The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Doing Magic At School.. How do I approach someone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
paradoxmagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of paradoxmagic
Here's what I did in school.:
First it very inticing to do magic at school, I know, but it's best to keep your peers wanting more. Don't over do it. What I have found best is o ask you teacher if you may give a presentation before the class. You'd be surprise how many will say yes. Your teachers have only your future in mind and will want to help you succeed. If your in English class, perform something that has a story with what your reading material is about. If its history class give a little talk on past magicians while performing something from thier repertoire, science class can have flash paper, math can have mentalism; and so forth. Try to sell your teachers that your presentation will make learning fun. This will provide you with greater experience than what you can do during lunch time. You may even get extra credit! Get involved in your theatre department too. Not only will the acting experience become invaluable for you in magic, most drama teachers will exploit hidden talents to offer a different kind of entertainment to the school and public. I myself even got written up in the local paper for writing and directing my own play and guess what the play was about... MAGIC. The news paper even provided me with credibility and paid shows.
David Facer

"Impossible is NOT a word...." TM
joshua the magician
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of joshua the magician
Hi. when I was in high school I performed magic in front of the class when the teacher was busy getting papers ready and students hadnothing to do. I just had a pack of cards on me and got up did like a minute of magic and sat back down... teacher thanked me later for helping him out. only do it when theres dead time. not while hes teaching and don't interrupt flow of the class. also I performed at the talent show linking rings and did theatre to help stage performanc.e also at a student music performance I did magic while their band played.. we worked it out before hand. all just some ideas of how to get out there. also do it for ureself not for others do it to improve ureself and improve ure magic. leave girls completely out of ure magic so you can focus on ure magic. girls will come when you are ready. also meditation helps with timing. hope this helps peace. josh.
magicly,
joshua
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Doing Magic At School.. How do I approach someone? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL