The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Naps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
One of the first things I read in TLR is the SPS editorial.

I read with great interest this months take on napping. I am a napper and one that has used Alpha-Theta Brainwave work, both on my self and with clients. As I recall I heard/read stories of people that used sound cues to wake themselves just before they crossed into the delta wave state. They might have held keys (which would fall out of their hands, or (for me coins) above a metal dish. The sound would wake them and they could if desired jot down any ideas.

For me pre-sleep(delta) is a very creative time. Of course I have also dreamed things that have led to interesting creations.
One was a close up routine that had my wife and I dancing to Frank Sinatra's Fly me to the moon in the middle.
Next week Annie, my nearly normal wife and I are going to take Ball Room Dancing. It is in preparation of our grandson's September wedding. Now that will make for some great magic moments.

Thanks to TLR's staff.

You are appreciated once again by,

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
LOL! As an old univeristy professor, this is encouraging. Nothing could be worse than knowing that a student is in your class today because he needs the sleep!

(Of course, at this age trying not to nap while driving is a challenge.)
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1423 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On 2012-07-12 11:21, Harris wrote:
One of the first things I read in TLR is the SPS editorial.

I read with great interest this months take on napping. I am a napper and one that has used Alpha-Theta Brainwave work, both on my self and with clients. As I recall I heard/read stories of people that used sound cues to wake themselves just before they crossed into the delta wave state. They might have held keys (which would fall out of their hands, or (for me coins) above a metal dish. The sound would wake them and they could if desired jot down any ideas.

For me pre-sleep(delta) is a very creative time. Of course I have also dreamed things that have led to interesting creations.
One was a close up routine that had my wife and I dancing to Frank Sinatra's Fly me to the moon in the middle.
Next week Annie, my nearly normal wife and I are going to take Ball Room Dancing. It is in preparation of our grandson's September wedding. Now that will make for some great magic moments.

Thanks to TLR's staff.

You are appreciated once again by,

Harris

Always a pleasure reading your posts. Try not to nap while learning the tango.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Hmm...a great time for the appearing rose...

In my teeth or Annie's.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Naps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL