The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » ROSWELL - In the news again. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/08......077.html

Now, why to I absolutely believe this guy?

I just hope I live long enough to see the Happy Homecoming. Will it be 'We love you! We'll teach you the Secrets of The Universe" or 'We love you! You're soft on the outside, crunchy on the inside'?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
His entire proof is that he claims to have looked at the contents of a box hidden away in a secure area at CIA headquarters in Langley. The contents confirmed what he had always suspected was the truth about Roswell. But because he honors his oath of secrecy he cannot reveal what he saw in the box.

Right. Sounds convincing to me. (If his clearance meant so much to him he should have never revealed the existence of the box or made any comment about it or its contents at all.)

Strange that he just happens to have a book coming out.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hard hitting piece of journalism by Huffpo. This is almost "factual" enough to be a Fox story!

People never cease to amaze me.

Sorry about bashing Huffpo and Fox. I know this isn't political. In truth I wish they each did more stories like this and less political stuff lol.

Then again aren't aliens from outer space a communist plot? Didn't Hitler have one at least as a general?

I think I hit most of the buttons didn't I Bob?

Rod but about being discovered by aliens or what not. My wife is Spanish and has pointed out that historically it doesn't work out so well for the "discovered".

After all few in history have "discovered" as many cultures as the Spanish!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
That book will rouse the rabble for sure.

I wonder what the other 299 pages will talk about if he can't talk about anything other than what he's already said.

I think 'I can't talk about what I'm talking about' is a nice hook.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

It should be noted that Huffington Post published the article in their "Weird News" section, not as a piece of "hard hitting" journalism. Like I said, the guy is hyping his book.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh I know Bob. I was trying to save everyone the trouble of making it political. Sorry it wasn't as funny as I thought. It was pretty late.

Although now I can call you names because you didn't understand.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I can't believe Tommy's not all over this.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4966 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Strange that he just happens to have a book coming out.

Quote:
I wonder what the other 299 pages will talk about if he can't talk about anything other than what he's already said.

IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

The book that this guy is selling is a science fiction novel and has nothing to do with Roswell. It appears he is just using that as a hook to get air time to promote the book.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Dumber things has happen in the past. A guy finding a pair of magical glasses. When he puts them on, he can read from a magic book that he found. LOL ...... Then he gets Others to follow him and start a religious cult. LOL ......

Ray
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-07-10 11:47, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Dumber things has happen in the past.

Yes they has.

:eek:
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16046 Posts

Profile of tommy
The CIA are full of curiouser and curiouser individuals.

Maybe it's a tactic devised to discredit CIA whistle-blowers. If one gets a few CIA agents telling tall tales then who will believe the ones that speak the truth?

Europeans know this game and have played it for centuries Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
This whole Roswell thing... seems that people aren't thinking this through. Now, if there was an alien civilization thousands (millions?) of years more advanced than us, able to traverse the galaxy using mind boggling technology, avoid the hazards of space (solar activity, asteroids, radiation, extreme heat and cold), and make it to this planet, do you really think something as mundane as a storm would bring their ship down? I mean, even with our own technology, our airplanes take to the skies every single day during all kinds of whether and are seldom affected.

PS - In the late 1990s, the military finally admitted that the weather balloon story was a cover up... for the fact that it was actually an advanced (for the time) spy balloon for missions over Russia (Project Mogul comes to mind, but I'm not totally sure that's the one).

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes, it was Project Mogul. I believe the balloon was actually of the very high altitude type and it was designed to detect nuclear testing in the Soviet Union by monitoring the high atmosphere.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16046 Posts

Profile of tommy
Made of a strange amalgam of metals known only to Desiderius Erasmus of Rotterdam
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On 2012-07-10 12:53, R.S. wrote:
This whole Roswell thing... seems that people aren't thinking this through. Now, if there was an alien civilization thousands (millions?) of years more advanced than us, able to traverse the galaxy using mind boggling technology, avoid the hazards of space (solar activity, asteroids, radiation, extreme heat and cold), and make it to this planet, do you really think something as mundane as a storm would bring their ship down? I mean, even with our own technology, our airplanes take to the skies every single day during all kinds of whether and are seldom affected.

PS - In the late 1990s, the military finally admitted that the weather balloon story was a cover up... for the fact that it was actually an advanced (for the time) spy balloon for missions over Russia (Project Mogul comes to mind, but I'm not totally sure that's the one).

Ron

They don't have storms like we do on their home planet.

That is why they are remaking our atmosphere by changing the climate.

Duh!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
It seems kind of dumb that a storm would take down a weather balloon too.
"Hank, is there a storm coming?"
"I don't know, the weather balloon doesn't seem to be working."
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » ROSWELL - In the news again. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL