The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Scandalous (?) Advertising of the Raven(?) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
Engelfield Green, nr Staines - innit
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
ATTENTION EVERYONE

Please visit the following link

Click Here, and search for Raven

Carefully read the way in which the Raven is advertised.

The hands can be shown empty before the vanish? This is also shown in the video!

What's going on? Am I missing something totally obvious here? Has a new product come out called 'The Raven' achieving exactly the same effect without using anything?

Have I uncovered the biggest advertising scam ever or am I just being completely stupid. Please help me.

Yours confusedly

PT
Smile Smile Smile
Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
the hands can be shown empty before the vanish and it is shown on the video. I don't think you are stupid though.
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
I don't think that this is quite what it seems but it should look like that to your audience. It depends on the hook-up that you use: I tried it through the shirt buttons and you could show your hand empty and then wave your hand before showing both hands empty.

The fact that the "video" consists of 3 photos in sequence may add to your confusion but the 3 segments shot happen in that order, as they are shown, only the other actions in between are omittedm (like bending in your finger to release).

I don't have a problem with advertising like this because if you showed exactly what happened in slow motion then the secret would be revealed. But showing the "video" as it is, is pretty much what would be seen IMO. I didn't use the Raven for too long so I am no authority.
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
Hey Neil,

Sorry, I meant the actual video link, not the 3 photo thingy. It shows you the performance in Real Media format (including emtpy hands). Take another look and let me know what you think.

PT
Smile
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
I'm guessing...

Have it in the left sleeve and pick the loop up with the right thumb.

Just a trial. Any better idea???

Stefano Mambretti
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
Without exposing the secret to how to show your hands empty, it's nothing to do hooking and unhooking the loop.
I can't remember whether it's taught on the leaflet, but it's definitely taught on the Raven video. It's funny how even magicians are still fooled by an effect which was heavily exposed by MM.
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
Okay. Boy do I feel stupid about thinking that you meant the little "3 photo" video.

Having gone back and watched the video properly, I still hold my previous view. I think you can still see what he is up to if you know, but on the whole he does it well.
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
It is true that the hands can be shown empty before the vanish.
It's on the video if I remember rightly.

Regards Alan
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
Yes, your hands can be shown completely empty, it all depends on the handling,
you can show your hands empty before and after the vanish or just after either way it'll have a strong impact on the person.
I've been using the Raven for quite some time now, looks very natural, very fair,
the Raven in my opion is a nice piece of real magic.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
PT Flea...

Do you have Chuck Leach's 'Raven Companion Video'? Chuck explains on this video that you can show both hands, FRONT and BACK... being totally empty. It's a GREAT way to prove your hands empty!!

The 'Raven Companion Video' is a MUST for you if you really want to perform coin appearances and vanishes using the RAVEN. The video is very detailed in the set-up and execution of using the RAVEN.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
Thanks guys,

Looks like I might have to get the Raven companion video. Only problem... I don't have a video player. DOH!

Well I guess this was a bit of a false alarm. I thought it was unlikely they would advertise something falsley (but I didn't count it beyond the realms of possibility).

Thanks for setting this one straight,

PT
Smile
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Scandalous (?) Advertising of the Raven(?) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL