The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotist Library (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mchiko07
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of mchiko07
The question is simple: The best way to learn hypnosis is doing it. But the knowledge is always necessary to improve, and "out of the box" thinking.

In yours opinion: What are the basic books, dvd resources, and audiotape that one must have in his personal library?

Thanks in advance.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Secrets of stage and cabaret hypnosis by Eddie Burke and David knights ebook on stage hypnosis. I can't remember the name. Reality is plastic by Anthony Jaquin and deeper and deeper by Jon chase are also worth a look. I haven't come across anything else I would consider necessary.
dannyboy4
View Profile
New user
Canada
16 Posts

Profile of dannyboy4
Quote:
On 2012-06-30 20:31, TonyB2009 wrote:
Secrets of stage and cabaret hypnosis by Eddie Burke and David knights ebook on stage hypnosis. I can't remember the name. Reality is plastic by Anthony Jaquin and deeper and deeper by Jon chase are also worth a look. I haven't come across anything else I would consider necessary.

Seconded. I have Reality is Plastic and just recently purchased Deeper and Deeper (haven't had a chance to read it yet). Reality is Plastic is a great introduction to hypnosis, and Anthony is a respectable fellow (down to earth). Plus, RiP is small enough that it's very easy to read, whether on the move (bus, etc.) or otherwise.

Not to get off topic, but one can only learn so much from books, and it's applying that knowledge in a practical setting where he or she will learn. Furthermore, I would strongly suggest taking a course and being taught by a live teacher to build a strong foundation for hypnosis, but that's just me. To each one's own.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Jon Chase's Deeper and Deeper,
Jon Chase's Hypnosis Installed (DVD set)
Alex Duvall's eBook
My stuff (eBook and online course) Smile

Also get a grounding in public speaking/presentation and be sure you have some of that X-factor: Charisma
That last one will get you a long way.

Don't be a clone of your teachers. Avoid a scripted approach or you'll just be a pale imitation of the original scriptwriter.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I disagree about scripted approach. Its the most important part of any hypnotist that does shows. Therapy might be different but even learning the most complicated language skills involves digesting and writing constructed sentences.

Ive never seen any performer comedian or whatever that didn't have at least the framework of their show scripted.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
There's a HUGE difference between structure/framework and an actual script.
Writing the script YOURSELF is a different story again.
Read again what I wrote. How can you only be a pale imitation of the scriptwriter if you ARE the scriptwriter?

Quote:
On 2012-07-04 17:10, mindpunisher wrote:
I disagree about scripted approach. Its the most important part of any hypnotist that does shows. Therapy might be different but even learning the most complicated language skills involves digesting and writing constructed sentences.

Ive never seen any performer comedian or whatever that didn't have at least the framework of their show scripted.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
For everything I do I have an outline, but never more. I don't like to work with a full script (which is why I am a lousy actor!). But a detailed plan is very helpful.

I second the idea of honing up on presentational skills. Joining Toastmasters was the key for me, and I would recommend it to any stage performer.
DavidSena
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of DavidSena
After spending quite some time reading and watching DVD's, in my opinion the best resources for a beginner are:
* Streetnosis - this is, for me, THE resource for learning proper hypnosis. Reg provides the full package and provides a ton of materials for you to study. Stuff that you need on stage and off stage as well, it's a really complete resource and I'm so glad I got it. In my opinion it's worth every single penny it costs.
* Jon Chase's Deeper and Deeper - Like others have mentioned, a terrific book

These two resources will provide any beginner with more than enough quality material for several months of study.

David
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks. I'm also now offering an hour on Skype with me as part of the Streetnosis course, but only to a limited number of people, obviously.
Also see this: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=22&1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotist Library (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL