The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Tommy Cooper Gags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy Andrew
View Profile
New user
Scotland U.K.
55 Posts

Profile of Billy Andrew
These were recently sent to me and it reminded me so clearly of Tommy Cooper's presentation that I had to share the stirred memory.

Two Aerials meet on a roof - fall in love & get married. The ceremony was rubbish but the Reception was Brilliant.

Man goes to the doc, with a strawberry growing out of his head. Doc says "I'll give you some cream to put on that."

"Doc, I can't stop singing the green green grass of home."
"That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome."
"Is it common?"
"It's not unusual."

There are several more but it would make the post a little too large and some are not as suitable for the board. PM if you want the full set.

Billy
A journey of one thousand miles starts with the first step
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
I was recently sent the list too - it must be doing a tour of Scotland!! Tommy Cooper's gags were absolutely fantastic - only he could get away with jokes that bad!
Simon Williams
View Profile
New user
Reading, UK
54 Posts

Profile of Simon Williams
There is a list of 'Tommy Cooper' jokes which are doing the rounds which are actually Tim Vine's material. Check out
http://www.timvine.com
professorpopcorn
View Profile
New user
Taunton Somerset U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of professorpopcorn
Ah the legend who is Tommy Cooper.

I know this story is true because I know someone it happened to.

Tommy had his cases taken up to his hotel room by a porter who stood at the door waiting for his customary tip. Tommy placed something in the porters hand saying 'have a drink on me'.

When the porter looked he was clutching a tea-bag!!!

Just like that. Smile
When you're smilin'
When you're smilin'
The Whole World Smiles With You !!!
Tra-la-la
www.profpopcorn.co.uk
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Who is Tommy Cooper? Excuse me for my ignorance, but does anyone have a little background, I love studying the works of comedic magicians. That sounds like a great idea too for the porter, especially if I change a bill into the tea bag. Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Mith,
Cooper was a great -- truly great -- English magician/comedian in the school of Carl Ballantine, etc.
Nothing he ever did turned out right or the way he planned it (apparently) except that the audience was in stitches most of the time.
Tommy holds the rather dubious distinction of being the first (if not the only) person to die on stage (at the Palladium, but I may be wrong).
I mean literally "die", not as in "flop"; I mean as in "stop breathing for ever."
cheers,
Peter Marucci
professorpopcorn
View Profile
New user
Taunton Somerset U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of professorpopcorn
Just a little correction there Peter if I may.

Tommy Cooper did indeed die on stage and on live television. It was however, at Her Majesty's Theatre in London.

For the last 17 years this lovely Victorian theatre in The Haymarket in London has been the home of Andrew Lloyd Webbers 'The Phantom of the Opera'.
When you're smilin'
When you're smilin'
The Whole World Smiles With You !!!
Tra-la-la
www.profpopcorn.co.uk
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Fortunately you can buy video recordings of his shows.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
Just like That!
Andy-roo
View Profile
New user
UK
5 Posts

Profile of Andy-roo
I'll always remember a great Tommy Cooper line which went along the lines of Tommy standing on stage wearing a couple of badges on his lapel.

Halfway through a routine he points at one and says, "See that? That was awarded to me for 'aving the worlds best memory!" Pause before pointing to the other one, "...and I've forgotten what that one was for!"

Simple, uncomplicated genius!!

Andrew Smile
"The cards you hold in the game of life mean very little- it's the way you play them that counts."
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Someone recently told me a joke which they attributed to Tommy Cooper.

I wasn't feeling too well, so I went to see the doctor. He examined me, and said that it looked rather serious.

"How long have I got to live, doctor?"

"Well, let's put it this way, I wouldn't go buying any long-playing records."

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Smudge
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Smudge
I was told a story by a good friend of Tommy's about a lighting tech who messed up his show on more than one occasion and Tommy wasn't too pleased, so on the last night of the theatre run the tech was summoned to Tommy's hotel room, thinking that he was going to get a roasting. Tommy just shook his hand and said no hard feelings, all the best for the future and handed him a huge potted plant as a parting gift, the lighting tech was relieved and left the hotel.

As he got outside he was nabbed by the hotel security for stealing one of their plants from the lobby. When he explained, all was sorted out.

Don't get mad, get even, Tommy was a genius.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Tommy Cooper Gags (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL