The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Is the Fushigi bad contact ball or just bad? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Atticus
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Atticus
Hello, I know this product is not well liked and there are a couple of threads discussing it's deceptive marketing and profiting off another's creation but...

Now that the fushigi has run out of hype and retailers are clearing it for under $10 is it worth it? Does the metal ball inside look cool and actually make it less likely to break? Does it spoil the look of tricks and is it perfectly centered for isolation?

I pay like $20 including shipping for 70mm clear acrylic balls and break and scratched them up. What size is fushigi and is the weight the same? I have been CJ for 5 years - but not diligently, and have not begun learning 3 & 4 ball tricks yet.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I'd say pop to your local toy shop and try one.

What's right for you may be wrong for another. This is the same for all juggling props, at least I think so anyway.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Fushigi Balls are known to break, crack and even shatter more frequently than standard Contact balls.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I've handled a fushigi ball, and they feel pretty good, they're a bit lighter than acrylic. However they do break more easily than a solid ball, so dropping on concrete may produce more than a crack or scratch. Myself I wouldn't use them no matter how cheap they get, simply because of the deceptive advertising making it sound like the ball does most of the work. And the steel ball on the inside is hollow, not solid.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I was more impressed than I thought I would be when I tried one.
mtb
View Profile
New user
South Africa
61 Posts

Profile of mtb
I have also heard that they are not overly good for isolation stuff, since the metal ball in the centre is not always quite centred and their are other (visible) flaws in many of them.

Not seen one myself though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Is the Fushigi bad contact ball or just bad? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL