The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Wand Rack? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Does anyone have a method of displaying their wands in their home. I'm thinking about displaying them in a way that looks good, stores them efficiently (about 8-10), and allows me to still use them. In other words, I don't want to put them in a shadow box, or something. I want to be able to grab one and use it. Is there a rack for such things? Ideas?
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Look at fishing pole racks
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
At this point I have put them in a flower vase on the mantle. My wife is very understanding, isn't she? It is actually growing on me.

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Tony,

This is what I did. I used a hinged shadow box. I glued a piece of sheet metal on the back inside of the box and covered the sheet metal with blue velvet. I bought several brass knobs or pulls. The brass knobs are used for jewelry box drawers. I glued very strong and small rare earth magnets to the screw end of the knobs and glued narrow strips of the velvet to the inside round part of the brass knobs where the knobs come in contact with my beautiful, well made Moonlight Magic wands; http://moonlightmagicprods.com/ I use the brass knobs as holders for each of my wands. Because they are magnetic, I can put the knobs anywhere inside the box so as I get more wands I can move the brass holders and evenly space the wands.

Because the box has a hinged cover, I can easily lift the cover and take out the wand I need.

It works very well and I think I might have $80 dollars in the whole shadow box.

Let me know if you have any questions.

David
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I love the idea David. Can you post a picture? I would love to see it.

Thanks for sharing,
Tony

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
How about a test tube rack?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Great idea.

I used a test tube rack before I made my shadow box rack. The wooden ones work very well. I used self adhesive felt to line the bottom of the tube holder indentations and the inside of each tube space to protect the wands.

The test tube racks are very inexpensive.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Wand Rack? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL