The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Body Language (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5409 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I guess Ron did mean you don't have two possible routes to take, but always the same.

However, being guilty myself of many modifications, I never had a single problem in performing Kurotsuke as per Max excellent instructions.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1531 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Childs play can also be repeated plus you can also do which hand if you want all in the same performance. I would notdo it but you could.

Ron
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Attention John Cesta, and other fellow Café members who might be reading this thread...

After re-visiting Max Maven's wonderful performance of his Kurotsuke effect on his Videominds, Phase One, Parlor Mentalism, DVD, I must re-tract what I said about Kurotsuke not being fail-safe. I was wrong. Kurotsuke "is" 100 percent fail-safe!

If you think it isn't, like I previously did, then you do not understand the method.

My sincere apologies to Max Maven for making such an erroneous statement. I obviously did not recall the method correctly and I needed to go back and review his brilliant performance of Kurotsuke along with his very instructive explanation of the method.

And I encourage everyone not "in the know", to study and enjoy Max's ingenious Kurotsuke effect and performance which can be found on his VideoMind series (Phase One, Parlor Mentalism)at:

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=1332

I hope this sets the record straight.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
...back to the specific subject at hand, started by rowdymagi5 back in 23003, The question that he kicked this thread off with in the Penny for Your Thoughts section of the Café...

"Body Language-Charles Gauci. Does anyone use this in your act and does it play big? "

is as relevant today as it was back then. Perhaps more so, in that since that time many more performers have been presenting this great effect with their own special twist and modifications. These fellow members have a great deal of additional insights and experiences to share that will help those of us that are relatively new to this effect bring their presentation up a few notches.

So, please continue to post your comments, insights and experiences here on this ongoing thread for all to see.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
mental4u
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mental4u
I have used it for years and it is outstanding. It uses 5 marbles, 1 black and 4 that are white/gray. This effect leaves nothing to be desired. It is fun and the audience can relate to a real world skill in which you have the ability to tell when the audience members are lying. This hits home like you would not believe. It is fun to do and very easy. In fact it cannot fail, if you can remember who had the black marble. And you will know.

As Chuck Hickok would say this is mentalism light. It is not a mind reading trick. I use it second in my show and I give it my highest recommendation.

Replace the ring that Charles gives you, is one additional tip.

Gregg Lancaster
Mental Masterpieces
College Station, Texas
TYMANSHINDO
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of TYMANSHINDO
It's great! I've lectured for business managers, police, students and it fits any presentational spin you wish to give it. Body language, micro expressions, character assessment, predictions etc etc. It truly does the cliched 'packs small plays big', whether its just a handful during walkaround or a stage performance in front of hundreds, it caters for all types of presentations. And lets not forget the objects; marbles, coins, drawings on business cards! It can be an opener, a closer or a segue into something else like psychometry, again as the cliche goes "Limited only by your imagination!"

Charles Gauci's body language was virtually the first effect I ever did and over the years, in my efforts to improve, I reached the point of doing it gimmickless ala thought channel. Some day I hope to do it propless too, just all in the mind, do do do do do do.

I owe Body Language a debt of gratitude as I learned not just a great routine, but also a lot about the importance of presentation, performance, character and dare I say, successful geist, in order to make this and subsequently other effects memorable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Body Language (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL