The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Free effects for table work (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8640 Posts

Profile of funsway
Folks here might be interested in the offer
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=52&0
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I sent you an email.

Thanks
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Sent you an email. Thank you.

Bob Phillips
Luqash
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Luqash
I've sent an email as well. Despite the fact that most of you are more knowledgable than me I will give my best shot at revising the content.

Cheers!

Lukasz Szydlik
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
323 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Sent you an email,....Thanks!!!
JJKnight
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JJKnight
Sent email, would be very happy to provide any feedback I can.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
323 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I must admit,it took me a few times to get passed the first page of this Booklet due to it's whimsical nature.(it brought memories of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" when Lou Grant told Mary "You've got spunk."and after she thanked him he says "I hate spunk".,..Me,..I hate whimsy).Only after reading it aloud,did the light come on and I understood where this idea/story/premise was headed.If the Reader follows the "Story" all the way to the end,the Effects follow a logical course.Although the many Effects presented in this Booklet are not "New",there is enough material and information to put on a good set of Routines for a Close-Up Performance and a Great Study for anyone interested in Manipulation Techniques.The description of the Effects and explanation of the required Slieghts are consice and easy to follow and Funsway has added something most other works havn't touched on,...the Why's of what the Performer does and Perspective and Why's of the Spectator are included.(Eye-opening information indeed)
All in All,..I find this Booklet to be one of the Best of it's kind and a Great addition to anyones Magic Library.(for me...I put it in the Top Ten Must Reads on Manipulation Techniques)
Thanks Again Funway!!!
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
Just sent you an e-mail.
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I'm still working my way through it Funsway, thanks again! Smile
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
323 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Just wondering whats taking others so long to write their Review.(as per the agreement)
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
I am still working on reading through the book. I love it so far! I have just been very busy with life right now.
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
mfrisbee
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of mfrisbee
I received this last week and I have not had a chance to get deep into it....so far, its been a nice read.
mfrisbee
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of mfrisbee
I will agree with some of snowpuppy's assesments. The intro/story line was different than "Most" magic books. I did think to myself,"is this a magic book or a lead-in to a mid-evil/merlin novel?" LOL. I understand the acronyms for the moves and etc(very good detail). I found my self going to the Appendix after reading the first trick and there after when I could not remember what the acronyms ment. For flow purposes, I think it would have served me better by being in the front of the book. I was jumping back and forth and this would have happened even if it was in the front. Like Snowpuppy stated, the material is good and the information about the "WHY's" is something that you don't see a lot of. This information is something everyone can use. I give the book an thumb tip up!! GOOD JOB funsway!!!!
Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
E-mail sent. Looking forward to it!
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
323 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Any thoughts yet?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8640 Posts

Profile of funsway
A couple have send me private messages, but most have not.

there is a lot to work though -- and I am patient,

Tghus, a "review" is not necessary -- while reports of what happened when effects are performed is invaluable.

The responses so far have me thinking of a new eBook to assemble, so -- it is all good.

By the way -- some open the book twice in separate Windows. That way you can place the explanations next to the effect.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I have not forgotten, Funsway, I will get back to you on this. Thanks again for sharing it! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Free effects for table work (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL