The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm amazed with what others have created Smile It's been a wonderful experience!

Ray and Atlas,

As always, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the ideas in the new supplement...

Regards, Steve
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2013, Robvs wrote:
I usually kill with the TAC, but have had a recent batch of comments such as "but you never told me the word I initially chose" types of comments. A difficult comment to overcome during performance- rather discouraging, too.

I just got TAC a couple of weeks ago and have had similar responses regarding people asking about their "original" word. I refer back to the script I have told them about energy levels and that at the beginning in just choosing a word the energy production was not high enough for me to get more of an read than the single letter that I did. I hope that makes sense to you. Just remind them the experiment was not about the initial pick but about the overall effect they were producing.

And I have to tell you that Steve was great when I had a few questions. He responded with excellent answers and in a timely fashion. I do, indeed, have Atlas' The Real Thing and the book to use both effects and I'm really looking forward to that.

Preston
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Preston,

I occasionally have volunteers ask about the initial word as well and explain to them exactly what you described. It doesn't happen that often, but the explanation seems to satisfy their question.

It's always a pleasure to discuss TAC or answer questions about it. My interactions with others who perform TAC has been a lot of fun for me Smile

Regards, Steve
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Quote:
I usually kill with the TAC, but have had a recent batch of comments such as "but you never told me the word I initially chose" types of comments. A difficult comment to overcome during performance- rather discouraging, too.

I just got TAC a couple of weeks ago and have had similar responses regarding people asking about their "original" word. I refer back to the script I have told them about energy levels and that at the beginning in just choosing a word the energy production was not high enough for me to get more of an read than the single letter that I did. I hope that makes sense to you. Just remind them the experiment was not about the initial pick but about the overall effect they were producing.

And I have to tell you that Steve was great when I had a few questions. He responded with excellent answers and in a timely fashion. I do, indeed, have Atlas' The Real Thing and the book to use both effects and I'm really looking forward to that.

Preston

Hi all,

For anyone who is faced with this issue, don't be put off at all. I've solved it.

Just follow up and perform 'Train Tracking'.

I know that I haven't released it yet, but you can tell them their word, with nothing written down - no peeks, no props, no forces, just them and you. I've even done this over the phone.

Go ahead and get TAC. It is a winner.

Best,

Atlas
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of rasp
Atlas, when will this be available buddy?
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Atlas,

I'm glad you mentioned "Train Tracking." I didn't want to mention it myself because I wasn't sure at what stage you were regarding its release and didn't think I should "let it slip." Smile Let me say to everyone else out there, you will love "Train Tracking" when it is released.

Regards, Steve
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I had my Thought Association Card printed on PVC stock with the horoscope signs on the back. I'll be using them for a follow-up trick, but they serve an important roll for me. I am an English teacher in an area with a large immigrant population- with some students with spelling deficiencies (in English). If one more students spells "Taurus" "T-o-u-r-u-s" and screws up my trick, I'm failing him or her.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
And I just tried to post the pic, but it won't attach...weird.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

Robvs sent me a photo and the horoscope signs look great! I hope he's able to post the photo here so you can see his handiwork Smile

Regards, Steve
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Just ordered this. I can see this being a very strong follow on to Colin mcleod's wonderful direct flight.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6702 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Someone very kind, gifted me this. Amazing! I can't wait to make this up and pull it on someone! I also got Triangulation. Simultaneously control the “free” selections of two or three volunteers to create the illusion that their subconscious decisions were guided by the unseen forces of the triangle.

These two are incredible! Brilliant mentalism, that with sincere and thoughtful presentation, could be the best I have seen!

Doug
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I NEVER leave home without it
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Dougini and Mr. F,

Thank you for the very, very kind words. I, too, always have it in my wallet Smile

Regards, Steve
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Love this. Even passed the wife test! Gender friendly all the way, makes the most direct, easy to follow and straight forward in the minds of the spectators.

I've been following this up with a version of tervil/direct flight from Colin McLeod. Very strong.

Steve I'm interested in your methods if they ask the original word, as you mentioned earlier - ok to pm me!?

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Simon,

The wife test is a difficult one to pass Smile PM'd you.

Regards, Steve
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Top man thank you, great advice.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I just wanted to reiterate how much I love TAC. It is always with me and the reactions are always top notch. Last night, the man I performed this for yelled out, "No !@#$in' way!" while throwing his hands up. For those concerned about not revealing the initial word, I find that playing up Steve's suggested presentation takes care of it. You explain that the process is what makes it all possible. I've performed this many times and never been asked about the initial word. I do have Train Tracking, however, if it comes up.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I had to change my web server host and, consequently, all the old links to my site no longer work. The new link to Thought Association Card is: http://yachanin.net/Yachanin_Magic/TAC.htm

The links in my signature have all been updated as well. Thanks for your support!

Regards, Steve
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Steve, thanks for the update of your Link for TAC.

Best
Ray
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11631 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Quote:

Preston

How old are your specs? I have teens say stuff like that when I miss a card by one value etc.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL