The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Thought Association Card is phenomenal. I particularly like that it's very versatile and "customizable." You can stop the effect at any time if you don't want to go all the way to the end, you can repeat the effect and then go to the end, you can change the conditions and lead the person to something different...it's great, nearly perfect. It sits in my wallet and is ready for that "let's see a trick" moment. For those considering purchase...stop considering. The routine has been presented beautifully including a "road map" or chart to assist in the process and much more.

While certain f***es are camouflaged by the fact that the process takes place in the spectator's head, I would still like to suggest that maybe for future releases the back of the card has an entirely different path than the front of the card. I'm also reluctant to suggest the following, because the beauty of this effect is the simplicity and versatility of the card. Paul Carnazzo has a series of wallet cards that I don't particularly like because not each of the effects can withstand scrutiny, and the cards contain many potential "misses," but I would love to see this card have a few other hidden or secondary effects. Maybe the words on the card could have some significance other than the letters they use...I dunno, just brainstorming. The only reason that I'm brainstorming about how else this or these types of cards can be used is because my spectators won't give this up. They want to see more, they can't put it down. It's almost a complete act on one card. I want more! It's incredible.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Robvs,

Thanks for the very kind words. The ability to have different endings is one of the aspects many TAC performers really love.

As far as changing the card front or back, one possibility you might consider is to print the "gender-friendly" version on one side and then print the U.S. (or UK or Canada, depending on your location) version on the other side. In that way, you can have two versions on one card (you would only need to observe from which side the volunteer selected the initial word) that would lead to different paths.

Regards, Steve
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hi Robvs,
You can customize the card anyway that you like. Have one side with the TAC words of your liking and the other side with a few other items. Such as ESP symbols, the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 in the corner for a reading, a picture of a card, or have the grid from the book 5 by Scott Cerasey http://www.lybrary.com/number-5-p-270177......d=105827

There is endless things that you could do. Are you a reader, or are you just looking for a f o r c e? Do both and have a killin card that can be kept in your Lookout card case.

Best
Ray
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I don't get too heavy into reading. Clever fo*ces are more my style. I appreciate the great suggestions. I'm on Lybrary right now! I'd love to hear about other effects that people pair with this one. This is among my all-time favorites. Thank you much,

Rob
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Rob,

As far as what might be "paired" with TAC, you should take a look at Atlas Brooking's The Real Thing Book Test ( http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......m=303&22 ). His book specifically incorporates TAC (take a look at the end of the second supplement in your TAC manuscript) as part of his overall routine. It is truly quite amazing.

Regards, Steve
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I usually kill with the TAC, but have had a recent batch of comments such as "but you never told me the word I initially chose" types of comments. A difficult comment to overcome during performance- rather discouraging, too.

I'm a teacher who tried this effect with a class of students (whose native language was not English). Big mistake. Spelled "Taurus" T-O-U-R... Bad idea.

I am currently brainstorming ideas for a similar effect whereby the end result is you successfully revealing the initial choice of words. I've drawn the conclusion that it must involve a smaller set of words, and a few "light misses." Rather than "choose a month or a horoscope sign," it will include a few light miss/fishing lines such as "Can you think of a month with that letter? No, how about a horoscope sign? Is that easier?" types of comments. Essentially your prompts will not only lead the individual, but narrow down which word they have chosen. Not sure how possible the idea is yet. Very difficult to develop. Any suggestions?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Robvs,
TAC has an effect where you are able to tell the person their chosen word.

Ray
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 22:05, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Robvs,
TAC has an effect where you are able to tell the person their chosen word.

Ray

Is that a fact? Where? I'm going to have to scour the document again. I remember reading it and stopping at a certain point because I was excited to get started. Gonna have to take another look.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Robvs,

PM'd you Smile

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I'm nearing completion of a third supplement for Thought Association Card and wanted to give you a "heads-up" to keep an eye on your in-boxes. Hopefully, the manuscript will be finished by the end of the week (maybe Saturday). In the mean time, allow me to tease you with a list of contributors to the third supplement:

Greg Arce
Karl Davies
Andy Fisher
Mark Piazza
Chris Moreby
Don Theo III
Stephen Young

I know some of the routines/ideas will knock your socks off!

Regards, Steve
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
I love TAC! I use Gender Friendly + classic method, and never failed to impress.

as for customizing it, one could simply type the words of TAC on one side of a card and another Carnazzo effect on the other side.
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
424 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
Don't forget "Word Search Detective".

Easy to carry booktest using the TAC method.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Looking forward to reading this.

Ray
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I owe a big apology to Derek Robbins. I inadvertently omitted his name from the list of contributors to the third supplement to TAC. Sorry Derek :-(

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I've just finished sending out the third supplement for Thought Association Card to everyone. If you didn't received it, please check your "spam" or "junk" folder in case it was redirected there. If not, send me a PM and we'll try to figure out what happened.

I hope you'll stop back to let us know which were your favorites in the third supplement. Enjoy!

Regards, Steve
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Yay, just saw mine in the mail this morning. Thanks Steve. =)
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Jeff,

You're welcome Smile Let us know which are your favorites when you've had a chance to get through the supplement.

Regards, Steve
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2207 Posts

Profile of NeilS
The Thought Association Card and the many ideas that go with it just gets better and better.

Thanks Steve.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

I just got this and haven't had the time to read it. Looking forward to sitting down and reading it once I print it out.

Ray
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Ditto!

Best,

Atlas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL