The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 666 Park Avenue is coming! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
666 Park Avenue is coming!
So, okay, has anyone else heard about the new television series?
It’s loosely based on a novel of the same name.

It’s called 666 Park Avenue (for obvious reasons to anyone here)
The series is a sort of combination of The Shining/Rosemary’s Baby/The Haunting.

The real building’s address is 999 but when a shadow is cast on the iron numbers it reads “666”
…talk about turning your world up-side-down.

It will be on ABC and has a strong cast.
Supposed to debut this Autumn.

Let the speculations begin!!!

Magically,
Bro. Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Thanks for posting, hadn't heard of it. Looks like it might be pretty good.
Here's a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rL4GSQfU60

Has anyone read the book?

George
vanitywilde
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of vanitywilde
I am pretty excited about it and will watch it if only for Vanessa Williams. I am interested to see how far they go with the spooky element being as how it is on a network television station. I am sure that there will be comparisons to American Horror Story II also premering this fall. If American Horror Story II is anywhere even close to American Horror Story, I cant imagine 666 Park Avenue will stack up; although I guess being on ABC might give it a boost in ratings for those who don't have cable.

Vanity
Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
That show sounds cool Walt, I'll have to check it out.

I'm looking forward to Mockingbird Lane. I always loved The Munsters and having Eddie Izzard play Grandpa should be entertaining.

It's going to be hard for American Horror Story to follow up from last season. They could have ended the series right there and I would have been alright with it..
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Walt, thanks for the post. Dr., Thanks for posting the link.
This DOES look good, but I fear eventual mediocrity (as usual) on basic television. ABC, please prove me wrong. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
This Sunday, don't forget!
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Quote:
On 2012-07-13 11:19, vanitywilde wrote:
I am pretty excited about it and will watch it if only for Vanessa Williams. I am interested to see how far they go with the spooky element being as how it is on a network television station. I am sure that there will be comparisons to American Horror Story II also premering this fall. If American Horror Story II is anywhere even close to American Horror Story, I cant imagine 666 Park Avenue will stack up; although I guess being on ABC might give it a boost in ratings for those who don't have cable.

Vanity

I was just thinking the same thing. This is probably to try to get some ratings off of the huge success of AHS (which I LOVED). I always love how the networks copy off each other--they can never seem to come up with something original LOL
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of 13
Hoping this will be excellent. Wish HBO was doing it.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-09-29 19:12, 13 wrote:
Hoping this will be excellent. Wish HBO was doing it.

My thoughts exactly! ABC can only go so far, and this series (IMO) needs room for the obvious plots and content absent from network TV
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
I like it so far, surprisingly. Probably because of the great cast. I can't wait to see where this goes but I'm worried that it won't last or it will be too "soft" because it's on big network TV.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 666 Park Avenue is coming! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL