The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » On the Lighter Side (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
I would like to share an experience with you, about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends at the Marriott Hotel and had a few too many beers and some rather nice red wine.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a bus home.

Sure enough I passed a police road block but as it was a bus, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it.

Cheers
Frank
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Not particularly funny, that. Or light, for that matter.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 17:43, Frank Douglas wrote:

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it.

I LOLed.

:)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I will never forget sitting in the backseat of a car, all four of us had been drinking and the car had poor brakes at best. We made it back to school safely... somehow. and I took a good lesson from the experience. I don't find drunk driving funny at all.

I will also always remember being interviewed for a Jury in a drunk driving case. One of the questions for the potential jurors was "Have you ever had a DUI?" One man said he had. He was asked the follow up question "Do you still drink?" He responded "Daily... I voluntarily gave up my license so I could continue drinking." Personally I felt the man had a problem.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 17:59, Cliffg37 wrote:
I voluntarily gave up my license so I could continue drinking." Personally I felt the man had a problem.

His carbon footprint is smaller than yours.
When we're up to our necks in defrosted glaciers,he'll be laughing his tits off.Only because he's as ****ed as a rat,but he'll be laughing non the less.Because you,as a driver,caused it. Smile
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 17:49, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 17:43, Frank Douglas wrote:

I LOLed.

:)

At least you got the punchline....

Ah Well...
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 18:46, Ray Tupper. wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 17:59, Cliffg37 wrote:
I voluntarily gave up my license so I could continue drinking." Personally I felt the man had a problem.

His carbon footprint is smaller than yours.
When we're up to our necks in defrosted glaciers,he'll be laughing his tits off.Only because he's as ****ed as a rat,but he'll be laughing non the less.Because you,as a driver,caused it. Smile

Please don't get Woland and DannyDoyle started. Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Great standup bit...loved it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 18:58, Frank Douglas wrote:
At least you got the punchline....

Who didn't?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I will translate into canucker for Laurie cus it is a good joke:

I was drunking a forty pounder and hitting some BC hydro with this blue nose. I felt as woozy as a seal pup after the first clubbing to the head purely to respect the cultural an diverse historical significance to the First Nations people. Eh. Not wanting the force to question me I decided to take the more ecologically sound method of travel which still is nit as green as walking which have had I not been aware that humans are not normally part of wolves diet and it is violation of the law to allow a native mammal,which have rights. The exception is during times when wolves and bears are allowed to eat humans IF the human has only eaten organic foods for two weeks prior to being eaten and only natural fibers are worn and no metal or plastic zippers or buttons as they are a choke hazard. Eh. So I took the bus as stated. Befor safely which suprised me because I had never driven one before. EH.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » On the Lighter Side (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL