The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Nastiness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Bob and I actually made fun of how short a time it takes to devolve into nonsense.

This is why my number system for arguments makes sense.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-07-18 20:02, Devious wrote:
Does anyone know how Pete Marucci is doing?
If not how about Lee Marelli?

Been a while since I wrote Peter. Hope he's well.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-07-18 22:35, Dannydoyle wrote:
Bob and I actually made fun of how short a time it takes to devolve into nonsense.

Okay, that does it! 18! (At first I was going to say "23" but I decided not to be too offensive.)

:eek:
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Nonsense is a good thing. Posting long obscure articles for everybody else to read that come from a biased source will not change anyone's mind.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-07-18 22:45, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-18 22:35, Dannydoyle wrote:

Okay, that does it! 18! (At first I was going to say "23" but I decided not to be too offensive.)

:eek:

Racist.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2012-07-18 13:18, stoneunhinged wrote:.

The impression I get living abroad is that there has been a turn toward nastiness in American political life.

I put it down to the absence of those delightful, life affirming, Kinder Eggs in the U.S. of A.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-co......der.html

I mean, come on.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Toddlers choke on them. They die. Adults don't know that because they're labelled for kids and have kid toys in them. The kinder eggs people know that, yet they keep making them. An example of over-governmented actions saving lives. Sometimes it's needed. If it weren't for government banning these things, the manufacturers, judging the future from the past, would be selling choking toys and slipping melamine in everything we eat and getting away with it.

Sometimes what seems absurd really isn't.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Kinder Eggs are sold all around the world, except in the U.S., and apparently there have been about 7 deaths from them in 20 years. So if the population of the world is about 7 billion, and we exclude the population of the U.S., the risk of death from a Kinder Egg is ... well ... any interested reader can do the math. It's infinitesimal (really, really, really small).

Apparently the top items in choking deaths in the U.S. are:

Hot dogs
Candies
Nuts
Grapes
Meat
Raw carrots
Cookies and biscuits
Raw apples
Popcorn
Crunchy peanut butter

Those kill more children in the U.S. every year than Kinder Eggs have in 20 years all around the world.

Anyway, my Kinder Egg post was really just meant to hopefully amuse Stone.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I stopped watching the news over a year ago and have not watched TV in over a month. I do love a good debate but too many folks have to be right, and worse make it their mission in life to prove you wrong. This is the only section (other than the occasional post in a non post count section) where I post. I do find it ironic that, though the rules say no politics or religion threads allowed yet they exist. But mention a banned members book or question the status quo thunder and lightning rain down from Mount Olympus. It's the randomness of it all.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-07-19 03:30, Salguod Nairb wrote:
It's the randomness of it all.

That's what makes life interesting!
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Care for a game of Russian Roulette? I'll let you go first. Smile
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2012-07-19 00:14, balducci wrote:
Kinder Eggs are sold all around the world, except in the U.S., and apparently there have been about 7 deaths from them in 20 years. So if the population of the world is about 7 billion, and we exclude the population of the U.S., the risk of death from a Kinder Egg is ... well ... any interested reader can do the math. It's infinitesimal (really, really, really small).

Apparently the top items in choking deaths in the U.S. are:

Hot dogs
Candies
Nuts
Grapes
Meat
Raw carrots
Cookies and biscuits
Raw apples
Popcorn
Crunchy peanut butter

Those kill more children in the U.S. every year than Kinder Eggs have in 20 years all around the world.

But Balducci, if it saves 1 life, it will be worth it!

Ok, I know you can't detect sarcasm on a msg board but that's how that was meant. That's one of the sayings that annoys me the most.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
So you are saying that Tom Jorgenson's comment to me was sarcastic? Hope Tom weighs in to clarify.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
No, I'm saying MY comment was sarcastic. I was agreeing with YOUR comments.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2012-07-19 00:14, balducci wrote:

It did, thanks!

But it also reminded me of my last trip to the States. I bought a three-pack of old-fashioned (meaning: in the box, not the bag) Cracker Jack. The surprise inside was paper. I immediately came to the conclusion that they were trying to protect themselves from accusations of the toys being a choking hazard. And I thought to myself, since Cracker Jack was invented, how many kids choked on the toys?

While it's true that a single death of a child from choking on a Kinder Surprise egg or a Cracker Jack toy is regretable and tragic, what's really sad is that I think the parents were probably to blame. You know--hand the kid a box of Cracker Jack to shut him up, then go chat with the neighbor for a while, and BANG, the kid is dead. Is that Cracker Jack's fault?

Here is a tragic truth: children drown in swimming pools. It's a horrible, horrible thing. And I don't think the parents are necessarily to blame. But are the swimming pool manufacturers?
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2012-07-18 15:28, Al Angello wrote:
Jeff
We have hate AM radio, we have a hate cable TV channel, and most of the people who post on "not very magical still" are over flowing with even more hate, and they have driven all the lovers away. I'm about to be attacked by all those who hate so much that they have no time to talk about the elephant in the room (thank God for facebook). I think that it is plain for you to see that all the lovers, all of your old friends, all the people who you used to have belly laughs with are long gone. We don't tell jokes here any more here because humor gets in the way of hate.

+10 Thank you
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On 2012-07-19 04:24, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Care for a game of Russian Roulette? I'll let you go first. Smile

Careful there - Bob has actually played Russian Roulette professionally.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3543 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
And it has been rumored that he cheats...
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Even by his good self. Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Listen guys. I am on drugs and not sure what day it is and these threads confuse me.

I also don't think Bob Cassidy is hip enough to Will Rogers and I think he, Bob, would. Like his quotes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Nastiness (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL