The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Odds & Nubs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Hey guys,

Just letting you know about a new creative project. I've been drawing a regularly updated (2-3 times per week) comic strip.

It features two primary recurring characters: Odds, who is a wizard usually found in anachronistic contexts, and Nubs, his oversized pet mouse with a short, nubby tail and the personality of a dog.

You can check it out at http://www.OddsAndNubs.com and subscribe via Tumblr if so desired. I'd appreciate your feedback and helping spread the work.

Many thanks,

Brian
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"Signing up at the register" is worth framing.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2826 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2012-06-30 22:06, BrianMillerMagic wrote:
Hey guys,

Just letting you know about a new creative project. I've been drawing a regularly updated (2-3 times per week) comic strip.

It features two primary recurring characters: Odds, who is a wizard usually found in anachronistic contexts, and Nubs, his oversized pet mouse with a short, nubby tail and the personality of a dog.

You can check it out at http://www.OddsAndNubs.com and subscribe via Tumblr if so desired. I'd appreciate your feedback and helping spread the work.

Many thanks,

Brian

Oh dear God! Don't get me started on another one! I'm already following a half a dozen regularly and another dozen or so off and on!
OK, let me see what you got!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
It's been a fun process taking just a raw ability to draw cartoons and start to learn the technology of modern comic strips. Inking, photocopying, and then the digital process of coloring. My hand lettering leaves much to be desired. I'm working on it. I toyed with using a digital cartoon font early on, but now I've decided I would rather spend the hours practicing lettering so that I can do it without getting that obviously digital font look.

Thanks for checking it out guys. If you've seen the few most recent ones, they're starting to look pretty good, I think. So I'll keep at it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Odds & Nubs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL