The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jerome's work being pirated? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I haven't visited Pennies for at least a year, my life being rather busy at the moment, but someone has obviously been very meticulous in compiling an email list of past posters in the forum. I just received an email from someone I don't know called supposedly Tushar Aggarwa, listing which Jerome Finley books he has and which are on his wish list and "if you find this to be mutually beneficial, we can share to help each other.. please get in touch .. if you have any books on wish list, let me know .. I have a good collection too..get in touch ..".

I don't have any of Jerome's work but respect very much what he has shared on here and would never rip him off. It's a terrible shame that some think otherwise.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
To be honest I can't even remember Jerome's username anymore - and have very little spare time to do a search. I am rather preoccupied with work and a very sick friend.

This was the easiest way I knew to bring it to his attention, and I have, of course, kept the entire email.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
About a year a go I went after this guy Tushar here at the Café for his open endorsement of piracy and theft. In response he put a curse on me giving me just six months to live. He also got great glee out of referring to me as an OLD BALD GUY.

I am happy to announce that I am still alive. (And have enough hair to stuff a couple of pillows!)

BTW- he was known as hypno_mentalist here before he was banned. Obviously he has another user name and has re-registered.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I emailed jerome a little while back about some work appearing somewhere it shouldn't and gave him some links and other such related stuff to get it removed...he's very busy at the moment so I don't know if he's had chance to get do anything...
I've asked to be banned
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2149 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 13:27, mastermindreader wrote:
About a year a go I went after this guy Tushar here at the Café for his open endorsement of piracy and theft. In response he put a curse on me giving me just six months to live. He also got great glee out of referring to me as an OLD BALD GUY.

I am happy to announce that I am still alive. (And have enough hair to stuff a couple of pillows!)

BTW- he was known as hypno_mentalist here before he was banned. Obviously he has another user name and has re-registered.

Could have been worse Bob. He could have sent you that hat to wear. Smile
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
222 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Rotten sods.

Just recently I had been hunting down a copy down of Mitox. I recieved an email from someone who called himself Pierre. Email was mindmagic999@.... He told me he had all of Phills books in ebook format and if I had anything that he didn't have we could trade pdfs.

There really was not much I could do so I just ignored the email.

It is my belief that the collectors of these unpaid for documents would have so much material they wouldn't learn any of it even half well.

Thieves.
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1035 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
As far as I am aware, jeromes signature work is indivdually coded to each purchaser and I don't just mean formatting. Im pretty sure everyone who purchased would have been made aware off that.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you happen to know of any author that finds their work pirated, this is one of many ways of getting the stuff taken down off that site...please feel free to download the pdf for free, and circulate it wherever you want...

http://www.lulu.com/shop/iain-dunford/pi......050.html
I've asked to be banned
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Destiny,

THANK YOU! I appreciate your kind words and your fine self especially for keeping an eye out for me and mine. You and your efforts are both very much appreciated and I trust things are going exceedingly well for you (!) and that your friend will make a speedy recovery.

Iain, I've received your email as well (it was sooooo good *!* and beyond the obvious conflict of interest expressed in this thread, I've yet to thank you for it, ha!). We'll talk again sooner than later. What you sent me personally was sublime...and professionally speaking, I've read the preview and want to be first in line to order (!!!).

Chris, the same goes for you! I love and appreciate you, man. I had to call for "help" in figuring out what to do about these crooks and I think we've got it all sorted out for the time being. Time will tell, as always. When and where I can take 2 or 3 down it seems a dozen more pop up in their place.

I've been incredibly busy as of late (no complaints!) and have received numerous emails about this guy and others like him pirating my work and using the MC as a vehicle to make illegal trades and ramp up the content of their stolen libraries. While I've got limited time currently, I can assure all of you that we're going after this person and anyone else that he's associated with to the greatest extent possible.

To Bob...too !@#$%^& funny! Perhaps we should phone Dr. Crow and put an end to this *** once and for all? Smile

P.S. Your hair always WAS the talk of the town and I remain envious as ever!

Thanks again to everyone! I'm afraid Tushar's days are numbered...

JF.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Hi Jerome-

Doctor Crow has been notified. Tushar has no idea was a real HooDoo curse looks like. Even penicillin won't shake it.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Sorry to see this is happening. Jerome (welcome back) is a gentleman and it is a shame to see his work being stolen. A few months ago I got an email from someone offering me a routine that retails at $1,000. Funnily it is a routine that I was slightly interested in.

The guy didn't just offer me the manuscript; he emailed me a PDF of the complete work! I contacted the creator, forwarded the email to him, and deleted it from my computer. But what hit me was that he wasn't even trying to make a quick buck, despicable though that would have been. He wasn't trading. He just sent me someone else's work, that was a limited release for a reason. What are these guys thinking?

Bald Bob, if the curse ever kicks in I can recommend a product called Spray On Hair.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Anybody know this guy?

Richard MARK (richardreading12@gmail.com)

It came as an email, not thru the Café. Any connection between the two?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

That is definitely not the mentalist, creator, PEA member (and friend) Richard Mark. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if his real name is Tushar.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Yeah, I had a PM from this guy last week as well. Your best option is to report the PM to the Café mods who will ban his account.

He was asking me for Jerome's work as well as Neal Scryer's.

Luke
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I wondered, since the body of the letter seemed similar to the OP, but the name was different. Hacked?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Doubt if it's hacked. The guys not that bright. Just a low-life thief.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
If you guys want to compare notes to see if it's the same person, just show a partial email address.

Otherwise you're providing a matchmaking service for pirates.
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
222 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Quote:
On 2012-07-17 00:17, duanebarry wrote:
If you guys want to compare notes to see if it's the same person, just show a partial email address.

Otherwise you're providing a matchmaking service for pirates.

Of course. How silly of me. I need to edit my above post but there is no option to edit. What's up with that?
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
I remember getting one of those as well. Just automatically sent it to the same place as the hair-replacement ads (Sorry, Bob.)

Hey look, it’s still in my Deleted folder. Looks like he was using “tushar(six digits)@gmail”. Typed all in lower case (Doug would have a field day!) He’s asking for “farewell book or professional choice 3 by jerome finley”. If it’ll help, I’ll be glad to PM the address to Destiny or TT2.

EDIT---

Actually, just did. Go get 'em!
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Yes - that's the same email address that I got the mail from.

Maybe he just needs to find what he's good at? Some do find it challenging to discern what is a natural fit for their persona. Why doesn't someone send him a T.O.D. routine? He strikes me as a champion tosser.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jerome's work being pirated? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL