The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Product Review – MIPRO MA-705 Portable PA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
I have just purchased a new PA system for performing at smaller venues. It is the Mipro MA-705. Mipro is a Taiwanese company that are more known for the wireless microphone systems. They also manufacture the Passport PA units to be so sold under the Fender name.

I have a larger Fender Passport 250 for my school shows but was looking for something for smaller venues. I wanted something that would be suitable for day cares, home parties & smaller outdoor shows like company picnics.

I was most impressed with the features the unit has. It is a small PA housing a single 8” duel cone speaker. The amplifier is 50 watts RMS. The sound is nothing amazing but more than adequate for voice amplification and a little music for shows in smaller venues.

The Mipro MA-705 is similar to the Carvin Stagemate & some Anchor Explorer models in that it runs on internal rechargeable 12V batteries. That is incredibility convenient doing away with the power cords. Not having to find power sockets or run extension cords across the floor saves valuable set up time when you arrive at your venue. I used to hate always having to unplug lamps & television sets when I used a mains powered system for home parties. I have used it for four kids parties in the same day & the batteries did not run out. The manufacturer claims you can expect up to 8 hours on continual operation before a recharge is needed.

My favourite feature is the dual built in UHF wireless receivers. The unit also came with two headset microphones with belt pack transmitters. I wear one headset for my show & I use the other transmitter to achieve the wireless connection with my MiniTech. That is the killer feature for me. I felt my MiniTech was too expensive and fragile to leave lying around the floor at a kids party. Also I really wanted my PA to be one piece for ease of set up. I can carry my PA & a rolon table in to a venue in just one trip from my car. If I can park close enough I leave my MiniTech in my car running from the cigarette lighter. I’ve found that the sound from the transmitter easily pass through 3-4 walls before I experience reception difficulties.

The only problem I found with this PA is the quality is a little lower than other popular brands. I actually had a part break while it was being shipped which shows it is not going to be as robust as a Carvin or Anchor. Also the RCA connectors are not gold like on my Fender.

If I could change one thing about it I would want a seperate tweeter included to give it better high frequency sound reproduction.

Here is my overall rating:

QUALITY:

FEATURES:

VALUE:

Full list of specs
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Sounds like you got a good thing going there Andy. Congratulations! Smile
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
JoJo actually helped me buy this PA. He lives in Taiwan near the factory where they are made. The factory can not process international orders but they do have a cash & carry shop on site. I sent JoJo the money & he picked one up directly from the factory & send it to me. He was very helpful & helped me save hundreds of dollars off the local retail price by doing what he did. A true Café brother! Smile

If you are interested in one of these units & want to get one at the best price contact JoJo. If you speak nicely to him he might do the same for you.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Product Review – MIPRO MA-705 Portable PA (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL