to sell something the last 3-4 years!
I see many new profiles with a couple of posts that like that effect so much...strange!!! Anyway, I do not understand why you only want to hear good comments. Bad comments help us to become better. Titanas, you are from Greece that freedom of speech was born there, why you act like this? Its an open forum and I can say my view, what is all that flustration for?
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
What I want to say is that if you could cut a woman in half in real, why to use a special box? Same with tear and restore card. If I can use sleight of hand to have the same result and even better, why to use a gimmick? Only if I am a beginner, then that's an excuse. As I said, price is fair, trick is ok, if you like it you buy it! that's all!
"Gimmickless" nice nickname, its funny to have that nickname and like Slide! LOL
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 07:50, 1908 wrote:
I love and respect magic and I would never sell crap to make easy bucks. Actually, I only buy magic, used to sell and trade through magiccafe with friends but I have to sell something the last 3-4 years!
I see many new profiles with a couple of posts that like that effect so much...strange!!! Anyway, I do not understand why you only want to hear good comments. Bad comments help us to become better. Titanas, you are from Greece that freedom of speech was born there, why you act like this? Its an open forum and I can say my view, what is all that flustration for?

Yes, it's an open forum and everybody's entitled to their views. Just be as respectful to other magicians as you are to magic.
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 08:19, r99h wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 07:50, 1908 wrote:

Yes, it's an open forum and everybody's entitled to their views. Just be as respectful to other magicians as you are to magic.

I am respectful Sir, I have not written at any point something that does not show respect to any magician or creator! In all industries, they hear and the bad reviews or comments and they are using them to get better and better! I do not understand why in magic, whenever a new trick is out, we all have to like it! As I said many many times in my posts above, if you like it then buy it, that does not mean that I have to buy it or I can not say my view! that's it!
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
By the way, welcome to the Café r99h!
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 09:20, 1908 wrote:
By the way, welcome to the Café r99h!

Thank you!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
As far as the tearing of the card, there is no 'natural" way to tear them. Because people don't tear cards. They don't sign them, they don't take them out of their wallet, they don't cut them into 4 piles. People also don't float balls, bills, etc. lol.

And for using gimmicks? BIll Malone saw Michael Skinner perform his Ultimate 3 Card Monte and BIll added it to his working set, even though, a beginner can use that trick. Professionals have open minds about what they'll use and won't use.

Slide isn't a card trick. You don't have to use cards. Bills, matchbooks, business cards, etc. can be used.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Excellent points, Zombie!!!!!
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
I remember three years ago playing with the first prototype for slide.
It was not until today that I got Slide the way it is now, the gimmick works really smoothly. And the animation looks awesome. Great work you have done here!

Nefesch
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
You can play this serious ( David Blaine gaze ) or funny. Here's what I did on the weekend.

You know Bizzaro's incredible non-toxic prop? Yep......I used that. Did the glue in the mouth illusion and blew on the matchbook half and then 'stuck' it together. The animation and restore brought it back to serious magic.

You could have match books made with your contact info as a giveaway.

I love this effect. It really gets great reactions.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Not a bad idea, Zombie. An IBM friend of mine recently gave me the glue thing, but I didn't know what to do with it. That seems like a winner. But now I have to start carrying around some Elmo's glue!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I think just getting static from your shirt is what most magi will do ( and it makes sense like when you add static to a bill before animating ). The non-toxic prop is just a fun thing to carry. Magi used to ( maybe still do ) carry a funken ring, but I think the glue has some fun applications for it.
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Im having a problem getting the "slide" action to look & feel smooth either with cards, bank notes, buisiness cards. anyone one else having issues with the slide movement?...Maybe I just need more practise
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL