The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is there a Doctor in the house? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I broke my neck a couple years ago. I had surgery and was fine. Two days ago I started hearing and feeling my neck crack. Is that a really bad thing? The doctor's office is closed for the holiday. I think I'll survive, but an opinion couldn't hurt. Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm not a doctor so here's a not-a-doctor thought:
If you have insurance I think you should get it looked at. Maybe a minor emergency clinic or something. Don't take chances with that part of the body or you could end up with somebody having to spoon feed you pudding and Jell-O for the rest of your days. Mmmm... pudding.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Yes, I'm a Doctor. You'll be fine.

A third opinion wouldn't hurt, though.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-04 14:38, critter wrote:
I'm not a doctor so here's a not-a-doctor thought:
If you have insurance I think you should get it looked at. Maybe a minor emergency clinic or something. Don't take chances with that part of the body or you could end up with somebody having to spoon feed you pudding and Jell-O for the rest of your days. Mmmm... pudding.

I have insusurance, but I hate seeing doctors.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
My doctors license will probably get yanked, but my opinion anyway: Smile

It could be one of many, many things, maybe just the way you slept on it one night. It's happened to me before.
But if you had a broken neck once, yes you really do need to have it checked out. I would at least call a nurse about it.

Tom
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-04 14:39, stoneunhinged wrote:
Yes, I'm a Doctor. You'll be fine.

A third opinion wouldn't hurt, though.

Since I hate seeing a doctor, I'll just go with your opinion. Smile
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-04 14:43, TomBoleware wrote:
My doctors license will probably get yanked, but my opinion anyway: Smile

It could be one of many, many things, maybe just the way you slept on it one night. It's happened to me before.
But if you had a broken neck once, yes you really do need to have it checked out. I would at least call a nurse about it.

Tom

I called a nurse. Like I said, it's the holiday. I'm getting no reply.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I'm not a Doctor, but I'm old enough to have had just about every ache and pain you can get in your neck or back. The first question should be, does it hurt. I've had cracks and other sounds occur in my neck that typically subside in a few days. Anything a little different that happens with your body can sometimes be a little scary, but most of the time they're not a problem. If it continues, you may want to see your doctor just to ease your mind.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-04 16:04, NicholasD wrote:
I'm not a Doctor, but I'm old enough to have had just about every ache and pain you can get in your neck or back. The first question should be, does it hurt. I've had cracks and other sounds occur in my neck that typically subside in a few days. Anything a little different that happens with your body can sometimes be a little scary, but most of the time they're not a problem. If it continues, you may want to see your doctor just to ease your mind.

I'm not in pain. I just wonder why I hear the noises in my neck.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
If you do go to the doctor you might ask him to check out that scratched Johnson while he's at it. Smile

But seriously, I crack and ache all over some days. Just getting old. You should check it out, though, given that you had a previous injury. It's probably nothing serious but getting it checked won't hurt and if it is serious it's better to take care of it now.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I left a message with my doctor. I felt like crap after the surgery, but it was differen't kind of feeling. I just don't feel right when I move my head.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Your neck is passing gas.
$25 please. PM for pay pal address.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Just ask your mom to kiss it better

http://www.killsometime.com/pictures/526......ken-Neck
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
If you don't like doctors, how do you feel about morticians?
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-04 21:28, Steve_Mollett wrote:
If you don't like doctors, how do you feel about morticians?

They aren't my favorite people, but a good friend of mine is a mortician.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If it is serious enough to ask go to an ER. Necks are nothing to screw with.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Yes, I was thinking about that. People have ended up in a wheelchair for a neck injury. I ended up going to the E.R. last night. It was nothing serious.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Crap! It turns out the MRI showed some damage to my neck. I have to go back to the hospital in the next few hours, and most likely spend a little time there. This wasn't how I planned to spend my Summer. I hope I'm allowed to use my laptop in the hospital.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
You did the right thing Scratch, What comes next may suck, but not going may have sucked a lot worse.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Ask Anderson Cooper.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is there a Doctor in the house? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL