The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mike Close-oragami question-with bolt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kakronen
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kakronen
In Workers and in the book Workers 4. Mike Close does an orgagami trick with a bolt and something. Making it real. Does anyone have any other ideas on different items instead of the bolt to make real
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Do you mean a belt and buckle?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Naven
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Naven
Saw a cool fish act on tv where he turned a paper fish real wish I knew were I could fine more info on it.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
First of all, the belt buckel doesn't actually become real...I was very confused at the end of this trick. I love Mike's stuff but this trick left me saying HUH? and So What? Anyone else?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
He's an oragami guy.
The effect was that 2 piece of paper eventually became one... or verse vica.

It was just an oragami surprise.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
Quote:
On 2003-10-14 22:47, kakronen wrote:
Does anyone have any other ideas on different items instead of the bolt to make real

How about a stick of chewing gum?

The blackened areas for the bolt are replaced by corresponding sections of a chewing gum wrapper. You could probably do this with an inkjet printer.

Fold it up per Harbin's Bolt and Frame, and then switch it for an empty frame containing a real stick of chewing gum.

Pull the stick of chewing gum free and let the spectator have it. Take the empty wrapper back from him and slide it back into the frame. Switch it for the origami model and unfold to show the wrapper has once again become one with the paper.
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of newguy
Craig,

This is a really solid idea. Great application.

But part of the charm is folding the bolt and frame in front of the spectator, so they can appreciate the "illusionary" effectiveness of the paper fold looking like two objects.

Now when you slide them apart- a real effect on the spectator.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
A dollar bill? If you work a restaurant you could patter about some obnoxious customer who leaves this origami as a joke on the wait-staff. They think it's their tip, but it's just a gag. But you've figured out a way to beat him at his own game, yadda, yadda.

I won't alert the Treasury Dept. if you won't.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mike Close-oragami question-with bolt (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL