The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MISFITS!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Im a Colombian Dude Living in USA and I am Hooked on the Show Misfits.... Am I Alone or what? Also what other Brit showa and or movies out there like this that I am missing?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
This is the magic Café and I know there is some across the pond love out here. Love your Nation, Country not really sure but love all of it from the accent to the culture. Looking for some up to date Good movies and tv shows... who knows maybe one day the Air Force will station me out there... untill then help me out!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyd8dY8rRtA

If I didn't, Critter would have.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Some of my favourite Brit shows are The IT Crowd, Father Ted, Black Books, No Heroics, Benidorm, and Lead Balloon. All are relatively modern comedies.

Never got into Misfits, sorry. Maybe you would like No Heroics, as it is also about people with powers. With a twist.

Maybe I will give Misfits another try, sometime.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27137 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Three series if Being Human and a new series of doctor who starts next month.
There's more
...to all the coins I've dropped here
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 01:21, LobowolfXXX wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyd8dY8rRtA

If I didn't, Critter would have.

Nice!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have been to Cartegena but was not allowed to post about what I did there....wink wink
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 01:21, balducci wrote:
Some of my favourite Brit shows are The IT Crowd, Father Ted, Black Books, No Heroics, Benidorm, and Lead Balloon. All are relatively modern comedies.

Never got into Misfits, sorry. Maybe you would like No Heroics, as it is also about people with powers. With a twist.

Maybe I will give Misfits another try, sometime.

I love Fr Ted and The IT Crowd. But I should point out that Fr Ted was written by Irish men, the cast was entirely Irish, and it was shot in Ireland. The only thing British about it was the production company who funded it. The IT Crowd and Black Books were also written by Irish writers, and had a strong Irish element among their casts.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
My bad, sorry.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Anybody who loves UK comedies who hasn't seen Burnistoun needs to check it out. There are full episodes on YouTube. It's a Scottish sketch comedy show and it's fantastic.
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Two other shows I like are 'Gavin and Stacey', and also 'Ideal'.

Quote:
On 2012-07-15 11:47, critter wrote:
Anybody who loves UK comedies who hasn't seen Burnistoun needs to check it out. There are full episodes on YouTube. It's a Scottish sketch comedy show and it's fantastic.

I don't know why, but those British, Irish, Scottish, etc., sketch comedy shows (including Burnistoun) have never done it for me.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
You might give Burnistoun a shot. It's definitely not Monty Python.
~Will Rogers
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I loved 'That Mitchell and Webb Look' and their other one, "Peep Show'. Both available on Netflix. Peep show is very good, and these guys imprsss me.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 09:38, balducci wrote:
My bad, sorry.

No worries - I was only being pedantic.

Mitchell and Webb were great. Anyone see The League of Gentlemen? Weird, creepy and hilarious. Shows that you don't have to have an Irish writer to have a great show!
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
There are so many great British shows:
Yes, misfits is great!
Survivors was good
The new series of Sherlock is awesome
Downton abbey was surprisingly good
Life on mars
Comedys:
Little Britain
Extras
The office
It crowd
Pretty much anything by BBC Is going to far outweigh anything on North American tv..
The only thing is - the seasons are too short Smile
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:

Hear, hear.

Just don't try to use voice recognition technology if you have a Scottish accent.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Have you seen the old, original Survivors series?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 17:52, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

Hear, hear.

Just don't try to use voice recognition technology if you have a Scottish accent.

"Eleven. Eleven."
"What part of America is that supposed to be? Dublin?"

That and the gym sketch are my favorites Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQOBIV6Ceok
~Will Rogers
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 18:01, critter wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 17:52, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

Hear, hear.

"Eleven. Eleven."
"What part of America is that supposed to be? Dublin?"

That and the gym sketch are my favorites Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQOBIV6Ceok

I also like the sketch about the assassin, but I cannot find the YouTube clip.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MISFITS!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL