The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Am I too much of a geezer? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Hyalgan is approved for knees and being researched for other joints. Basically, it's a naturally occuring fluid that they inject into your knees that provides cushioning.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 09:10, ClintonMagus wrote:
Despite the whole age thing, a friend of mine told me last week that there are a lot of industries looking for more "seasoned" individuals to be in leadership positions.

Does he or she have any more info on this?
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"4 successful businesses or 3 that failed so now you're trying for a 4th? "

The first one was a small non-profit that I started in 1999. I started it while I was working for another company. Before I realized it, I had a $100k in the bank so I used that to quit my job and launch my second business, which was similar to the first but a for profit. The second company was very successful but it was a lot of work and didn't scale very well. The second company acted as sort of a match maker between large agencies and technology vendors. One day one of my clients asked me to find a vendor for something they wanted to do and I found nobody did it, so within 6 months, I shut down the business that wasn't scalable and I invented a technology that had never existed before (we now have about 6 competitors but we are still the leaders in the space), so the new technology was my 3rd company. I tried briefly to sell the second company but in the end it was just worth launching the 3d. I launched that company in 2003. I built it in my garage and we were profitable from the very beginning and about 2 years in we raised a few million dollars to expand. All told we raised about 10 million. That third company is still doing very well, and in fact we just made our first acquisition. After 7 years, I decided I wanted to start something new. Company 3 was doing well, but I missed the thrill of building something from scratch so I launched my current company which was designed originally to be a lifestyle business. Revenue has doubled over the last year and it is doing very nicely. I am currently expanding it.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"He did say to find one, then find 8 more; that's 9 total, not 8, and $900 * 52 = $46,800, which one could argue is about $50,000."

Exactly, I was rounding up. And it IS A CASH BUSINESS. Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I like it Slide....we don't have lawns. That is why when I move I want trees and green.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 17:36, Slide wrote:
"He did say to find one, then find 8 more; that's 9 total, not 8, and $900 * 52 = $46,800, which one could argue is about $50,000."

Exactly, I was rounding up. And it IS A CASH BUSINESS. Smile

My bad. I guess it was MY math that wasn't very good! Sorry!
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Hey Santa, whatever path you take I wish you the best of luck. Just don't ever stop coming to the Café!

Ron
:)
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Santa,
Please read my Veteran's Retraining Assistance Program Post.
Try saying that three times....
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Santa,

Your mention of your dad kind of got lost. I'm glad to read he's doing better.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 16:42, George Ledo wrote:
you mentioned paralegal a bit back. You're a vet; you've probably known a fair number of vets and can certainly relate to their issues and needs. Maybe you can do "specialized" paralegal work for the VA, m.

Hey Brother and neighbor back in the late 60's, early 70's,

First off, so sorry for your loss! I haven't been on here for awhile so I didn't know!

I think George's suggestion is a GOOD ONE! I have re invented myself 3 times now and the last was at 43 (Just shy of 55 now) and although it was a good change this time it has been physically demanding! My Dr's have been suggesting DI/Retirement for the past few years but my pride and ego says NO! I currently plan to grit it out to 60 (my bride retires with !@#$%en bene's at this time) but I'll probley continue to do what I do on a consultant basis and pursue some of my other dreams!

We paid our dues for VA/GI bene's bro, USE EM!

Mick
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I am 55 and glad to be alive.

I have pain in my feet, and lower back. I think it is from all my years of doing close up magic and leaning over tables.

I started lifting weights again when I was 50 to help with the pain and improve my cerculation. Now I hurt all over.

I have a friend that tells me 50 is the new 30.

I do magic shows and hypnotic shows for a living because it is what I do. I am not going to give you a suggestion of what to do because I don't know you.

Good luck.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2012-07-17 16:12, bishthemagish wrote:
I started lifting weights again when I was 50 to help with the pain and improve my cerculation. Now I hurt all over.

:rotf:

Please understand, I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you. I'm in the same boat! Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Am I too much of a geezer? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL