The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11611 Posts

Profile of John C
You don't know the word. You caught and focused on pieces of it. Apparently the spec may have been focusing on a particular section of the word a particular letter perhaps.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Robvs,

John C said it very well. On those few occasions when the volunteer has asked about the original word, I simply tell them I don't know because the energy field was too weak at the beginning and I was only able to get a reaction to a position of a letter in the word.

Regards, Steve
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I love TAC. It has served me well for many years. I wish Atlas and Steve would get together and do another version of 'To Catch A Kite'. The idea is genius, but the execution is a little too "self-published" for my tastes. Both amazing effects though.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Funny you should say that - I've worked up a new version wherein you can ask the participant to choose a word from the book, use it to think of a word not from the book, and reveal it with no pumping. The book can be given away afterward and can be read cover to cover. This isn't something that I'm planning on releasing - it is far too fantastic - but it is something I'll happily share with other performers. The book used is "Right Ho Jeeves" by Wodehouse and should look perfect in every way.

I'll let you know when it is done Martin.

Best,

Atlas
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Given that the stuff you release IS "fantastic" the mind boggles at the thought of the quality of your unreleased material!

Regards,
Martin.
casco1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of casco1
Hi guys,
I really like what I read on this topic so far so I would like to give this a shoot.
Where is TAC available ?
The links in the previous posts don't work anymore
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18312 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Look for the name 'yachanin' further up, follow the link in his signature....

also, if mr yachanin would like to see my version of his UK card - please email me and I'll send you it... Smile
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi casco1,

Unfortunately, I had to change web hosts, so none of my previous links work. Here's the new one: http://yachanin.net/Yachanin_Magic/TAC.htm

@Iain... great looking cards!

Regards, Steve
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Tilburg, The Netherlands
442 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Have bought the PDF today, although Yachanin (correctly) mentioned that the effect *as sold* is only suitable for people who speak the English language.
I myself am Dutch but can see that the base principle could be used in other languages if you are willing to spend some time on it and convert it to your own language.
It will take you some time but I definitely think it's worth it. I can tell you I got a job to do this weekend 😊
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Bietfriek,

I'm glad you are going to put the time into converting it. I know you will find it was worth the effort Smile

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

IAIN sent me his version of the UK card he created. It is very authentic looking and he has very generously allowed me to share it with TAC owners. I have just finished sending emails to all those who own TAC. There were a handful of emails (about 9) that came back as "undeliverable." If you did not receive my email, please contact me at yachanin@roadrunner.com

Regards, Steve
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
443 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Hi Steve,

Downloaded the images. I like them. Want to thank both you and Iain for sharing this.

But am tempted to use the blank blue back with something useful for the routine. Still thinking though.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18312 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just so you know, the university is a real one, and was picked because they genuinely do tests/experiments with words (i think the latest one they did was to do with word frequency in June of this year)...
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi IMAGINACIAN,

I'm always amazed at people's creativity. Let me know what you come up with.

Regards, Steve
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Beautiful work Iain. Thanks to both you and Steve for sharing.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
443 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Just so you know, the university is a real one, and was picked because they genuinely do tests/experiments with words (i think the latest one they did was to do with word frequency in June of this year)...

Thank you for the info Iain. But I'm aware of Bristol and some of its work.

Btw, do you feel it will help if the test card no. is 37 or maybe 68 instead of 38? Just a thought.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
443 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2016, yachanin wrote:
Hi IMAGINACIAN,

I'm always amazed at people's creativity. Let me know what you come up with.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve,

Always enjoyed performing tac. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to print up the colored words (stroop test?) on the blank back. Or a sentence with words where some of the letters are jumbled up but the first and last letter are right and still spec can read it (can't remember what that is called)

This may be helpful for some by play whenever needed. Any suggestions?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18312 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Btw, do you feel it will help if the test card no. is 37 or maybe 68 instead of 38? Just a thought.

hmmm...in my opinion, not really...as the card is about reading a thought or at least some kind of mental projection of sorts...so the influence side of things for 37 doesn't really fit, in my opinion...

doesn't stop you tinkering with it yourself though obviously Smile

i'm keen to not over-egg the cake as it were...
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi IMAGINACIAN,

Since the Stroop Effect deals with attention, I wouldn't use that. If you can connect the volunteer's ability to read jumbled words with your persona's ability that is demonstrated in the TAC effect, then I might consider printing it on the card. If not, however, I would leave it as is. Overall, I think altering the card with information that differs significantly in content or form from the word list would make the card look less authentic. Does that make sense?

Regards, Steve
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
443 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Steve,

Thanks for the suggestions. Guess I'll leave it as it is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL