The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Trendy brands that are no longer trendy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
BVD's
Hypercolor
Walkman
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What is hypercolor?

Items...trendy....
Puma
Angel Flights
Dittos
Granny Sacks. (The sexiest outfit any girl in highschool or college could wearK
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Hypercolor was those t-shirts that changed colors when you touched them or they got hot.
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Benneton used to be pretty big. Maybe it still is but I don't see much of their stuff around anymore.

Blackberry is probably going to go out of business soon.

Izod/Lacoste is still around but no where near as popular as they were in the 80's.

Jordache and Guess jeans.

Swatch watches.

I think Crocs may be on their way out.

Ugg boots.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Oh yeah, Swatch! I always wanted a Swatch and only got knock-offs.
Crocs are the best shoes for yard work (especially if you have dogs) because you can just spray them off with a hose.
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 14:08, critter wrote:

Crocs are the best shoes for yard work (especially if you have dogs) because you can just spray them off with a hose.

I know they have a very loyal following, I have friends who swear by them. I think they will be around for a long time but it seems like their popularity has gone down some. Also, they are being knocked off left and right so the actual Crocs brand has probably taken a hit.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Members Only jackets. lol!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Sometimes I still see those, but sadly they're always on hipsters Smile
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I got a leather jacket Urguay and when I came back it was a copy of members only jacket and I felt silly.

When I worked that lil bit of time earlier we sold over 30,000 pair of crocs, most pink
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I have tan ones that I only use for yard work. I wore them to the store once and my ex was so embarrassed.
~Will Rogers
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I noticed a lot more Izod clothing being worn in London than I see here in the USA.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Those Jordache and Guess jeans looked great on the right people.
But I'm still a Levi's dude. Always have been.
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 14:56, ClintonMagus wrote:
I noticed a lot more Izod clothing being worn in London than I see here in the USA.

I was just going to say. A lot of trendy brands do come back. Either because they are funny or ironic, like Hipsters wearing Members Only jackets. Or because the brand is revitalized. In the 80's the Lacoste alligator was everywhere and absolutely synonomous with "Yuppie". Then it kind of disappeared. However recently I have started seeing it again on the golf course etc.

Which brings to mind another brand. I think it was called Munsingwear? They had shirts with the little penguin. The penguin was never as popular as the alligator, but it had a little foothold. I haven't seen those in a while either but they are probably still around.

Ray Ban sunglasses are timeless and classic but they seem to have ups and downs as well. One day everyone is wearing Wayfarers or avaitor glasses, then they disappear for about 10 years, then they come back.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I wear crocs because my foot issues make them the most comfy. Of course I am undeer no dillusion that anyone would think "that would be a sexy fat guy if only he had on cool shoes"
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 14:59, critter wrote:
Those Jordache and Guess jeans looked great on the right people.
But I'm still a Levi's dude. Always have been.

Me too. I bought a pair of Guess jeans in high school and I felt like a doofus for spending so much and caving to fashion. Plus the jeans were cheap pieces of junk anyway. I haven't bought anything but Levis since.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Every time I see Wayfarers I think of the Blues Brothers.
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 15:04, MagicSanta wrote:
I wear crocs because my foot issues make them the most comfy. Of course I am undeer no dillusion that anyone would think "that would be a sexy fat guy if only he had on cool shoes"

No shame in giving in to comfort. My girlfriends brother wears them constantly. Say they are the most comfortable shoes he's ever had. He works in a hospital and I guess all the nurses wear them. And that celebrity chef Mario Batali wears nothing but Crocs.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
When I was a kid in the San Francisco area, I don't know why, I wore plaid or stripednpants, flouncy colored shirts, and ascots. Rock and roll! Then nothing but cords Jmy dad felt jeans were for work not public wearing) I wore cords. Once in my junior year of highschool I got jeans and wear em still....except for disco days when angel flights showed off my sexy behind.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-07-20 15:05, critter wrote:
Every time I see Wayfarers I think of the Blues Brothers.

I think of Bob Dylan. But the Blues Brother spurred a revival, as did Tom Cruise in Risky Business, as well as Will Smith in Men in Black. Every few year a celeb turns up in a pair and they become popular again.

I had a classic pair from the mid-sixties they were mint. But like everyother pair of sunglasses I ever owned, I lost them. I was devastated.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
For you expensive sun glasses people I saw customs papers for a brand that cost around $100, total cost for parts, assembly, and packaging....$3.80.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Trendy brands that are no longer trendy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL