The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mass shooting at Batman screening in Aurora Colo. At least 12 dead, dozens more wounded. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18..31..44..57..70~71~72 [Next]
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 13:53, LobowolfXXX wrote:
He shouldn't see the light of day until he's 45!!

That is part of the problem. Too little time for murder (at least for some) and too soft in prison.

I say bring back the chain gangs and make prison a place that is so bad, one does not want to return, once released.

Until we start to treat the scum of the earth like the scum they are, we will continue to be part of the problem. We need both judicial and penal reform (I have been crying this for years).
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
The specific neighborhood where he grew up in San Diego is Rancho Penasquitos,
if anyone is researching this kid's origins here in S.D.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 14:53, irossall wrote:
Until we start to treat the scum of the earth like the scum they are, we will continue to be part of the problem.

Until we start to realize that the individuals who commit these acts are human beings, as long as we continue to label them as something "other", we will continue to be part of the problem. This problem needs to be addressed at its ROOT.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
They're human beings; just evil ones.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
All four guns were purchased at Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shops.
Purchased between May and June of this year.

Public records indicate that Holmes lived with two roommates at 1690 Paris St., Apt. 10.
The roommates are also recorded as being from California.

Neuro-Science B.S. and Recently Withdrawn Student from Univ. of Colorado
Graduated with honors from a Univesity in Riverside, California before transferring
to University of Colorado.

His father just stepped on a plane only minutes ago, destination Aurora, Co.

From the talk in the neighborhood, aqcuaintances talk about his fascination
with the Joker character in the film.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
On 2012-07-20 15:18, magicalaurie wrote:
Quote:

Until we start to realize that the individuals who commit these acts are human beings, as long as we continue to label them as something "other", we will continue to be part of the problem. This problem needs to be addressed at its ROOT.

BINGO!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
James had his hair painted red and he identified himself as the Joker
when he responded to the local p.d. for id.

Tom Mai a retired electrical engineer spent much time with him during
his youth as a neighbor of the family.

I'm in the family neighborhood tracking data for my own research purposes.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Who invented the gun? A madman?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Treating people like scum is something I like to think as a society we have evolved beyond.

Perhaps we need to start looking at the similarities in things and see what may be done as prevention. Treating them line scum is reactive, and frankly vengeful. Finding out what helps lead certain people to such behavior might be a worthwhile way to pass the time waiting for the next spree killer to pop up.

I am all for locking them up after. Yep gotta do that. But why not try to get out in front of it?

Treating them like scum? Not a fan of devolving society that much sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Carry a loaded gun, at least then you have a chance if some nut starts.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The Joker?

Really hope this wacko doesn't see himself as The Joker reincarnated or some such delusion. Smile

Quote:
On 2012-07-20 16:42, Dannydoyle wrote:

Treating people like scum is something I like to think as a society we have evolved beyond.

Not all societies have evolved sadly.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Thinking of last nights terrible event I am reminded that I grew up with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsC0zIhWNww and todays kids are growing up with this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6bD3zn-wLI

Sad.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If Tipper Gore shows up in the Café, I'm outta here.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I couldn't make it to 1:30.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
The Joker really was just a horrible individual in the comics, but the difference is that this guy is not going to escape to kill again. We'll see how smug he feels when reality sets in.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
So all you have to worry about is next super villian.

You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Who did they call for help when this started? The guys with the guns that's who!

Why didn't this nut walk into cop shop and start shooting? Because they have gus and would have shot back that is why.

Would you walk around a jungle without a gun? This jungle we are in has wild annimals like that nut and you just bump into one. So in opinion you need a gun for protection. And a big knife on planes just in case. Its going to do you no good if has killed you that he is locked up is it? The cops can't be everywhere. Look what they said he was shooting us like fish in a barrel. It will happen again and again no matter how much you try to understand them. They are nuts, so just shot them if they start and let then try and understand that.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Quote:
Who did they call for help when this started? The guys with the guns that's who!

Quite true, tommy.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 18:27, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If Tipper Gore shows up in the Café, I'm outta here.

She could re start her campaign to save the world from dyslexic satanists.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
On NPR today they were talking about the film industries reaction to the incident. There was a movie trailer that was suppose to be released that featured a scene in which a bunch of gangsters shoot up a movie house. It of course was pulled in the wake of this tragedy. Pretty scary.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have been pondering this vicious act of mass murder. Some of you may recall my godson did an attack on his highschool with the alledged desire to kill as many students as possible. The difference I now realize between Alex and this guy is Alex was not equiped to kill a bunch of people, but what if he had? Then this boy I knew his entire life could have been this guy in Colorado. I am at a loss to what to think now about Alex who I thought they were being heavy handed with. How many would have died if he had guns? Man... you just can't do anything to find these guys cuz there are thousands of potential wackos running around.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mass shooting at Batman screening in Aurora Colo. At least 12 dead, dozens more wounded. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18..31..44..57..70~71~72 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL