The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » D'lites - question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
I've never really had anyone ask to hold my D'Lite, but I have ended the routine by "giving" it to them, only to have it vanish. They don't notice the gimmick during the brief time it's touching their hand.

Maybe I've just been lucky. Smile
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
I can't remember whose site it was on, but they pretended to pluck the D-lite from a kids shoe and right after they did, the poor kids shoe quit working, they said that luckilly it did start working again and was just a fluke...that would be my luck.

I pulled one off the other day and was quite proud of how it went off.
The barber shop I go to has a large TV on the wall with a nice red power light when its on.
I got my haircut and had secretly brought a tiny strip of black electrical tape with me.
I then made a comment while in the chair saying to my barber "when we were kids we used to love to pop out the power lights and play with them, he naturally took a few seconds and then asked How?
When I got up to pay I then proceeded to grab the tape off my belt and plucked the light, did a few tosses, and ins and outs and popped it back in my pocket at the door to leave.
The older guy who owns the barber shop was stunned, but regardless he insisted that I not leave with his power light.
I fixed it and have laughed all weekend over the reaction.
I was really nervous since to me the black tape stood out like a sore thumb, but they never noticed.

Been dying to share that...sorry it was so long.

Best wishes for 2004 to all

Nick Zender
Akron, Ohio
DwightPA
View Profile
Regular user
Dwight Powell
113 Posts

Profile of DwightPA
Nick,
That is the funniest D'Lite story I've heard! Now I've got to start looking for power light opportunities.

Dwight
fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
D`Lites are visually stunning, but how do you ditch them after you finished your routine?
Do you belive that they are just for kids? Maybee adults figure out the gim.?
F.
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
194 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Go see this link to see what I do with them http://www.davidacer.com/DAChristmasTree.htm
this is something published in a small book called 7 by Michel Huot written by David Acer

have fun
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
One way of ditching them after your routine is to simply put your hands on your hip. If you do it right, you can leave the D'Lite in your waistband and it won't look like you're ditching anything.

As to whether adults figure it out or not, it depends. I used it on a couple coworkers and neither of them saw the gimmick or figured out what it was. I showed it to a kid and she kinda figured it out.

Anyone with enough experience is going to realize that you can't actually make lights appear at your fingertips, and that you must have some sort of device. They may not necessarily figure out that it's what it is, but they can know that it's a device. Kids can do that just as easily as an adult can.

If you have a good routine, though, they won't care. They'll just watch and applaud or gasp or whatever. Smile
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Last Halloween I used a D'Lite and as I grabbed the candy out of my bowl the light went on and as I dropped the candy into their bag, the light went into the bag. I have never had a better time handing out Halloween candy to the kids. One kid wouldn't leave the porch until he found his light in the bag. Maybe what I did was a little cruel but I had a great time and kid and parents loved it.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Quote:
I can't remember whose site it was on, but they pretended to pluck the D-lite from a kids shoe and right after they did, the poor kids shoe quit working, they said that luckilly it did start working again and was just a fluke...that would be my luck.

That was me this happened to. Boy was the boy upset. He was very mad at me. "He broke my shoe"..Smile
Luckily it did start working again. Maybe the battery was going dead or something. I don't know.

When a kid asks me to see the light or gestures for me to hand it to them. I just do a little manipulation with it to them using there head or body. Such as putting it through there head from ear to ear. Things like that. Make them smile with it while they are involved usually does the trick. Just don't rouine there shoes.. lol

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
netartifacts
View Profile
New user
Delaware, USA
21 Posts

Profile of netartifacts
What a wonderful invention D'lite! Simple easy to manufacture. I wish I thought of it... Smile
"Three may keep a secret if two are dead" Ben Franklin
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1360 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
The other venue I like to use D'lites at is at a dance club. I do "raver" type moves with them while I'm dancing.
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
You can find clear, plastic cubes, shaped like ice cubes, that light up when 'smacked' on the bottom. The light stays lit until smacked again. They can't be more than a couple of bucks a piece.

You could go through your routine and at the end, throw the light into one of these cubes. Would be even cooler if pulled from a glass sitting in front of you (especially if you incorporate the iced beverage in your routine, as suggested on the vid).

Just a thought. Whether you end up handing it out or not is up to you. Uh oh, I think I just trapped a butterfly. Smile
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I was visiting a sick friend in a hospital last week and had a great D’lites experience.

Some impatient man started pushing the “Up” elevator button over and over again.

I reached in my pocket for my always-ready lite. Turned to my wife and said, “do you have that extra working Up button I found.” She is used to this stuff with me and said yes.

I reached into her coat pocked and pulled out the lite. Then I “appeared” to add it to the glowing button on the wall. When the elevator came, we all got in. The man kept looking back at me without saying a word.

Any time I see ANY light glowing, it is always a great way to entertain kids (and some older kids). It allows the item you “steal” the glow from to take most of the heat. They always look back at where the light seems to have been stolen.

In spite of the fact that this gimmick is sold everywhere, it is still a powerful effect if the scenario is strong enough.

NOTE: The new D’lights coming through the magic shops have a new and better “switch. No more little “thing” to bend.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » D'lites - question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL